• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I blame greggy

I blame beer (for oh those so many mornings where I wake up and look at what's next to me.... :sick: then followed by :o )

How could you tell with the bag on her head?

You are assuming that it's a "her." :/

or human.

labradors are so friendly...., :cloud9:

I would like to add that the bad sale was not the only issue with this person at the time, for those of you sleuths that are trying to figure things out. Really the bad deal was just the beginning.
:popcorn:

I would like to add that the bad sale was not the only issue with this person at the time, for those of you sleuths that are trying to figure things out. Really the bad deal was just the beginning.

:cry: Please spare us...

Per your post...

I've just now returned to these forums after being gone for nearly a year and the idea of this thread is the exact reason why I was gone for so long. I'm sure I wasn't really missed by most but there was a situation where someone posted a in one of my sale threads and didn't follow through with the transaction.

Now mind you I can understand most situations but being who this person was and what this specific situation happened to be I was extremely disappointed that no one bothered to stick up for me at the time.

...but in trying to look up the thread in which you referenced, there doesn't seem to be one. How is anyone supposed to "stick up for you" if no one knows there's a problem? And why bring it up months later?

Don't expect to bring up allegations like this and NOT expect some to try to find out where the problem, as related by you and still not verified as anything but bull :censored:, really lies... hm

Jim

I blame greggy

I blame beer (for oh those so many mornings where I wake up and look at what's next to me.... :sick: then followed by :o )

How could you tell with the bag on her head?

You are assuming that it's a "her." :/

or human.

Now that was clever. :applause:

I'm putting myself on probation tonight because it seems I've gone from making lots of friendly conversation about comics (though mostly ASM-related) to becoming a hypocritical, critical *spoon* I didn't see it happening, but ah well! :tonofbricks:

Anyhow, I posted up a thread on this topic over in the General Forum if anyone wants to weigh in. I think it's a great idea to talk about, and will hopefully helps us to put together some good rules (formal or informal) for our community's sales thread. (thumbs u

:cry: Please spare us...

Per your post...

I've just now returned to these forums after being gone for nearly a year and the idea of this thread is the exact reason why I was gone for so long. I'm sure I wasn't really missed by most but there was a situation where someone posted a in one of my sale threads and didn't follow through with the transaction.

Now mind you I can understand most situations but being who this person was and what this specific situation happened to be I was extremely disappointed that no one bothered to stick up for me at the time.

...but in trying to look up the thread in which you referenced, there doesn't seem to be one. How is anyone supposed to "stick up for you" if no one knows there's a problem? And why bring it up months later?

Don't expect to bring up allegations like this and NOT expect some to try to find out where the problem, as related by you and still not verified as anything but bull :censored:, really lies... hm

Jim

I have no idea why you've taken it upon yourself to be so hostile and aggressive towards what I said and in no way did I claim that I was going to "out" anyone. I was merely stating that I think the idea of this thread is a good one. Most of what happened occurred in PM's between myself and others and it goes WAY beyond the failed transaction. I've been selling collectibles off and on for going on 20 years and sure transactions fail from time to time but that was not the sole reason for my complaint.

Why don't you take up some of that pent-up anger you seem to have and use it towards something useful, like say... bomb the mess out of Osama?

I'm putting myself on probation tonight because it seems I've gone from making lots of friendly conversation about comics (though mostly ASM-related) to becoming a hypocritical, critical *spoon* I didn't see it happening, but ah well! :tonofbricks:

Anyhow, I posted up a thread on this topic over in the General Forum if anyone wants to weigh in. I think it's a great idea to talk about, and will hopefully helps us to put together some good rules (formal or informal) for our community's sales thread. (thumbs u

I'll take the heat, I'm the hypocritical bastich. No problem with that. If a person takes offense that easily they need to remove their thong from their arse.

I'll take the heat, I'm the hypocritical bastich. No problem with that. If a person takes offense that easily they need to remove their thong from their arse.

Could I get video of that?

Okay, that was a :signfunny:

Why don't you take up some of that pent-up anger you seem to have and use it towards something useful, like say... bomb the mess out of Osama?

Already did that for three months...mountains are tough things to crack let me tell you...

And as far as your sob story...how pray tell are we to stick up for you if we don't know the situation? How are we supposed to know? Osmosis? You're the one who took the Forum to task for not doing so. Don't cry about spilt milk if you're the only one at the table that's aware...

Jim

I go commando... ;)

Already did that for three months...mountains are tough things to crack let me tell you...

And as far as your sob story...how pray tell are we to stick up for you if we don't know the situation? How are we supposed to know? Osmosis? You're the one who took the Forum to task for not doing so. Don't cry about spilt milk if you're the only one at the table that's aware...

Jim

Like I said, there were several people aware of the situation(s) at the time through PM's and emails. My intent was not to make an issue of this but to only give an example towards this thread.

Jim

Like I said, there were several people aware of the situation(s) at the time through PM's and emails. My intent was not to make an issue of this but to only give an example towards this thread.

What was your example? Did I miss it?

Jim

I think you're missing the point of the thread, then.

It's used to out people, name names, warn others...that sort of thing.

Not cry about something that happened over a year ago, that nobody else was aware of, that we failed to support you in...even though we had no idea what was happening.

C'mon...it's clear from this thread that the board does support its members who have been taken for a ride. Don't make accusations that we don't without evidence, when the evidence that is available suggests that we do.

10/13/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

Cap FFreak

comicmankev

donavan74

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Joker-Fish

Lighthouse

Nascar

Sid

SpiderJay300

:sumo:

:bump: