• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Im putting this out there in front of all boardies. I am willing to do a partial refund of $10.00 to this gentlemen because I know he stats $15.00 but the site I found online for pressing says $10.00 for comics after 1980 which this qualifies for. But this payment will not be able to be sent until Wed, 10/17/2012 to the buyer.

But for those who want to say something about return policies, etc. It is always listed on my invoices as follows for all buyers and when invoice is paid I assume they took time to read the invoice, which includes this information before paying which evidently from the buyers on words, stating that he was not aware of this until the paypal dispute shows he did not read his invoice.

"Terms and conditions

Item is "AS IS" buyer has seen condition of books and agrees with conditioning prior to purchase. Item will be insured to be sure it arrives to customer in condition it left and to protect from any damage that could happen while in transit through USPS."

And for those who made comments about it being insured if it is over a $50.00 book. The item was insured but you can't do anything with postal insurance until you have images to provide to them which this buyer never did provide until this thread today.

I'm glad you're making some attempt to work with the buyer. I give you a great deal of credit for that.

I must say, without any attempt at hostility, that I can't agree with your overall position.

First, this is a small community and your reputation is everything. For every beaver watching this thread there are a dozen curled up in their dams taking notes.

Second, selling 'as is' is a non starter for me. If I sell something and the buyer is unhappy I will do whatever it takes to fix the problem. I've had two occasions where I've refunded $$ so far. The first was a book damaged when the box was crushed in transit - I gave him a full refund and told him to keep the book. The second a low grade AF15 came back restored - I refunded his money, his express grading fees and all of his shipping costs from me to him, to CGC, back to him and finally back to me. It sucked but it's how I would want to be treated.

Also, if you're gonna try to sell 'as is' you should provide a back cover scan. Give them all the information you can.

Lastly, it's crystal clear that the buyer isn't struggling with buyer's remorse. He wanted this book in high grade and he's not happy with the copy you sold him. It's possible that it was damaged in shipping but it's more likely you missed the spine tics or you're not as fussy a grader as him. And having a witness doesn't mean anything. You could have 10 people look at this book but unless they've made many high grade submissions to CGC their opinion doesn't mean much.

I am one of those beavers curled up in my dam. :hi:

dam nice of you to post

Always offer refunds for returns.

Always communicate.

Never sell items 'As is'.

Take the book out of the bag and look at the back when you grade it. Then scan it and post it.

Simple.

The second a low grade AF15 came back restored - I refunded his money, his express grading fees and all of his shipping costs from me to him, to CGC, back to him and finally back to me. It sucked but it's how I would want to be treated.

:(

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=23031305

:cry:

The second a low grade AF15 came back restored - I refunded his money, his express grading fees and all of his shipping costs from me to him, to CGC, back to him and finally back to me. It sucked but it's how I would want to be treated.

Was that the book that Dave sold?

Was that the book that Dave sold?

It was. Not sure who sold it but looks like they made out fairly well on the deal.

Im putting this out there in front of all boardies. I am willing to do a partial refund of $10.00 to this gentlemen because I know he stats $15.00 but the site I found online for pressing says $10.00 for comics after 1980 which this qualifies for. But this payment will not be able to be sent until Wed, 10/17/2012 to the buyer.

But for those who want to say something about return policies, etc. It is always listed on my invoices as follows for all buyers and when invoice is paid I assume they took time to read the invoice, which includes this information before paying which evidently from the buyers on words, stating that he was not aware of this until the paypal dispute shows he did not read his invoice.

"Terms and conditions

Item is "AS IS" buyer has seen condition of books and agrees with conditioning prior to purchase. Item will be insured to be sure it arrives to customer in condition it left and to protect from any damage that could happen while in transit through USPS."

And for those who made comments about it being insured if it is over a $50.00 book. The item was insured but you can't do anything with postal insurance until you have images to provide to them which this buyer never did provide until this thread today.

I'm glad you're making some attempt to work with the buyer. I give you a great deal of credit for that.

I must say, without any attempt at hostility, that I can't agree with your overall position.

First, this is a small community and your reputation is everything. For every beaver watching this thread there are a dozen curled up in their dams taking notes.

Second, selling 'as is' is a non starter for me. If I sell something and the buyer is unhappy I will do whatever it takes to fix the problem. I've had two occasions where I've refunded $$ so far. The first was a book damaged when the box was crushed in transit - I gave him a full refund and told him to keep the book. The second a low grade AF15 came back restored - I refunded his money, his express grading fees and all of his shipping costs from me to him, to CGC, back to him and finally back to me. It sucked but it's how I would want to be treated.

Also, if you're gonna try to sell 'as is' you should provide a back cover scan. Give them all the information you can.

Lastly, it's crystal clear that the buyer isn't struggling with buyer's remorse. He wanted this book in high grade and he's not happy with the copy you sold him. It's possible that it was damaged in shipping but it's more likely you missed the spine tics or you're not as fussy a grader as him. And having a witness doesn't mean anything. You could have 10 people look at this book but unless they've made many high grade submissions to CGC their opinion doesn't mean much.

I am one of those beavers curled up in my dam. :hi:

dam nice of you to post

I see what you did there :signfunny:

Gonna have to chime in with the "go ahead and give the guy a refund" approach here.

I had a boardie (and he's a good boardie too) last year, buy a ton of Clooneython stuff. I think two items (cheapo TPB) out 15 - 20 items (which included bagged sets, tpbs and hbs) arrived with a blunted corner.

Now Rupp packs his sheeet well, but understands that sheeet happens. But said boardie didn't just want a refund for just the two... so he sent back everything ($85 or so worth of sheeet). Mind you all the rest of his purchases were not not damaged and in fine shape. And it was over 2 months past the initial purchase. :o

What did Rupp do? Grumbled a little under my breath... and then sent the boardie his money back plus shipping. I've got no ill will toward boardie either... sheeet happens, and wether you think the sheeet that happens is crazy or not, you gotta stand behind what you sell. Sometimes not just behind, but up in the arse of it.

I know that his $85 was not worth the potential of having it pop up here. Rupp likes being thought of as a "mischievious" arsehole... not a "dishonest" arsehole.

I have made that $85 back in sales since and then some (I'd say close to a billion dollars in just my Cloonython threads alone).

Seller should go back and delete all he can of what he has said about "as is" and partial refunds as partial damage control... and refund.

Jeez Rupp I would be pissed at that. From experience I know you lose your arse on shipping those large lots, to compound that loss with a return seems overly harsh. Not sure how 2 soft corners on sealed hb's is justification for buyer needing to return the entire crate of 15 to 20 packaged poodle toys. Looks like uptight buyer to me.

I know I wouldnt return one of your lots unless I opened the box and a live spider monkey popped out and stole my car keys.

Jeez Rupp I would be pissed at that. From experience I know you lose your arse on shipping those large lots, to compound that loss with a return seems overly harsh. Not sure how 2 soft corners on sealed hb's is justification for buyer needing to return the entire crate of 15 to 20 packaged poodle toys. Looks like uptight buyer to me.

I know I wouldnt return one of your lots unless I opened the box and a live spider monkey popped out and stole my car keys.

If I sent you a spider-monkey... he probably wouldn't go for your car keys :grin:

That's it, nice catch.

Actually, I don't believe this is Probation List worthy. If we put everyone on the Probation List for overgrading a comic they sold on here, half of the boards would be on that list - myself included.

:grin:

And your point is.....?

Actually, I don't believe this is Probation List worthy. If we put everyone on the Probation List for overgrading a comic they sold on here, half of the boards would be on that list - myself included.

:grin:

And your point is.....?

I know the probation list is for board transactions and not transactions that take place on ebay but I really do not care right now because I am pissed. Last Monday I sold all of my Capullo/Snyder signed Batman issues and out of the 11 or so auctions I ended up with one non paying bidder. Cut to this morning and I get an email from said bidder stating

Hi there, I won your auction. I thought i had the funds but I'm having trouble finding the funds to pay for the auction. Please cancel the transaction if you can and you will get your ebay fees back.

Thanks

- daydreamer13

I already opened a case with eBay so I reply to them that the case is open and I will get my fees back once eBay makes a ruling.

Tonight I go and look at the items that daydreamer13 has up for sale and I see this Batman 4 CGC SS 9.6 variant that belongs to Sleeper13 as you can see here.

So apparently he does not have the funds to pay for an auction that he won as of this morning even though he was selling Bedlam variants all weekend. Like I said, it really pissed me off when I found out my eBay deadbeat was a board member.

I know the probation list is for board transactions and not transactions that take place on ebay but I really do not care right now because I am pissed. Last Monday I sold all of my Capullo/Snyder signed Batman issues and out of the 11 or so auctions I ended up with one non paying bidder. Cut to this morning and I get an email from said bidder stating

Hi there, I won your auction. I thought i had the funds but I'm having trouble finding the funds to pay for the auction. Please cancel the transaction if you can and you will get your ebay fees back.

Thanks

- daydreamer13

I already opened a case with eBay so I reply to them that the case is open and I will get my fees back once eBay makes a ruling.

Tonight I go and look at the items that daydreamer13 has up for sale and I see this Batman 4 CGC SS 9.6 variant that belongs to Sleeper13 as you can see here.

So apparently he does not have the funds to pay for an auction that he won as of this morning even though he was selling Bedlam variants all weekend. Like I said, it really pissed me off when I found out my eBay deadbeat was a board member.

:o

:facepalm: