• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

:popcorn: This is better than dancing with the stars.

Drama usually is better than "has beens" dancing :)

Ditto, I only watched the first series in 2005, when I saw my favorite lady there, who did win.

Ethics are important, win or lose, broke or rich, stand up and do the right thing, always. Regards,

Ok, I am more or less screwed here anyway, so lets do this.

You dont like me because you think I stiffed you on a book you claimed to hold for me for over a year. I did not ask you to hold the book that long, as a matter of fact, I was not even on the boards for 90% of that time. I had "basic needs" to attend too. You blamed me for losing money because of the economy, even though not once did I say "yes, I want to buy your Batman 14". I told you numerous times that if I got the money from some sales that I would buy it, key word here was "IF". I did not ask you to hold the book that long, and I have apologized for that incident NUMEROUS times, but you dont want to accept it because you STILL think I tried flaming you in a thread. I have steered clear of your posts and sales threads as I told you I would, but you continue to bring this up every chance you get.

You are 100% right, I did not ship a book out that I sold. I contacted the buyer last night when I had gotten on the boards for the first time in weeks and offered him a full refund or the book, I have yet to get that response. I am not a scammer. I work my asss off to support my family. The people who know me in real life, not just on a comic forum know this.

You want to talk abot the tables being reversed? Fine. As I told Andre, I was in the process of selling a few books to pay for those 2 spideys. It was getting very late in the deal when I had to replace my AC unit in my house and had to use all of my "play" money to fix it. Basic needs right? Well low and behold, 3 months later and I have yet to recieve a DIME for one of the books ($1300 for those following this thread). Should I out this guy? Surely. By the standards being set here, why not. I dont care if he got married, had to replace his transmission, kids got sick, or anything else right? He agreed to buy a book and he should be on the list. Am I going to do this? ABSOLUTELY Not. The guy had problems. Do I wish he had fulfilled his end? Certainly, but crying about it is not going to change the fact that he can not get the book. Things happen, and I do not hold grudges over things like this. What about the guy who contacted me to buy a $900.00 book. He straight up asked me if it was still for sale and that he would :takeit: then I never heard from him again.

Andre, for the record, I was on the list one time, not several. The ones who want me there love to talk about it. Sharon likes to say that I "ignored" being on it when in fact I didnt even know. I was off the boards for roughly a year or so and came back on and started a sales thread, thats when I found out about being on the list. I killed the thread and started emailing the people who I had left hanging, but thats irrelevant now. It was supposed to be done and gone, but certain people dont want to let that go.

Sharon, I know you dont believe it, but I have no hard feelings towards you. I appreciate the fact that you asked bosco to hold off on the thread, but in all honesty, I was not on the boards to even see it. The last 3 months have been non stop. I am taking a break from collecting, I dont have the time anymore. As for your comment about how I raise my kids, that was uncalled for, I will say that.

Bill, thanks for taking up for me man, I appreciate it. You know if you ever need help with a show, moving and sorting stock, just the heavy lifting, or whatever, I am there if you need me.

Tim, I have the PMs where you kept saying you would "take it" MORE than one. You didn't say if, you said you were going to sell a car and could I wait, I said OK, I kept asking if I should continue to hold it, or you had changed your mind, and you asked me to hold it.. I'm not brain dead, I know what you said. I also know that you claimed a year later when you HAD A SALES THREAD WHILE ON THE PROBATION THREAD, that Your brother and Cousin used your ID, and it was not you making these purchases and not paying.

So that was your excuse for the Take It's.

Sorry...but those were the facts, you twisted them later by claiming someone else did it, but it was YOUR ID and your password, we have been down this road before. Funny that you remember the book, but not what you promised. I suppose that you didn't promise Flaming_Telepath to pay for books, or the other people who posted either.

Personally, I learned a lesson, I no longer hold books without a non refundable down payment, so I thank you for that lesson learned.

There is a silver lining in every cloud.

:cloud9:

Personally, I learned a lesson, I no longer hold books without a non refundable down payment, so I thank you for that lesson learned.

:(

That's the bummer with these failed transactions. It changes the seller's comfort level with allowing for special arrangements.

Sorry this happened to you, Sharon.

:foryou:

I did say that IF I sold the car and got enough for it I would take the book, but I didn't. I never accused you of being brain dead, I just said that you gave a vendetta against me and chime in whenever possible. I still have those pm's also, no need to go digging them up I am on the list now so be it.

I am not seeking amnesty here, honestly it does not matter to me anymore. The books I sold were shipped, the books I could not pay for are still with their owner along with my deposit. The masses have spoken, I am not wanted here. Life goes on. I had gun here, met a lot of nice people, a few jerks, bought some stuff, sold some stuff, he'll I even donated a few books to raise funds for a boardie.

Anyway, saying my goodbyes to a few friends and I am out of here. I will try to not let the door hit me in the azs on the way out.

Well low and behold, 3 months later and I have yet to recieve a DIME for one of the books ($1300 for those following this thread). Should I out this guy? Surely. By the standards being set here, why not. I dont care if he got married, had to replace his transmission, kids got sick, or anything else right? He agreed to buy a book and he should be on the list. Am I going to do this? ABSOLUTELY Not. The guy had problems. Do I wish he had fulfilled his end? Certainly, but crying about it is not going to change the fact that he can not get the book. Things happen, and I do not hold grudges over things like this. What about the guy who contacted me to buy a $900.00 book. He straight up asked me if it was still for sale and that he would then I never heard from him again.

Sounds like they heard you were a deadbeat, trying to sell stuff here while ignoring your obligations and promises to pay. I don't see a problem here except you.

Oh, and I don't consider AC a basic need, nor something that requires throwing honesty and integrity out the open window, but then I don't dwell in hell...

Ok, I am more or less screwed here anyway, so lets do this.

You dont like me because you think I stiffed you on a book you claimed to hold for me for over a year. I did not ask you to hold the book that long, as a matter of fact, I was not even on the boards for 90% of that time. I had "basic needs" to attend too. You blamed me for losing money because of the economy, even though not once did I say "yes, I want to buy your Batman 14". I told you numerous times that if I got the money from some sales that I would buy it, key word here was "IF". I did not ask you to hold the book that long, and I have apologized for that incident NUMEROUS times, but you dont want to accept it because you STILL think I tried flaming you in a thread. I have steered clear of your posts and sales threads as I told you I would, but you continue to bring this up every chance you get.

You are 100% right, I did not ship a book out that I sold. I contacted the buyer last night when I had gotten on the boards for the first time in weeks and offered him a full refund or the book, I have yet to get that response. I am not a scammer. I work my asss off to support my family. The people who know me in real life, not just on a comic forum know this.

You want to talk abot the tables being reversed? Fine. As I told Andre, I was in the process of selling a few books to pay for those 2 spideys. It was getting very late in the deal when I had to replace my AC unit in my house and had to use all of my "play" money to fix it. Basic needs right? Well low and behold, 3 months later and I have yet to recieve a DIME for one of the books ($1300 for those following this thread). Should I out this guy? Surely. By the standards being set here, why not. I dont care if he got married, had to replace his transmission, kids got sick, or anything else right? He agreed to buy a book and he should be on the list. Am I going to do this? ABSOLUTELY Not. The guy had problems. Do I wish he had fulfilled his end? Certainly, but crying about it is not going to change the fact that he can not get the book. Things happen, and I do not hold grudges over things like this. What about the guy who contacted me to buy a $900.00 book. He straight up asked me if it was still for sale and that he would :takeit: then I never heard from him again.

Andre, for the record, I was on the list one time, not several. The ones who want me there love to talk about it. Sharon likes to say that I "ignored" being on it when in fact I didnt even know. I was off the boards for roughly a year or so and came back on and started a sales thread, thats when I found out about being on the list. I killed the thread and started emailing the people who I had left hanging, but thats irrelevant now. It was supposed to be done and gone, but certain people dont want to let that go.

Sharon, I know you dont believe it, but I have no hard feelings towards you. I appreciate the fact that you asked bosco to hold off on the thread, but in all honesty, I was not on the boards to even see it. The last 3 months have been non stop. I am taking a break from collecting, I dont have the time anymore. As for your comment about how I raise my kids, that was uncalled for, I will say that.

Bill, thanks for taking up for me man, I appreciate it. You know if you ever need help with a show, moving and sorting stock, just the heavy lifting, or whatever, I am there if you need me.

Tim, I have the PMs where you kept saying you would "take it" MORE than one. You didn't say if, you said you were going to sell a car and could I wait, I said OK, I kept asking if I should continue to hold it, or you had changed your mind, and you asked me to hold it.. I'm not brain dead, I know what you said. I also know that you claimed a year later when you HAD A SALES THREAD WHILE ON THE PROBATION THREAD, that Your brother and Cousin used your ID, and it was not you making these purchases and not paying.

So that was your excuse for the Take It's.

Sorry...but those were the facts, you twisted them later by claiming someone else did it, but it was YOUR ID and your password, we have been down this road before. Funny that you remember the book, but not what you promised. I suppose that you didn't promise Flaming_Telepath to pay for books, or the other people who posted either.

There is a silver lining in every cloud.

:cloud9:

I would love to see those PMs and think it is appropriate considering

Joker-Fish brought them up.

I've never dealt with Joker-Fish so have no sharp objects to grind. I have dealt with Sky many times and I consider myself a good friend and trust her absolutly.

Choosing between someone who has been on the probation list for multiple offenses or someone who is a pillar of boardness for many years seems pretty cut and dried.

Most upsetting for me is Joker-Fish's excuses and attempts to minimize the severity of the problems rather than admitting them and addressing them. I understand Sky's point about how you raise your kids. My ma taught me to always be honest and always own my mistakes and fix the problem.

Go ahead, flame me.

I did say that IF I sold the car and got enough for it I would take the book, but I didn't. I never accused you of being brain dead, I just said that you gave a vendetta against me and chime in whenever possible. I still have those pm's also, no need to go digging them up I am on the list now so be it.

I am not seeking amnesty here, honestly it does not matter to me anymore. The books I sold were shipped, the books I could not pay for are still with their owner along with my deposit. The masses have spoken, I am not wanted here. Life goes on. I had gun here, met a lot of nice people, a few jerks, bought some stuff, sold some stuff, he'll I even donated a few books to raise funds for a boardie.

Anyway, saying my goodbyes to a few friends and I am out of here. I will try to not let the door hit me in the azs on the way out.

Tim, I have no vendetta...You and I do not hang out...we are not best buds, I'm not worried about us being best buds... I would not run you over with my car and I'd feed you if you were hungry.

My problem is, the lack of responsibility, never ONCE did you say you were sorry, you messed up. That was all I needed. All I got was a bunch of BS about your cousin, your brother, it was never you. I said back then, and I'll say it again, IF that stuff was true, then it was YOUR responsibility for giving them your password.

You posted a want thread for the book, if you remember... . I think honestly, it was probably a case of I want, I want,I want...and you bit off WAY too much. You keep forgetting, I was NOT the only one you were dealing with, there were SEVERAL people you told you were taking books and you didn't.

And there is no need for a gun, no one wants you to shoot yourself, just want you to grow up.

Best of luck!

PS, this has nothing to do with some long ago forgotten thread, I don't even remember it. My main interest here, is making sure someone else isn't your victim.

The Hall of Shame is for people who have none.

Edited by skypinkblu

Tim, I have no vendetta...You and I do not hang out...we are not best buds, I'm not worried about us being best buds... I would not run you over with my car, but I'd feed you if you were hungry.

My problem is, the lack of responsibility, never ONCE did you say you were sorry, you messed up. That was all I needed. All I got was a bunch of BS about your cousin, your brother, it was never you. I said back then, and I'll say it again, IF that stuff was true, then it was YOUR responsibility for giving them your password.

You posted a want thread for the book, if you remember... . I think honestly, it was probably a case of I want, I want,I want...and you bit off WAY too much. You keep forgetting, I was NOT the only one you were dealing with, there were SEVERAL people you told you were taking books and you didn't.

And there is no need for a gun, no one wants you to shoot yourself, just want you to grow up.

Best of luck!

Again Sharon, I did apologise about the whole thing. You keep bringing up my brother who lived in my house for using my account, he did. He did multiple :takeits: and most of the time he did pay for them. I told you that only because you asked why I kept buying books, and that was the reason.

I never said anything about a gun. I dont plan on killing myself over this, its done. I have not been active here in almost 2 months either way, so its not a HUGE dissapointment that I am being "voted off" so to speak. I dont know where everyone is getting this whole " I dont care" attitude from me, thats NOT the case. I am very upset about not getting these 2 books. Not for the fact that this is happening, but they are 2 books that I really wanted for my collection. Had things played out differently, I would have them, everyone would be happy and we would not be having this conversation.

As for the comment about an AC not being a neccessity....really? I live in New Orleans and I do think that having my house cool enough to live in for my kids is MUCH more important than me buying comics. Thats just a stupid comment.

The comment about me trying to dump books to buy others....hmmmm, thats a new practice I guess right? I was in a pinch 3 months before I agreed to have them paid off so I started a sales thread because I was in a bind? No, they were books that I had specifically to sell. Again, I held on to them because the buyers wanted them and I will not flame them because "life" got in the way of them buying comics. I talked with Andre and I apologised for this whole thing. It got way out of hand while I was gone this past month, and of course my "fans" had to build it up as much as possible.

Seriously, situations like this are a real shame.

You and I exchanges some PM's during your Saga of the Swamp Thing sales thread. I considered you a nice guy.

I would just look back on what happened and learn from it. As you can see, it left some hard feelings with solid board members that are very well respected.

Good luck!

Tim, I have no vendetta...You and I do not hang out...we are not best buds, I'm not worried about us being best buds... I would not run you over with my car, but I'd feed you if you were hungry.

Best of luck!

Again Sharon, I did apologise about the whole thing. You keep bringing up my brother who lived in my house for using my account, he did. He did multiple :takeits: and most of the time he did pay for them. I told you that only because you asked why I kept buying books, and that was the reason.

I never said anything about a gun. I dont plan on killing myself over this, its done. I have not been active here in almost 2 months either way, so its not a HUGE dissapointment that I am being "voted off" so to speak. I dont know where everyone is getting this whole " I dont care" attitude from me, thats NOT the case. I am very upset about not getting these 2 books. Not for the fact that this is happening, but they are 2 books that I really wanted for my collection. Had things played out differently, I would have them, everyone would be happy and we would not be having this conversation.

As for the comment about an AC not being a neccessity....really? I live in New Orleans and I do think that having my house cool enough to live in for my kids is MUCH more important than me buying comics. Thats just a stupid comment.

The comment about me trying to dump books to buy others....hmmmm, thats a new practice I guess right? I was in a pinch 3 months before I agreed to have them paid off so I started a sales thread because I was in a bind? No, they were books that I had specifically to sell. Again, I held on to them because the buyers wanted them and I will not flame them because "life" got in the way of them buying comics. I talked with Andre and I apologised for this whole thing. It got way out of hand while I was gone this past month, and of course my "fans" had to build it up as much as possible.

That was a joke, Tim...you said Gun...I think you meant fun.

I did ask why you were buying books when you weren't paying people, you said your brother and your cousin had your ID, I suggested, they should have their own...I said that, because your statement was not exactly credible. Why on earth would your brother and cousin need to use YOUR ID to buy books :shrug:

In any case,that was not a question you need to answer.

.as I said before, best of luck!

I think its a real shame myself. I know you bought some ST books awhile back and I thought all was well, good transaction on both ends. That goes for at least a hundred other transactions here, but that probation thread fiasco from 3 years ago keeps coming up and I will never hear the end of it. Obviously had I been on the boards the last few weeks, a few things may be different. I cant just come up with 2k overnight for 2 comics, but its not like I was not trying to get it taken care of. When Irealized that the other 2 sales were going nowhere, it really did put a bad taste in my mouth. The last few transactions prior to those sales were not nearly as smooth as they used to be. Maybe it was stress, maybe it was just me getting tired of selling comics, I dont know. I do take forever shipping sometimes, I cant help that. What I do sell DOES get shipped. Usually with free books regardless of how long it took.

This is not what I wanted to do tonight, but like I said, I am being outcast regardless. I would say that my time here has been fun. There were some bumps in the road, but I have no real regrets. I hold no hard feelings towards anyone (especially Sharon, cause it does seem like we go back and forth too much) I just think its time for me to move on. I have way more to deal with right now other than comics. I wish all of you good luck and to keep the hobby going strong.

Like I tried to explain many moons ago, he lived here. When you log in with a seperate ID from the same computer you get PMs about multiple ID log ins, shill accounts, etc. He used mine so we would avoid that. No trickery was meant

I typed that from my phone, sometimes I do get a LOT of typos.. GUN was definitely meant to be FUN...dont call the suicide hotline on me

Best of luck!

That was a joke, Tim...you said Gun...I think you meant fun.

I did ask why you were buying books when you weren't paying people, you said your brother and your cousin had your ID, I suggested, they should have their own...I said that, because your statement was not exactly credible. Why on earth would your brother and cousin need to use YOUR ID to buy books :shrug:

In any case,that was not a question you need to answer.

.as I said before, best of luck!

well, that didnt post for some reason...here is the quick version...

My brother lived here and used my ID because he couldnt have his own from our understanding. When my buddy would log in here, I would get multiple ID messages about shills and fraud and whatnot

Gun was definitely supposed to read "FUN"...dont call the suicide hotline on me just yet :)

Edited by joker-fish

Sharon is about as generous and sympathetic a person as you're going to find on the board. If you've lost her support, that speaks volumes. Sounds to me like you did take advantage of her good will. The best thing would have been to just offer up a public apology. Instead of trying to make counter arguments as to if you actually said that you would take the book “IF” whatever scenario took place. I personally don’t believe your version of the way things went down and I’m guessing anyone that’s dealt with Sharon does not believe it either.

Seems to be a pattern of over committing to purchases. Things happen, I get that. Going forward, I hope you now plan for the unforeseen. That’s the responsible thing to do, not just for yourself, but for your family and all of those involved in your dealings.