• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Anyone here have a $1,100 held over there held like a clever? Didn't think so.....

To TFL it's just a comic book deal and he didn’t pay for the book he agreed upon. It’s money he had assigned to a comic book purchase, nothing essential to living. To Filter, that money could mean mortgage payments and food on the table.

Sounds like it was essential money to TFL since he has taken this irrational stance.

Family issues can be code words for the fact that he is playing with money that should be going to rent or mortgage payments or food on the table like a guy who tries to make a score by taking the rent money to the racetrack and making a big score.

Sounds to me like he had no business even bidding in the first place.

Code word's??... Back away from the comic book's.... :screwy: I can actually train a race horse and have done so very successfully... Mortage payments are NP,

I will speak my mind. Nobody on a chat board is going to tell me what to do... Get a life... Try Scoop or other mouth wash. You may or may not get that krappy smell out of your mouth... 50/50 shot at best.... More complete and a utter waste of bandwidth....

Question:

I got an email from paypal indicating that Cap Freak had made an electronic shipping ticket for the books he owes me. That was on May 24th. However, the USPS tracking number shows he never actually submitted the package to ship. Has anyone in fact gotten books owed them by Cap Freak in the last week or so? I could go the paypal refund route, but by now ya'll may have broke the bank getting refunds. $28 ain't gonna break me. If he sends the run of DC Secret Origins asap I'd just as soon do that. Just trying to gauge what the likelihood of completing the deal is now that he's been "outed"

TFL should have been added to the list just for his butchering of the English language. :P

FOR THE RECORD, every time you say "could of," "would of," "should of," you grind the :censored: out of my gears. It is "could HAVE," "would HAVE," and "should HAVE." You can also shorten it to the contracted version (e.g. "could've").

And I won't even start on the other incorrect verbage and grammar.

STOP. BUTCHERING. MY. LANGUAGE. :mad:

Regarding the Avengers 1, if it had been me there's not a chance in hell I would've sent that book. I would have considered the money a down payment on the promised down payment and held the money until the wad said one way or another whether he was going to buy the HT. If he said he was going to buy it, I'd keep the $1000 as part of the down payment. If he said he wasn't going to buy, I'd send the $1000 back and consider the whole deal off. The Avengers 1 would never have reached him unless it was snuggly packed with the paid for HT.

Am I missing something in this opinion? Since when are people allowed to pick and choose which book from your thread they are going to actually pay for?

I got notification from Hello that all board members that have ordered from him will get their comics shipped by next week. I received all my comics with a few days after making payment from Hello and I assume that every one else got their merchandise as well.

I got notification from Hello that all board members that have ordered from him will get their comics shipped by next week. I received all my comics with a few days after making payment from Hello and I assume that every one else got their merchandise as well.

I'm still waiting for my Maxx books, but so far I'm not worried about not receiving them. Thanks for the update.

From Dictionary.com

char⋅ac⋅ter  /ˈkærɪktər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kar-ik-ter] Show IPA

–noun 1. the aggregate of features and traits that form the individual nature of some person or thing.

2. one such feature or trait; characteristic.

3. moral or ethical quality: a man of fine, honorable character.

4. qualities of honesty, courage, or the like; integrity: It takes character to face up to a bully.

5. reputation: a stain on one's character.

In the end....all you have is your reputation and the knowledge that you were honorable in your dealings with other people. On the death bed all that will matter is how you carried yourself through life.

Ive seen a supreme lack of the above word evident on these boards recently....and far too often.

TFL should have been added to the list just for his butchering of the English language. :P

^^ I was just thinking the same thing!

Perhaps the unpaid $25K would be better spent on enrolling in a few English classes hm

TFL, think it over 2c

anyone have any updates on cap_freak? anybody receive their books or $$ back since the meltdown? i'm coming up on the 30 day mark for paypal and i need to make a decision about filing a dispute to get my money back...

j

anyone have any updates on cap_freak? anybody receive their books or $$ back since the meltdown? i'm coming up on the 30 day mark for paypal and i need to make a decision about filing a dispute to get my money back...

j

Dont hesitate....file it

Aw man, posts were deleted while I slept. Everyone missed TFL's idiotically huge example of stupidity in reference to double standards. :(

Dangit.

I read 'em, and still here. Damn I'm tired, 32 hours awake...4 more to go.

j

File the dispute immediately - it's obvious he's not going to give out refunds voluntarily.

j

File the dispute immediately - it's obvious he's not going to give out refunds voluntarily.

i just did. it's only $100, but still it's $100 i could trade with someone else on here for other books.

j