• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Code word's??... Back away from the comic book's.... :screwy: I can actually train a race horse and have done so very successfully... Mortage payments are NP,

I will speak my mind. Nobody on a chat board is going to tell me what to do... Get a life... Try Scoop or other mouth wash. You may or may not get that krappy smell out of your mouth... 50/50 shot at best.... More complete and a utter waste of bandwidth....

Not only are you an utter person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed, but you clearly have no respect for others. Boy, I don't know filter81 from Adam - no pun intended - but even if he had sent you a bag of dog poo instead of the Avengers 4 I would side with him in this instance.

You were given every freaking chance on this thread to act like a man and apologise for stringing him along with promises for five months - five months! - and instead we get mangled messages describing your oh-so pitiful reasons why you're not to be held up to the same standards you expect from others!

:doh:

I'd guess you're an only child, as this sort of selfish ego-centrism is a pretty common characteristic of only children - being one myself, I can speak a bit from experience - but maybe you're acting like a total dillhole on account of stress.

Either way, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're pretty much done here. You should still be able to sell books to n00bs, but good luck buying or selling anything and don't even mention posting anywhere else on these boards

1. With regards to those who bought from Connor, it's safe to say you need to file a PayPal claim ASAP; the boy is simply not making the right decisions so he needs others to make them for him. Letting it slide does him no good whatsoever and passively condones his actions.

2. TFL, I think it's pretty safe to say you've burned sufficient bridges here that it's probably best to find a new comic message board to frequent. People still want to retain some semblance of community and your actions with Sergio and continual avoidance of this particular issue seem to point most strongly to an utter disregard for such. It shouldn't be Sergio's responsibility to ask you to return that money--you should be the one to make right on your behaving with a double-standard.

1. With regards to those who bought from Connor, it's safe to say you need to file a PayPal claim ASAP; the boy is simply not making the right decisions so he needs others to make them for him. Letting it slide does him no good whatsoever and passively condones his actions.

2. TFL, I think it's pretty safe to say you've burned sufficient bridges here that it's probably best to find a new comic message board to frequent. People still want to retain some semblance of community and your actions with Sergio and continual avoidance of this particular issue seem to point most strongly to an utter disregard for such. It shouldn't be Sergio's responsibility to ask you to return that money--you should be the one to make right on your behaving with a double-standard.

Well said. I would say it is safe to assume that anyone who has dealings with TFL from this point on would find themselves in the same bucket the rest on the list are.

(thumbs u

Go with the PayPal dispute route immediately. He never responded to any PMs, clearly showed his true nature through this thread, and I would never count on any books from him.

Hopefully, someone runs into his father and shares the reputation that has been established now due to very poor decisions on his son's part.

anyone have any updates on cap_freak?

Yeah, he's a pencil-necked, deadbeat kiddie-loser who refuses to honor his financial commitments.

Always unsurpassed. :roflmao:

TFL should have been added to the list just for his butchering of the English language. :P

FOR THE RECORD, every time you say "could of," "would of," "should of," you grind the :censored: out of my gears. It is "could HAVE," "would HAVE," and "should HAVE." You can also shorten it to the contracted version (e.g. "could've").

And I won't even start on the other incorrect verbage and grammar.

STOP. BUTCHERING. MY. LANGUAGE. :mad:

THANK YOU!!! (worship) I didn't want to jump in and correct him as I can let most language butchering slide on message boards, but not when the guy is a repeat offender who's already trying to carry himself as superior to his fellow boardies. And I still can't be 100% sure, but was he going for cleaver when he wrote "clever"? Hilarious. :roflmao:

Also, people seem to go back and forth on what the $1,100 book in this case is. If I'm not mistaken, it's Avengers 4, not Avengers 1.

It is for the best, his masking was getting a little over the top. Someone I know may have reported him.

I think the time off will do him some good to calm down and reflect on the situation.

and, I find if ethically laughable that you, TFL, would extort $20 from another member, and then not see you did the same thing to adam on a MUCH larger scale...

With NO horse in the race...I'll still toss my measely 2c in. I think this is perhaps the most morally problematic part of this discussion. As Filter81 said, sometimes deals go south and he even agreed he might have been able to walk away from it (which if you meant that, good for you!). But to go after someone for a smaller amount, I am reminded of a certain parable that I read somewhere about a servant who owed his master X amount of money, and was called upon to repay the debt, but when unable to do so, he was forgiven. That servant then went to another servant who owed him much less than he owed his master, and beat his coworker when that man couldn't repay his "friend." The master found out about this hypocrisy and had the first servant put to death.

Moral of the story is that we need to extend the same courtesy to those who wrong us as we have received from those who we have wronged. TFL, I AM glad to hear your family is doing better--family always WILL trump things of the world. However, who we are as people also matters.

Perhaps I am naive, but hopefully this can be resolved as amicably as possible :wishluck:

The parable of the foolish servant is the first thing I thought of when I saw this going down. With thirty pages of reading ahead of me, I wondered if anyone would reference it. Well done, Forrest. (but he was thrown in debtor's prison, not killed).

Suffice to say, this is the exact same prediciment and TFL should be ashamed at his lack of mercy for Serge, in light of his dealings with Adam.

I don't know the whole story here, yet. But I find it sad that there have been a few on these borads that were solid members and could be counted on, then something "snaps" and they go "weird" on us. Is it just a human condition?

Never cared for Cap Freak, but had good dealings and respect for TFL, and that young kid Gilbert Torres previously.

I promise that I will never do anything like that. Money is just not that important to me. Now pride or perceived injustice may cause me to become "weird", but never money. But I would still complete any dealings I have given my word to complete. Even if I wanted to choke the carp out of you, or wished you dead. A mans word is a mans word, or he is not a man.

and after reading all thirty pages, I'd just like to say again to MacMan, well done for continuing to hold TFL's feet to the fire in regards to ComicSeekers. Well done, Forrest.

We need more compasses on the boards.

Aw man, posts were deleted while I slept. Everyone missed TFL's idiotically huge example of stupidity in reference to double standards. :(

Dangit.

Shucks. I was caught up until page 250 or so. Oh, well.

Disappointing behavior from two board regulars. Nobody likes to be wrong publicly, but there comes a time when you have to just admit you were wrong. Neither seem able to do that.

:(

It is for the best, his masking was getting a little over the top. Someone I know may have reported him.

I think the time off will do him some good to calm down and reflect on the situation.

:whistle:

I don't know the whole story here, yet. But I find it sad that there have been a few on these borads that were solid members and could be counted on, then something "snaps" and they go "weird" on us. Is it just a human condition?

Unfortunately, yes - it's part of "growing up".

:sumo: 6/4/09 PROBATION UPDATE (TFL "status" downgraded) :sumo:

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

aaron568

(added 11/6/08)

bronzejunkie

(added 3/26/07)

CAP freak

(added 5/21/09 - 4th "Hall of Shame" Member)

clobberintime

(added 11/7/07)

comicmankev

(added 3/27/07)

ComicSupply

(added 10/28/08 - 3rd "Hall of Shame" Member)

DarkKnight2K4

(added 4/24/08)

donavan74

(added 3/27/07)

Ghastly

(added by majority vote 12/3/07)

gilbertotorres

(added 11/5/08 - 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member)

Henchman

(added 4/25/08)

Herald2Galactus

(Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Jmarch51

(added 2/14/08)

Lighthouse

(added 6/13/07)

Marc Wolfe

(added 9/15/08)

Markweb

(added 3/24/09)

matewan1990

(added 3/3/08)

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

Nascar

(added 6/2/07)

NEXTLVL

(added 10/12/08)

Roxx Gang

(added 3/31/09)

rza808

(added 12/29/08)

Sid

(added 8/8/07)

SIXX_VAN_ROSE

(added 11/7/08)

SpiderJay300

(added 9/15/07)

Superman20

(added 12/18/07)

THATONEGUY

(added 1/11/08)

TFL

(added 6/2/09 - 5th "Hall of Shame" Member)

Wolfhulk

(added 3/24/09)(You can't hide by changin' your user name!)

Needs a list of his own:

AlleyBat

(added 5/23/08)

$4000.00 scam!!! :sumo:

:applause: I figured that was coming. He basically set himself on fire last night. :flamed: