• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Just got word from PayPal that my claim against CAP freak had been resolved, and that they're siding with me (no surprise there seeing that he didn't respond to the PP dispute).

They were, of course, unable to recover any funds from his account, so fat lot of good this does me.

Best part is the end of the email where PP writes:

"We hope you understand our policy and that it assures you that you are safe using PayPal. "

Yeah, I feel very safe.

:gossip: Always use a credit card. :sumo:

Just got word from PayPal that my claim against CAP freak had been resolved, and that they're siding with me (no surprise there seeing that he didn't respond to the PP dispute).

They were, of course, unable to recover any funds from his account, so fat lot of good this does me.

"We hope you understand our policy and that it assures you that you are safe using PayPal. "

Yeah, I feel very safe.

great, looks like i'm out $100.. son of a :censored:

j

Sorry to hear this guys. Let's hope he shows up at SDCC.

Yeah, I feel very safe.

j

With his dad!

Yeah, I feel very safe.

j

With his dad!

Absolutely. Seems to me that his dad really encouraged his comic hobby. Sounds like a great father.

Yeah, I feel very safe.

This must mean that not only is his paypal account empty, but that it is not tied to an active bank account, correct?

This has evolved into theft. He should be banned permanently from the boards.

Yeah, I feel very safe.

i did use one...

j

Yeah, I feel very safe.

i did use one...

j

You might be able to call your credit card company and do a chargeback of some sort (shrug):wishluck:

Yeah, I feel very safe.

i did use one...

j

Then request a chargeback in writing to your CC bank, stating that goods paid for were never received. :makepoint:

Screw PayPal.

Yeah, I feel very safe.

i did use one...

j

Yes, call the CC company and tell them you were charged for items not received and also have the paypal information handy to let them know they sided for you as well. Sorry to hear about everyone's problems on the boards recently.

Brian

Yeah, I feel very safe.

I had a paypal balance at that point - so I couldn't use a credit card even if I had wanted to.

Yeah, I feel very safe.

This must mean that not only is his paypal account empty, but that it is not tied to an active bank account, correct?

This has evolved into theft. He should be banned permanently from the boards.

Magari . . . :grin:

Yeah, I feel very safe.

I had a paypal balance at that point - so I couldn't use a credit card even if I had wanted to.

Silly boy, when you have any doubts, you empty your account first, then charge to a CC. The only time I don't use a CC is when it is someone I've purchased from before or inherently trust. The freakster doesn't qualify on either count. :sumo:

Yeah, I feel very safe.

Silly boy, when you have any doubts, you empty your account first, then charge to a CC. The only time I don't use a CC is when it is someone I've purchased from before or inherently trust. The freakster doesn't qualify on either count. :sumo:

Never thought about doing that doh!

:mad: That sucks guys......

Did anyone call his parents? ???

His father should be involved in this since he was using his account and he is liable. His father may be able to financially rectify the situation and put his son back on the right course.

I still have hope that the end result is everyone gets their money back and Cap comes to his senses and continues in the hobby when he grows up.

All his actions may be due to spending beyond his means with no way to replace the funds short term coupled with a teenage recklessness approach to the problem.

Call me an optimist :wishluck: