• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Looks like Chris and I were going down the same path.

I must have been drinking and didn't know it. doh!

lol

There's "not paying for a book" and the grand facade of lies and fabrications our friend TAZ went through. It was layer upon layer of wildly_fanciful_statement until we were all staring at the Outback Steakhouse Blooming Onion version of total and utter wildly_fanciful_statement.

The guy's lied to us all repeatedly, insulted this entire board repeatedly, shown no remorse to intention to make things right, and continues to attempt to deceive.

At what point did this guy do anything that warranted an ounce of empathy?

Definitely with you there.

Jeff is just a nice guy, and wants everyone treated the same. Unfortunately, Taz lost that privilege a long while back.

Jeff is just a nice guy, and wants everyone treated the same. Unfortunately, Taz lost that privilege a long while back.

Jeff is right, everyone should be treated the same. Everyone IS treated the same when they walk in the door here. It's THEIR actions and their words and deeds that determine whether they eventually become a respected member of this forum or wind up in the HOS.

This isn't something the forum is doing to TAZ, this is something TAZ did to himself.

We should not lose sight of that.

This isn't something the forum is doing to TAZ, this is something TAZ did to himself.

We should not lose sight of that.

Man, you are good!

But what is that you're wearing?

gwynne-in-court2.jpg

Not in this courtroom you won't!

my_cousin_vinny.jpg

I believe so.

Based on his lack of desire to fix things, and flippant attitude, I don't think he cares if he's on the list. He's certainly put 1000% more effort into circumventing the list than into fixing the problems that got him on the list in the first place.

It's a list to protect the rest of us. Given his attitude and lack of caring about getting off the list or being sincere in the slightest I wonder what the debate to keep him OFF the list would be.

Because you want to permanently ban someone for having attitude. If that was a legitimate reason for placing someone in the HOS the list would include some of the people voting yes. This community has no shortage of attitude.

His original offence was not paying for something right? I have the legal right to change my mind on most purchases in Canada. That being said we as a community need to protect our sellers from bad buyers. Now he is on the verge of going into the HOS and being permanently banned for not paying for something. Seriously?

I'm sure he placed that RASL #1 for sale just to see who was watching. I doubt he expected not to get caught.

If you believe placing him on the HoS is inappropriate, what would you suggest as a more acceptable solution?

I'm just too easy to figure out :foryou: Devil's advocate is a thankless job.

I went through the thread you posted. I was not aware there was a multitude of :takeit: posted. I was under the impression it was a single transaction. It does seem the spark that started probation fire was a PM to Michael with a standard sob story that ended in lol Would the verdict have been different if the lol was not part of the PM? I'm sure there are quite a few of us that have received sob stories as boardies have backed out of transactions.

The disrespect and lashing out I see everyday on these baords so I just don't understand how it can be an offence even if done repeatedly. I'm sure there is a thread that would fall into this category going on right now. When the pitchforks are sharpened even the most well spoken boardies have trouble articulating.

My comments were not made to belittle Taz not following through on his :takeit: or the trouble it causes. As someone commented the other day there are now 10 members of the HOS and it appears to me the entrance fee is being discounted. Although we can't ban someone it seems if we had the power to then we would use the HOS to do just that.

I very likely care more then Taz but I hope that as a community we are able to maintain the integrity of the HOS and I'm concerned we may not be.

rantrant

I would like to know how you knew I'd be commenting Bosco ;)

I believe so.

Based on his lack of desire to fix things, and flippant attitude, I don't think he cares if he's on the list. He's certainly put 1000% more effort into circumventing the list than into fixing the problems that got him on the list in the first place.

It's a list to protect the rest of us. Given his attitude and lack of caring about getting off the list or being sincere in the slightest I wonder what the debate to keep him OFF the list would be.

Because you want to permanently ban someone for having attitude. If that was a legitimate reason for placing someone in the HOS the list would include some of the people voting yes. This community has no shortage of attitude.

His original offence was not paying for something right? I have the legal right to change my mind on most purchases in Canada. That being said we as a community need to protect our sellers from bad buyers. Now he is on the verge of going into the HOS and being permanently banned for not paying for something. Seriously?

I'm sure he placed that RASL #1 for sale just to see who was watching. I doubt he expected not to get caught.

If you believe placing him on the HoS is inappropriate, what would you suggest as a more acceptable solution?

I see him staying on the probation list as sufficient. He has to make ammends to be removed.

I chose not to buy (and if I ever sell) and not to sell to persons on the probation/HOS list... if he comes on these boards attempting to do either from me under another name... it makes him a liar and a cheat... I don't want to do business with him... have stated so and he take the choice out of my hands by coming here as someone else... and does it willfully... F-him HOS

How about this -

- If the majority are okay with giving him one more chance to be part of the community, I'll PM all three usernames (Taz007, Thesavros, Rudolph).

- We give him 48 hours to resolve the original transaction that got him where he is today.

- Additionally, he must take care of any outstanding new transaction (I am aware of at least one under his Rudolph handle where he has purchased a book, but still not paid).

- If within 48 hours he has not resolved the transactions, then the poll results speak for themselves with Yes vs No votes, and he ends up where he earned a spot.

That is better than most anyone has gotten on here, and especially with a pending HoS vote that strongly favors his inclusion.

Thoughts?

Oh - and he needs to kill off the two extra handles. That is just wrong, and I would hope one of the mods caught this discussion and took care of the two new handles already.

How about this -

- If the majority are okay with giving him one more chance to be part of the community, I'll PM all three usernames (Taz007, Thesavros, Rudolph).

- We give him 48 hours to resolve the original transaction that got him where he is today.

- Additionally, he must take care of any outstanding new transaction (I am aware of at least one under his Rudolph handle where he has purchased a book, but still not paid).

- If within 48 hours he has not resolved the transactions, then the poll results speak for themselves with Yes vs No votes, and he ends up where he earned a spot.

That is better than most anyone has gotten on here, and especially with a pending HoS vote that strongly favors his inclusion.

Thoughts?

Oh - and he needs to kill off the two extra handles. That is just wrong, and I would hope one of the mods caught this discussion and took care of the two new handles already.

My thoughts are this: He was into several threads of mine and Mschmidt's (among others) and never paid. This was so long ago, I doubt either Michael or I could run a tally of what he owes us. He has never contacted us to resolve the matters. Period. Let him rot in the nether regions of the probation list . . . :grin:

My thoughts are this: He was into several threads of mine and Mschmidt's (among others) and never paid. This was so long ago, I doubt either Michael or I could run a tally of what he owes us. He has never contacted us to resolve the matters. Period. Let him rot in the nether regions of the probation list . . . :grin:

Understood.

:foryou:

Taz, don't know you at all... but here is an excellent chance for you come forward, fess up and become part of the community.

Your recent sales thread has given you the funds to take care of what you owe to divad and Mschmidt... just pay them and let them keep the merch. They probably won't deal with you still, but at least you attempted to make it right. Call it a cost of doing business. You will make it back soon here if you treat everyone with honesty and respect... and have merch to sell.

You should realize that the scenario that Boscoe is setting up for you is "historical" in relation to these boards. Kinda like giving you the key to the "city". You just have to make the effort.

Hope you don't blow it.

How about this -

Thoughts?

:hail:

I think Bosco and Bio-Rupp are being much too merciful here. I'm not sure where the nether regions precisely are divad (:eek: :lol:), but it seems like Taz counts it as a point of pride to be on the List...so let him rot there in his pride. :shrug:

You are probably correct in that assumption, cloudofwit.

After I spent the majority of this last weekend standing up for the rules of the community concerning a certain wood connoisseur and his fast food bashing lackies, I must be slacking.

For some reason, Taz reminds me of a board Bat-Mite. Maybe thats why I'm hoping he does the right thing here.

Taz, don't know you at all... but here is an excellent chance for you come forward, fess up and become part of the community.

Your recent sales thread has given you the funds to take care of what you owe to divad and Mschmidt... just pay them and let them keep the merch. They probably won't deal with you still, but at least you attempted to make it right. Call it a cost of doing business. You will make it back soon here if you treat everyone with honesty and respect... and have merch to sell.

You should realize that the scenario that Boscoe is setting up for you is "historical" in relation to these boards. Kinda like giving you the key to the "city". You just have to make the effort.

Hope you don't blow it.

For what it is worth :juggle: I was the one that wound up making the purchase of his Hulk run before he was outed. He shipped the books, along with a multitude of freebies. However, upon going through the books I found a couple of issues to be missing (Avatar Goon #1 primarily). I contacted him, and he indicated that this was an oversight and the book would ship immediately...hope it is awaiting when I get home. Anyway, just felt that I should let everyone know where this transaction stands since it is not yet concluded :shrug:

How about this -

Thoughts?

I agree with David. Taz never showed an ounce of remorse, nor gave anyone involved the impression that he cared one whit about being put on the probation list. From his latest comments, it's obvious that this is just a game to him, and as such I see no reason to support anything that would allow him to come off the list.

What really pisses me off is that his latest shill - rudolph - purchased several books from my latest FS thread (and several more over PM), and I never had a clue I was dealing with someone who'd screwed me over previously - the sheer arrogance of this is just astounding.