• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Seriously?? Not only did I agree to give you time payments, but I also gave you a price discount of almost $75 from the agreed price. I think you can be a little patient considering... or you can just send the original agreed amount...

Do you dispute his timetable... that the book was paid for over a month ago? (shrug)

Anyhow, hopefully you guys are back on track now.

Seriously?? Not only did I agree to give you time payments, but I also gave you a price discount of almost $75 from the agreed price. I think you can be a little patient considering... or you can just send the original agreed amount...

I know you dropped the price of the book and I appreciate that as I told you in PM. But if I remember rightly I paid the book off when I said I would (shrug)

I honestly didn't ask for a discount, just asked you how much I owed on the book and sent the payment over when you told me how much. I just thought 30 days to have not shipped the book was a long time and followed board guidelines is all.

I know you dropped the price of the book and I appreciate that as I told you in PM. But if I remember rightly I paid the book off when I said I would (shrug)

I honestly didn't ask for a discount, just asked you how much I owed on the book and sent the payment over when you told me how much. I just thought 30 days to have not shipped the book was a long time and followed board guidelines is all.

He gave you a $75 discount? How long did he wait for payment?

$30 non-refundable downpayment on 19th April, balance paid on 8th May. It was pre agreed for the time payment.

Like I said I appreciated the drop in price, the book had dropped in price since I said I'd take and I was extremely grateful. But I never asked for a discount.

The only reason I put it up in here was because after 30 days it still hadn't been shipped. I've had books not delivered in the past and I couldn't afford to lose out on $105.

The book has now been shipped so I called the Probation off. What else can I do?

$30 non-refundable downpayment on 19th April, balance paid on 8th May. It was pre agreed for the time payment.

Like I said I appreciated the drop in price, the book had dropped in price since I said I'd take and I was extremely grateful. But I never asked for a discount.

The only reason I put it up in here was because after 30 days it still hadn't been shipped. I've had books not delivered in the past and I couldn't afford to lose out on $105.

The book has now been shipped so I called the Probation off. What else can I do?

You did everything exactly right, from what I can see. We can all make our own decisions whether we want to risk a purchase from Chainball, which is how this thread should work.

You did everything exactly right, from what I can see. We can all make our own decisions whether we want to risk a purchase from Chainball, which is how this thread should work.

And what did a discount have to do with Boozad keeping up on his time-payments, but then having to wait over 30 days for shipping?

The issue is taking 30 DAYS to ship a book. One has nothing to do with the other. Nice that you gave him a discount - but turnaround time shouldn't be an ENTIRE MONTH to get around to sending a book out.

In even writing that last sentence, I am floored anyone would think that is acceptable under normal circumstances.

Edited by Bosco685

No, it shouldn't take a month that's on me. I put the book on a shelf and forgot about it. All I was saying was considering the break I have him, and the time payments and free shipping across the pond, I would have appreciated some consideration and not be thrown in a probation thread. But I take full responsibility. My bad, sorry.

Yep - even from Australia. I think 20 days is the longest anything I've shipped has taken, and that was to Greece. The US is more like 10-12.

It was only 15 days actually. (thumbs u

Which definitely proves that international shipping times are not what they used to be. :sumo:

No, it shouldn't take a month that's on me. I put the book on a shelf and forgot about it. All I was saying was considering the break I have him, and the time payments and free shipping across the pond, I would have appreciated some consideration and not be thrown in a probation thread. But I take full responsibility. My bad, sorry.

Dude, I appreciate the discount. I only threw it up in here as I've been jumped on before for waiting over a month for books that never arrived and not posted about them. Then other people have got burned by the same seller/s.

As soon as I got the Paypal shipping info through I posted in here that it was on it's way. I was only trying to use the system for what it stands for, it was no personal attack on you at all.

Once again, thanks for a great deal - I appreciate it. I just get edgy when a book hasn't shipped for a month is all.

Agree with you both, 30 days is too long -- but if buyers and sellers were publicly "outed" after a week or two, there would be a lot more arguments, and this thread will get a whole lot longer!

If a seller took that long to ship something to me, or a buyer took that long to pay me (absent any reasonable communication), believe me, I'd be chomping at the bit to report them -- and this is not entirely a hypothetical. But at the same time, I can respect that the 30-day mark is an effort to find the balance of preserving a sense of community here.

I absolutely agree Jon...30 days is a pretty horrendous effort to pay for a book or ship a book. But what I think the 30 days establishes is the "horrendous" threshold if you will, thus qualifying someone to be placed on probation...even more so if the person is non-communicative and/or brings a pain-in-the-azz attitude about it to the person on the other end of the transaction... 2c

This about sums up the purpose. :sumo: As everyone knows, most books bought and sold here on the Boards are shipped and received within a week. :)

and even with internatonal shipping 30 days is plenty of time (thumbs u

I recieved the book you shipped me in 24 hours! :acclaim:

Agree with you both, 30 days is too long -- but if buyers and sellers were publicly "outed" after a week or two, there would be a lot more arguments, and this thread will get a whole lot longer!

If a seller took that long to ship something to me, or a buyer took that long to pay me (absent any reasonable communication), believe me, I'd be chomping at the bit to report them -- and this is not entirely a hypothetical. But at the same time, I can respect that the 30-day mark is an effort to find the balance of preserving a sense of community here.

I absolutely agree Jon...30 days is a pretty horrendous effort to pay for a book or ship a book. But what I think the 30 days establishes is the "horrendous" threshold if you will, thus qualifying someone to be placed on probation...even more so if the person is non-communicative and/or brings a pain-in-the-azz attitude about it to the person on the other end of the transaction... 2c

This about sums up the purpose. :sumo: As everyone knows, most books bought and sold here on the Boards are shipped and received within a week. :)

and even with internatonal shipping 30 days is plenty of time (thumbs u

Greggy's packages to me always seemed to take more than 30 days. Maybe I need to add him to the probation list. hm

Stop cheaping out and pay for air mail.

Sorry, there`s no requirement that the 30 day limit is conditional on the shipping being by air mail. It is an absolute requirement whether shipping by Federal Express or Pony Express. The boards have spoken! :sumo:

Just got word from PayPal that my claim against CAP freak had been resolved, and that they're siding with me (no surprise there seeing that he didn't respond to the PP dispute).

They were, of course, unable to recover any funds from his account, so fat lot of good this does me.

Best part is the end of the email where PP writes:

"We hope you understand our policy and that it assures you that you are safe using PayPal. "

Yeah, I feel very safe.

Just got word from PayPal that my claim against CAP freak had been resolved, and that they're siding with me (no surprise there seeing that he didn't respond to the PP dispute).

They were, of course, unable to recover any funds from his account, so fat lot of good this does me.

Best part is the end of the email where PP writes:

"We hope you understand our policy and that it assures you that you are safe using PayPal. "

Yeah, I feel very safe.

great, looks like i'm out $100.. son of a :censored:

j