• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

not a request for probation, but a public service message warning the boards about SnakeEater. I ended up deciding not to sell to him after he agreed to deal and then vanished from boards for a week.

Does anyone know what happened to Vpcomics72 or know a way to get ahold of him? I agreed to purchase some books back in November and he didnt reply to PMs and now he isn't accepting PMs.

This is his thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4384769#Post4384769

Mikenyc88 said he completed his sale with him, but didnt have any contact info.

I'm not really interesting in getting him in trouble, but if someone has info I'd like to complete the sale.

Does anyone know what happened to Vpcomics72 or know a way to get ahold of him? I agreed to purchase some books back in November and he didnt reply to PMs and now he isn't accepting PMs.

This is his thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4384769#Post4384769

I'm not really interesting in getting him in trouble, but if someone has info I'd like to complete the sale.

Sounds like he has you on ignore.

This is his thread:

Sounds like he has you on ignore.

Haha then someone else PM him and tell him to stop ;)

Hi guys!

I'd like to throw this out there and get some feedback. If I happen to purchase a CGC book, but the cgc book came back cracked and scratched, but the Seller didn't happen to mention that in the sale at all, is this my fault for not asking and assuming? Or the sellers fault for not mentioning it in at all? I assumed that since this seller is well known and is a big collector, he would know that if he was to sell an item that he would respectively mention it was damaged. It's something I would mention if I was to sell something, as I'd like to be as honest as possible.

Also note, there was absolutely no tampering and damage to the box before I opened to see the contents, and the crack was quite large on the corner, but the contents was packed and wrapped well. So that leads me to believe that the damage was from before it was sold to me.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

That's a shame, most of us always disclose any cracks or scratches etc. I would ask the seller to pay for the reholder fee, plus the shipping. I've sold a couple which had cracks that I showed in pictures beforehand. I sold those for about $25 or so less than if the case had not been cracked.

I often rub out scratches from the CGC case which show greatly. I still have about ten I need to reholder because of cracks or being old labels. Regards,

Yes, but no word from him yet.
Your concerns are genuine but, in the future, I recommend trying to work thing out privately with the other party before making it public. (thumbs u

clobberintime

Just PMed me as he said he wanted to buy one of my CGC books from my previous thread and I swore that name sounded like their was a Probation Problem.

So I checked and sure enough he was there. :cry:

So obviously I am not going to sell him the book cause I don't want to slap the CGC Boards in the face even if he pays.

Just curious what did he do wrong to get himself on the list?

Peter loves Gwen: Thanks, I'll try that if I can get a hold of the seller. :)

comicdonna:

Thankyou and I understand, but I didn't mention the persons name in public, I'm new at this forum stuff and I wanted to hear people thoughts on how to approach this. :)

You did nothing wrong. You are new and wanted to know how to handle it.

Seller should always declare damaged slabs. Give him a chance to read his PMs.

I hate to do this, but I have been 100% honest and have done my best here.

Member branget ordered a book on Feb 4 2011 he did not pay. He then posted in a sketch opp Feb. 10 2011 for a sketch cover by Jonny Ledofrd, and now he has refused to pay for both his original order and the sketch cover. Both orders have been cancelled due to non-payment.

To be clear I was not demanding payment, he sent me a message telling me he I was charging fee's I did not advertise, whish is unture, and higher fee's than the submissions cost, again not true.

He then admitted that he is cancelling because I have posted too many opp's, just 2 as of now. I fail to see how sketch opp's affect his previous orders.

I have tried to resolve this but branget removed himself from the private message conversation.

30 days is the rule here. Once 30 days have transpired, plead your case.

You're correct about the 30 day rule, but this thread (the probation discussion thread) is also meant for people to bring up issues prior to this deadline ... the hope is that if issues are brought out into the open before 30 days have passed, the boardie who's headed for the Probation list could possibly avoid this by making things right before his/her time is up :thumbsup: