• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

David, maybe you should create a little non-bolded list under the main list that`s sort of a probationary list, where people who were on the list and corrected the problem would stay for a month and then be taken off so long as there`s no further complaints.

Rehabilitation and forgiveness is great and all, but if the purpose of this thread is to warn people about bad buyers/sellers, it seems the fact that someone had a bad history should stay on for a little while so it`s easy for people to see, and not make everyone wade through this entire thread to see who`s been on the list recently.

Tim,

A great idea, and I agree with your sentiments, as there are tendencies in behavior that are often predictable. I think it might be a bit difficult to distinguish gray (from black and white). I know I have my own "Don't ever sell to these guys" list which is compiled, in part, from this thread.

David

p.s. That, and I don't want to play god here . . . :grin:

And maybe "a little non-bolded list under the main list" with people that might be going on the big list soon.

hm

No, I don`t think anyone should go on the list until they go on the list, if you know what I mean.

However, once they`re on the list, I don`t think they should get a complete "get out of jail card" just because they finally made good on the deals that got them on the list in the first place.

So a true 30-day "probation" then with Probation officers, house arrests, and ankle bracelets! I love it! :hi:

10/13/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

Cap FFreak

comicmankev

donavan74

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Joker-Fish

Lighthouse

Nascar

Sid

SpiderJay300

:sumo:

So I came to this thread to say that I finally got my books from Daken after I put him in this thread and filed a Paypal dispute, but it looks like he's already been removed. I guess this is part of the problem with a list like this. Anyway, he's cleared my situation.

10/13/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

Cap FFreak

comicmankev

donavan74

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Joker-Fish

Lighthouse

Nascar

Sid

SpiderJay300

:sumo:

So I came to this thread to say that I finally got my books from Daken after I put him in this thread and filed a Paypal dispute, but it looks like he's already been removed. I guess this is part of the problem with a list like this. Anyway, he's cleared my situation.

Uh, quit yer whinin' :baiting:

David, maybe you should create a little non-bolded list under the main list that`s sort of a probationary list, where people who were on the list and corrected the problem would stay for a month and then be taken off so long as there`s no further complaints.

Rehabilitation and forgiveness is great and all, but if the purpose of this thread is to warn people about bad buyers/sellers, it seems the fact that someone had a bad history should stay on for a little while so it`s easy for people to see, and not make everyone wade through this entire thread to see who`s been on the list recently.

Tim,

A great idea, and I agree with your sentiments, as there are tendencies in behavior that are often predictable. I think it might be a bit difficult to distinguish gray (from black and white). I know I have my own "Don't ever sell to these guys" list which is compiled, in part, from this thread.

David

And maybe "a little non-bolded list under the main list" with people that might be going on the big list soon.

hm

No, I don`t think anyone should go on the list until they go on the list, if you know what I mean.

However, once they`re on the list, I don`t think they should get a complete "get out of jail card" just because they finally made good on the deals that got them on the list in the first place.

So a true 30-day "probation" then with Probation officers, house arrests, and ankle bracelets! I love it! :hi:

If it is decided that we do 30-day probation I think we should write the day they are off the list in italics

If it is decided that we do 30-day probation I think we should write the day they are off the list in italics

In my opinion, if you're on the list, you shouldn't be able to post in this thread meh

In my opinion, if you're on the list, you shouldn't be able to post in this thread meh

I agree. Especially if you didn't even write your own letter of apology. :whistle:

I agree. Nor should they have any influence in making decisions. Seeing as how the list is about crappp that they did wrong anyway.

I agree. Especially if you didn't even write your own letter of apology. :whistle:

:popcorn:

im all ears :wishluck:

me too...

Edited by comicdey

Hah. You can't bait me into complaining so much I'm asked to do it myself. You can keep your unpaid, PITA, thankless, time consuming, self-appointed position. I'm too smart for you. :sumo:

me too...

ditto . . . :)

Hah. You can't bait me into complaining so much I'm asked to do it myself. You can keep your unpaid, PITA, thankless, time consuming, self-appointed position. I'm too smart for you. :sumo:

:makepoint::foryou:

me too...

Nevermind. I can't bring myself to sink a ship that's already taking on water.

me too...

You should have let me expose the whole truth.

me too...

You should have let me expose the whole truth.

Nobody here wants to see you expose anything. :blush:

Tim,

David

hm

Don't forget the pepper spray & tasers too. :cloud9: