• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I have nothing against charity and donate regularly. People are on the probation list for differing reasons. Some are straight up crooks. I would have done whatever was suggested since I am genuinely remorseful however that doesnt apply to everyone. I have had random members pm me questioning why I need to jump through hoops for anyone. I basically responded I did the 'crime' so now I gotta do the 'time'. Not everyone is willing to do the 'time'.

I understand what you are saying sir.

I agree that some on the probation list are out and out crooks. MachineGunned being the most recent example of one who attempted to steal from me... and others here.

I'm pretty sure that the Board and whoever was ripped off wouldn't allow the out & out theives the oppurtunity to attone. Details would be provided to prevent this.

I just think that, like in our current legal system... that paying the "fine" is, while not as extreme as "doin the time" ... can attone for a "crime".

If the offender makes it right with whoever he shafted that got him placed on the probation list then pulls charity duty... I think the "Board Gawds" may be appeased with that level of sincere gesture.

How much of a "fine" would you donate to a charity to show your remorse of the situation? $30? $50? Just to prevent the "jumping thru hoops" process and for conversation's sake.

You can atone for the probation list. However, once on the Hall of Shame there you stay. These are habitual offenders & need to stay there.

Agreed.

Agreed so long as we maintain the level of offender in the HOS. There were a couple of nominations that deserved a 2nd chance and for that reason I did not believe they should be placed in the HOS.

First I had no problem jumping through hoops. In fact I didn't call it that, someone else did. I was merely relaying it. Paying a fine is the same as doing time IF the offense was minor enough. Do you even know what I was put on for? I would have donated $100 or the total due Nick from busted deal to a charity had it been asked by FT especially HERO. I just don't see how that would be any different :shrug: the probie list was meant to be a warning, not the blacklist/don't sell too this person it has turned into. I dunno it seems you guys are trying to make it more complex than it is. I don't think it's a bad thing just it's leading into unknown territory. I believe Nick's required transactions were to show I could complete them with no worries and not for the monetary gain of other members. But yes I like the donation to Hero and feel it should be implemented somehow.

First I had no problem jumping through hoops. In fact I didn't call it that, someone else did. I was merely relaying it. Paying a fine is the same as doing time IF the offense was minor enough. Do you even know what I was put on for? I would have donated $100 or the total due Nick from busted deal to a charity had it been asked by FT especially HERO. I just don't see how that would be any different :shrug: the probie list was meant to be a warning, not the blacklist/don't sell too this person it has turned into. I dunno it seems you guys are trying to make it more complex than it is. I don't think it's a bad thing just it's leading into unknown territory. I believe Nick's required transactions were to show I could complete them with no worries and not for the monetary gain of other members. But yes I like the donation to Hero and feel it should be implemented somehow.

No sir, I do not know why you were placed on the list. But I can see your sincerity in getting off of the list.

I was just looking at ways members like yourself, who are sincere in there desire to make things right, a way of getting back into the fold without having to make multiple purchases over the course of an extended period of time.

I have no doubt in your sincerity to make things right sir... I was just tossing out an option that would make it quicker and easier for people, like yourself who want to attone, to get back to enjoying all the board has to offer in a way that appeases everyone. And quicker too.

As a seller here, I personally want everyone who can buy, who are willingly to buy & those who will abide by board & seller rules... be given every oppurtunity to participate. I'm sure that all sellers here would wish the same... even if thats not how it always plays out.

No sir, I do not know why you were placed on the list. But I can see your sincerity in getting off of the list.

I was just looking at ways members like yourself, who are sincere in there desire to make things right, a way of getting back into the fold without having to make multiple purchases over the course of an extended period of time.

I have no doubt in your sincerity to make things right sir... I was just tossing out an option that would make it quicker and easier for people, like yourself who want to attone, to get back to enjoying all the board has to offer in a way that appeases everyone. And quicker too.

As a seller here, I personally want everyone who can buy, who are willingly to buy & those who will abide by board & seller rules... be given every oppurtunity to participate. I'm sure that all sellers here would wish the same... even if thats not how it always plays out.

This is not brain surgery, it's simple. If you agree to purchase something, pay for it in a timely manner or let the person know, in a timely manner why you can't do that and see if you can work something out.

If you SELL something, send it once it's paid for, in a timely manner and make sure it's as described. If you can't send it, explain why and send a refund. If you screw up and send something that's not as described (and stuff happens) make it right in a timely manner without being nudged by the community.

If you are on the list, it's because you haven't been able to follow the simple rules.

If you have been here long enough, you will have seen that there have been many recidivists. The list is a warning to the community, because unfortunately, a small percentage of people (and it is small, since there are thousands here), cannot play fair or don't want to bother playing by the simple rules, they are special, so they wind up on the list.

I'm not sure about giving EVERYONE an opportunity to buy. I know there are a people who are here mostly to make money and they will deal with people on the list in order to make a buck. That's not how everyone feels.

There are going to be people on the list who really just didn't pay attention and truly want to change, so hopefully, they will learn a life lesson and get off...but unfortunately, they are not the bulk of the people on the list

This is not brain surgery, it's simple. If you agree to purchase something, pay for it in a timely manner or let the person know, in a timely manner why you can't do that and see if you can work something out.

If you SELL something, send it once it's paid for, in a timely manner and make sure it's as described. If you can't send it, explain why and send a refund. If you screw up and send something that's not as described (and stuff happens) make it right in a timely manner without being nudged by the community.

Also very important is to be able to prove that you have sent what you sold. If your parcel gets lost in the post and you have no proof of postage then it's not gonna look good.

The whole DeafMuteComics discussion got me to thinking. hm Do the same rules of the Probie List apply to comissioned art. I mean artists that take on multiple sketches and then take forever to deliver, or not deliver at all? This would pertain to only artsts that "advertise" on the Boards? Correct? (shrug)