• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Have to agree with the others.

No return does not = deadbeat.

Personally I would just chaulk it up in the "don't buy from again" department.

Now there's a thread topic someone should start . . . :grin:

hm

Nah, don't like to hurt the feelings of anyone

Chicken!

How does everyone feel about sellers who have a policy of no returns on books?

Worth including them here, or not a sufficiently large 'crime' to warrant it? (shrug)

How bad was it?

If there was restro or pages missing and the seller refuses to make good then I think that's falls under a "crooked seller" area and they should be on probation.

After all everyone's always on Comic-Keys butt.

I thought everyone one here offered a full money back guarantee. Maybe it should just be part of the forum rules for selling.

Uh, yeah, it's a nice cozy little club with strict entry requirements . . . :insane:lol

I thought everyone one here offered a full money back guarantee. Maybe it should just be part of the forum rules for selling.

Uh, yeah, it's a nice cozy little club with strict entry requirements . . . :insane:lol

I know it's not, but as far as I'm concerned, if we see somebody rock up here simply to sell their garbage and they're not offering returns, I can't see it being uncool to ask them directly in their sales thread why not? (shrug)

Not that they could be held to it, anyway, but... :(

Not to go off the deep end here, but couldn't selling books with misrepresented grades and refusing to accept a return be likened to fraud?

(thumbs u

That's the way I would see it.

And given that, I'm still not certain that it isn't a Probation Thread matter...selling vastly over-graded books without a return policy. hm

Not to go off the deep end here, but couldn't selling books with misrepresented grades and refusing to accept a return be likened to fraud?

(thumbs u

That's the way I would see it.

And given that, I'm still not certain that it isn't a Probation Thread matter...selling vastly over-graded books without a return policy. hm

I think it should be public on these boards. Someone should start an Underdue kudos thread.

I nominate you Nick! (thumbs u

I know it's frustrating ...and I certainly have been frustrated...but I think it's an honor system.

The difference between here and Ebay is that there really is a community here, and people earn trust in different ways, not just by feedback numbers.

I don't think we can require anything...returns, actually getting books, getting them on time, certainly not packing. I ASSUMED that everyone did accept returns, but obviously I was wrong.

It's also a gamble when you trust a new person...some times you win, and it's a pleasant experience, sometimes you lose.

For me, I'm going to keep on trusting, cause I'm happier that way...and I know the items that frustrated me, are going to go to a good cause...and that will make a difference. I also know people trusted me when I started, here...even though I came with very decent feedback, they were still taking a chance. I appreciate that, and I'm going to continue to pass it on.

Everyone has some differences, but the people on here as a whole, have been stellar...and personally, I'm not going to let one bad apple rattle my tree.

I'm not terribly sorry I rattled theirs, maybe just a little...;) but...I'm not perfect...and I sure have made errors, but I bend over backwards to fix them and I really admire the sellers I have dealt with who have done that, even more than the ones who have been perfect (not to say that being perfect is a bad thing, if anyone here is...:)

I've just now returned to these forums after being gone for nearly a year and the idea of this thread is the exact reason why I was gone for so long. I'm sure I wasn't really missed by most but there was a situation where someone posted a :takeit: in one of my sale threads and didn't follow through with the transaction.

Now mind you I can understand most situations but being who this person was and what this specific situation happened to be I was extremely disappointed that no one bothered to stick up for me at the time. In short, whether it be dorky or not, my feelings were hurt. The CGC forums are a tough crowd and though I had been posting fairly frequently and had several transactions (both buying and selling) I never seemed to "belong" as these forums can be very "clich-ish".

It's unfortunate that many of the forum members, though they be grown adults now, can't seem to get past a high school mentality when communicating with one another on these boards.

I hope this idea (this thread) goes a long way to achieve its goal.

I've just now returned to these forums after being gone for nearly a year and the idea of this thread is the exact reason why I was gone for so long. I'm sure I wasn't really missed by most but there was a situation where someone posted a :takeit: in one of my sale threads and didn't follow through with the transaction.

Now mind you I can understand most situations but being who this person was and what this specific situation happened to be I was extremely disappointed that no one bothered to stick up for me at the time. In short, whether it be dorky or not, my feelings were hurt. The CGC forums are a tough crowd and though I had been posting fairly frequently and had several transactions (both buying and selling) I never seemed to "belong" as these forums can be very "clich-ish".

It's unfortunate that many of the forum members, though they be grown adults now, can't seem to get past a high school mentality when communicating with one another on these boards.

I hope this idea (this thread) goes a long way to achieve its goal.

hm I have always liked your avitar.

What are you talking about? (shrug)

Jim

Jim

:gossip:

1. We hurt his feelings

2. We haven't grown up yet.

Jim

I'm talking about a prominent member of these boards that did not follow through with a transaction drove me away from these very boards.

I'm glad to see that someone is making an effort to "out" these people is all I'm saying whether they be Overstreet advisors or first time posters. It's the pompousness of people in any hobby that drives people away from it.

Jim

:gossip:

1. We hurt his feelings

2. We haven't grown up yet.

3. We need more cowbell

Jim

I'm talking about a prominent member of these boards that did not follow through with a transaction drove me away from these very boards.

I'm glad to see that someone is making an effort to "out" these people is all I'm saying whether they be Overstreet advisors or first time posters. It's the pompousness of people in any hobby that drives people away from it.

Who is the prominent member? and what was the transaction involving?

Jim

We're not clique-ish!!

Besides you're not cool enough to hang out with us anyway! :banana:

:jokealert: