• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I like egging on the soap opera. Adam. I would indeed apologize if I had said something that was not true. Or said in the heat of the moment. So on the issue of the Flying/hotel room. I accept your apology. The PM's between us have been heated, but professional and for the most part courteous. I don't think I have said this to you before Adam. So I might as well do it here. Thank You very much for sending the Avengers 4 to me. It arrived well packed and harm free.There was a slight crack in the case. Adam said the slab was fine when he packed it up. I have no reason to doubt him. It's no big deal as it is far away from the actual book. No need to re slab it.

As far as who would or wouldn't do business with me.. This isn't the only place that comic book/OA etc can be bought and sold. I have never called anyone a name or some slight first. Though I have responded in kind at times.

If Adam want's to start a conversation with me via PM's that is fine with me. Like I said above. The PM's while heated, have been "restrained" for the lack of a better word.

If I want to talk to Adam. I can PM him as well. It may very well happen. Just not at this exact moment and time.... I'll stop feeding the soap opera now. Adam stopped awhile ago. I should of followed his lead perhaps.....

I have never been a smoker and have had a very limited amount of Alcohol. You can have at it Paratrooper... If you don't drink or smoke. Good for you.

Indeed good for me, I also follow through on promises I make. I also admit when I'm wrong and not shift the blame on someone else. I also care somewhat how other honorable boardies see me. I may have some vices, but they only effect me.

Just opened a claim on CapFreak

MY books only cost $4.97, but I doubt I will be getting them after all the stuff going on here.

Paid on 5/3/09, still havent recieved books.

I sent him a pm trying to see what was going on (even after the floodgates opened) and it hasnt been read in over a week.

I'm new to this discussion on CapFreak. I haven't had any transactions with him, but I did meet him at a Forum Lunch back in March in the SFValley (Los Angeles Suburb). Seemed like a nice kid and really into Golden Age Books; he enjoyed looking at a few GA Books that I brought. He atteneded this lunch with his dad, also a collector/dealer. I'm curious to know if his father is aware of what has transpired.

Thanks, Steve

I'm new to this discussion on CapFreak. I haven't had any transactions with him, but I did meet him at a Forum Lunch back in March in the SFValley (Los Angeles Suburb). Seemed like a nice kid and really into Golden Age Books; he enjoyed looking at a few GA Books that I brought. He atteneded this lunch with his dad, also a collector/dealer. I'm curious to know if his father is aware of what has transpired.

Thanks, Steve

It would be nice if his dad did know what happened and what it resulted in as they can have the father-son discussion I would hope could help Connor get back on the right track.

The shame is after 4 different events where he either had selling or buying problems, it's hard to tell if he ever was on the "right track" or just doing a good job of hiding his real approach to life.

Done. All of us, including Judge Judy, dis agree with you. ^^

Exactly....this is the most Epic, one-sided, completely clear to everyone except the new probie event that it needs an image to coincide...

failtacular.jpg

Exactly....this is the most Epic, one-sided, completely clear to everyone except the new probie event

Actually no, they all are. Otherwise, they wouldn't be on the list. It's like my Dad's oncologist said, "We don't tell you, 'we think you have cancer'." :(

Exactly....this is the most Epic, one-sided, completely clear to everyone except the new probie event

Actually no, they all are. Otherwise, they wouldn't be on the list. It's like my Dad's oncologist said, "We don't tell you, 'we think you have cancer'." :(

By Epic I am referring to the $25,000 price tag. I think that makes it the single biggest book to be the subject of a probation thread.

And by most one - sided I was referring to the poll that was 100% (without one mistaken vote) against the new probie.

I don't think that everyone on the list fits this criteria, most aren't even close.

The amount of money Adam is out right now (in interest, fees, and lost sales) is pretty close to the Alley Bat scam.

That's pretty fricken Epic.

C

I'm curious as well ... as pr the Dec 2008 PM that Adam posted, it seems like you yourself said:

"I would send you a Down Payment on this book in the next 2 weeks...."

and then in Jan 2009:

"I will be sending out the total price for the Avengers #4. Plus a 15% down payment

on the Human Torch #1 to you withing the next two{two}weeks."

Did you send this down payment?

That would be about $3750 downpayment. Did that change hands? Why did you (TFL) make comicseekers reimburse you for the $20 or so that you lost out on for him backing out due to his personal problems? I just don't get the double standards...

folks, it is really plain and simple...this TFL made multiple statements that he would send payments/down payments for the HT and BROKE every one of them (from Dec all the way to May)...

after 5 months, TFL did pay the Avengers 1, and I can see adam's point, at this point in time, he knew he was getting stiffed on the HT 1... human nature would be to want to hold the avengers as leverage...but, he quickly (unlike TFL's definition of quick=5months, adam's quickly (within 2 days) decided he would honor the payment on the avg 1 and shipped it overnight...before he did though, he told me that this TFL was going to stiff him/use this as an excuse to not honor his deal...and sure enough, he did

TFL is trying to use a poor excuse, and should be put on the probation list, plain and simple... spin it anyway you want, you took advantage of the situation and then used adam's genuine concern over your lack of payments on the HT, to get out of paying for a book you had adam hold for you for 5+ months, and that adam lost another potential sale on...

and, I find if ethically laughable that you, TFL, would extort $20 from another member, and then not see you did the same thing to adam on a MUCH larger scale...

To me, this would seem to sum up the situation correctly... (thumbs u

Maybe by the time i get to the end of this, all will somehow have been smoothed over, but I doubt it.

And the concept of "Time payments over 16 months" meaning one has all 16 months to wait and pay is patently ridiculous IMHO.... :roflmao:

Like I give a rats azz...

That's quite apparent at this point.

-slym

I for one not knowing but a few people on a personal level,your reputation means everything here.How you are on the boards(discussions,buying,selling etc.)You need to follow through with your promises/intentions,if not people will view you as "not reliable"or someone you can't trust.TFL if you could'nt afford (for whatever reason) the comic you should have been up front and honest,not string someone along for 5 months.This is just my 2c but your reputation is everything here. ;)

Edited by oakman29