• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

speaking of high maintenence, I was keeping this to myself because like I said, I tend to give everyone a fair shake, but I can see that what I was told about you by others on the board appears true. you obviously have an overinflated ego and very high opinion of yourself to the point where your head is probably so large that you have trouble crossing through average sized doorways. I tried to bite my toungue and grin and bare it because I wanted that Hack Slash but you sir, can shove that slabbed book up your and light it on fire because you are a LIAR. You answered 1 EMAIL and only responded to me after asking that question on the probie thread. off. ill get one of my aquaintences to buy it. Grow a sack and move out of moms basement. jimi

In response to my decision not to have any further transactions with him. Food for thought. :popcorn:

speaking of high maintenence, I was keeping this to myself because like I said, I tend to give everyone a fair shake, but I can see that what I was told about you by others on the board appears true. you obviously have an overinflated ego and very high opinion of yourself to the point where your head is probably so large that you have trouble crossing through average sized doorways. I tried to bite my toungue and grin and bare it because I wanted that Hack Slash but you sir, can shove that slabbed book up your and light it on fire because you are a LIAR. You answered 1 EMAIL and only responded to me after asking that question on the probie thread. off. ill get one of my aquaintences to buy it. Grow a sack and move out of moms basement. jimi

In response to my decision not to have any further transactions with him. Food for thought. :popcorn:

It sounds to me, that he no longer wants the book.

It sounds to me, that he no longer wants the book.

Seems to me he knew what he wanted to do with it. Because its Hack Slash we cant have that. Arent you gone yet?

Edited by Fastballspecial

Does anyone know if eBay member "luna66" is a Board member? hm

I'm getting sick and tired of non-payers, particularly when they make a "best offer" and then ignore any communication. EBay's non-paying bidder strikes are a joke . . . :pullhair:

Does anyone know if eBay member "luna66" is a Board member? hm

I'm getting sick and tired of non-payers, particularly when they make a "best offer" and then ignore any communication. EBay's non-paying bidder strikes are a joke . . . :pullhair:

Luna is probably short for lunatic. :screwy:

Ohhh I hate that. I had an ASM 300 9.8 on ebay and a dude sent me a good offer. I sent him a counteroffer of like $10 more and all 48 hrs went by and I heard nothing from him. No decline, no nothing. No ebay message. He then sen't another good offer on the 9.6 of the same comic. I sent him a counteroffer for that too and heard nothing.

Less than a couple weeks later I see the same dude sell a ASM 300 9.8 for basically the exact same price he offered me for mine before.

I have no clue what was going on with that, but I wont take any offer serious from them and with the lack of communication would never sell to them because I have no reason to believe I would be paid and never hear anything from them.

Ohhh I hate that. I had an ASM 300 9.8 on ebay and a dude sent me a good offer. I sent him a counteroffer of like $10 more and all 48 hrs went by and I heard nothing from him. No decline, no nothing. No ebay message. He then sen't another good offer on the 9.6 of the same comic. I sent him a counteroffer for that too and heard nothing.

Less than a couple weeks later I see the same dude sell a ASM 300 9.8 for basically the exact same price he offered me for mine before.

I have no clue what was going on with that, but I wont take any offer serious from them and with the lack of communication would never sell to them because I have no reason to believe I would be paid and never hear anything from them.

Awesome work on the $10 counteroffer.

I would like to nominate board member "longshot975" for the probation list.

I purchased an Elephantmen #18 from this boardie from this thread:

longshot975 Sale post

Before purchasing I asked the condition of the book. Here is our PM discussions before my purchase.

Does your Elephantmen #18 J. Scott Campbell cover have any defects at all and if so what are they. Also if submitted to CGC what is your best guess at what your copy of this book would grade?

cant ever say because like anyone knows it is always what mood you catch CGC in when you submit it.

But I would say between a high 9.6 to 9.8 maybe higher. No visible defects that can be seen.

The image that is on the site is the actual scan of the front of the book.

That sounds good to me. I know how cgc is I can live with a CGC 9.6 of this. I just didn't want anything lower than that for my JSC run. Thanks and I just posted the :takeit:

I'll wait to see what else you have before I send payment for this. Also please ship this as carefully as possible so it arrives in the CGC 9.6 to 9.8 condition shown. thanks.

Once receiving it I was upset because

it had 2 really bad spine creases on the back side. I messaged him and he never responded.

Here are some pics of what I received:

004_zps57afcb61.jpg

Surprisingly the front looks perfect

001_zpsd9a81dcb.jpg

002_zps1483a1e2.jpg

But as you can see the back is bad and there's no way it is close to the grade he quoted me to convince me to buy it.

I made a claim and he finally responds. Never directly, but in the coments section of the claim he says the book is sold in as is condition even though he misrepresented the condition to me. Somehow that's enough for paypal even after the pictures and now I'm stuck with this book. I wanted to give others a heads up who are about to do business with this boardie.

Edited by CollecDestination

I will leave it at this and if I am placed on the Probation list then it is what it is but it should be noted the following items and explained so everyone can have a feel for it, at no time did the buyer ask for more images and as anyone I have sold to in the past on here can testify if you ask for the scans they can be provided. The book had no bends or anything as the buyer claims and the reason Paypal denied the claim was because I informed them I had witness statements that could be provided by someone who was present at the time the item was shipped to the buyer with no faults. The buyer claims I did not respond to him, because as some board members know I have a medical condition that affects my immune system and was out of commission for some weeks. Then when I logged back on here before I could even respond to this buyer they had opened a claim through Paypal claiming the was and I quote "Instead the seller sends me a badly beat up comic book" but what he sent me via private email was "I am really upset with this book. You said it was a 9.6-9.8 range with no visible defects. You obviously didn't look at the back of this book because there is horrible spine stress on the back cover." No images attached to either the complaint through Paypal or the original email from the buyer and there was a possibility that it could have happened in shipping and the book was insured, but with no images at either junction of the complaint (on here) or through Paypal as a seller all I have is a buyer telling what what they claim is wrong with the item. These images that are now being placed on this probation listing by CollecDestination is the first time at all since the item was sent and the email was sent to me on the 12th of September which as stated I did not get around to checking until the day buyer opened a complaint with Paypal, and throughout the whole Paypal dispute process that the images have even been sent. So that should say something about the character of the buyer, because even in the dispute through Paypal I stated I had not received any images of the books from the buyer to display what damage they claimed was up with the book. And now a month after the original email and several weeks after the Paypal dispute is sided in my favor images of the "so called" damages are displayed on here instead of through the dispute process or even through Pvt message from the buyer. I feel as a seller that the buyers creditability should be looked into because he only mentions to emails in the whole conversation and dispute process and never acknowledge that images were requested through my response through Paypal so I could see the damage. So when Paypal saw all the messages on this site that they were provided links to they read all of them and the buyers complaint and even stated without the buyer providing images they saw it as a "buyers remorse" case. So this buyer wants to claim I misrepresented something to them, when in fact they have misrepresented alot of facts to this board to hurt a sellers reputation because Paypal did not decide in their favor. And if these images would have been provided in a timely manner with the original email we could have possibly came to some resolution and even filed through USPS insurance for damages. So in closing if I am placed on this list that is ok because you know you will have buyers who do not get their way by going through proper channels such as resolution processes, etc. But again I think this should be looked at heavily because like I said this buyer at no time provided any images of the claimed damage during any of the issues with the original email or through Paypal and now conveniently to disgrace a seller on here they place images of the damages.

I will leave it at this and if I am placed on the Probation list then it is what it is but it should be noted the following items and explained so everyone can have a feel for it, at no time did the buyer ask for more images and as anyone I have sold to in the past on here can testify if you ask for the scans they can be provided. The book had no bends or anything as the buyer claims and the reason Paypal denied the claim was because I informed them I had witness statements that could be provided by someone who was present at the time the item was shipped to the buyer with no faults. The buyer claims I did not respond to him, because as some board members know I have a medical condition that affects my immune system and was out of commission for some weeks. Then when I logged back on here before I could even respond to this buyer they had opened a claim through Paypal claiming the was and I quote "Instead the seller sends me a badly beat up comic book" but what he sent me via private email was "I am really upset with this book. You said it was a 9.6-9.8 range with no visible defects. You obviously didn't look at the back of this book because there is horrible spine stress on the back cover." No images attached to either the complaint through Paypal or the original email from the buyer and there was a possibility that it could have happened in shipping and the book was insured, but with no images at either junction of the complaint (on here) or through Paypal as a seller all I have is a buyer telling what what they claim is wrong with the item. These images that are now being placed on this probation listing by CollecDestination is the first time at all since the item was sent and the email was sent to me on the 12th of September which as stated I did not get around to checking until the day buyer opened a complaint with Paypal, and throughout the whole Paypal dispute process that the images have even been sent. So that should say something about the character of the buyer, because even in the dispute through Paypal I stated I had not received any images of the books from the buyer to display what damage they claimed was up with the book. And now a month after the original email and several weeks after the Paypal dispute is sided in my favor images of the "so called" damages are displayed on here instead of through the dispute process or even through Pvt message from the buyer. I feel as a seller that the buyers creditability should be looked into because he only mentions to emails in the whole conversation and dispute process and never acknowledge that images were requested through my response through Paypal so I could see the damage. So when Paypal saw all the messages on this site that they were provided links to they read all of them and the buyers complaint and even stated without the buyer providing images they saw it as a "buyers remorse" case. So this buyer wants to claim I misrepresented something to them, when in fact they have misrepresented alot of facts to this board to hurt a sellers reputation because Paypal did not decide in their favor. And if these images would have been provided in a timely manner with the original email we could have possibly came to some resolution and even filed through USPS insurance for damages. So in closing if I am placed on this list that is ok because you know you will have buyers who do not get their way by going through proper channels such as resolution processes, etc. But again I think this should be looked at heavily because like I said this buyer at no time provided any images of the claimed damage during any of the issues with the original email or through Paypal and now conveniently to disgrace a seller on here they place images of the damages.

Have you ever heard of something called a paragraph? :baiting:

Actually, I don't believe this is Probation List worthy. If we put everyone on the Probation List for overgrading a comic they sold on here, half of the boards would be on that list - myself included.

What about just giving him a refund on the book and getting the book back? (shrug)

You never even responded to me. No message was ever sent to me requesting images of the damage or I would have sent them to you. I opened a paypal dispute. You then respond by saying it is was sold in as is condition. After that you escalated it to a paypal claim and said you feel confident this will be found in your favor.

If you would have asked for Pics I would of sent them. Even after the claim you never sent me any PM or email trying to work this out. This is really easy then. It's not to late to work this out. I tried and you refused but let's just put this behind us. You now see the damage and I'm sure you can agree that's not what I paid for. Please just give me an address to return it for a refund and we can put this behind us. How do you feel about that?

Because honestly between you and me I can not sit back and say he did not damage it himself because as stated in the response message this is the first time these images of damages have showed up and the book has been in his possession for at least a month and at no stage of the dispute process through Paypal were these images sent to me or I would have tried to work something out with him, just like I stated in the message if nothing but trying to file through USPS for postal damage. And if it was small purchase I would have no problem doing as you state Shark, but if sellers refunded everyones high dollar purchases over $20.00 , {this one being over $50} and then get a damaged book back that can't be resold to recoup their loss then who wins in the end. Especially when you are dealing with an individual who sales to supplement their government income instead of a storefront seller.

Its funny you keep stating that images were never requested when not only was that mentioned in the response to your claim through Paypal that images were never provided of the damage and that even Paypal themselves when I contacted them stated that the response had that mentioned and even paypal waiting a few days to get images from you which when they did not they closed the case.