• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

But if we just let it go, then we don't get the word out to boardies to stay away from him on e-bay. Sure, he won't be back to sell anything on these boards, but we still need to warn others about not dealing with him on e-bay.

+1

New members or the uniformed need a heads up about this stuff. Then it's up to them if they want to do business.

I appreciate Matt bringing up the issue here. I had no idea who he was before that. Kind of embarrassed to admit that since apparently he's been pretty influential in the hobby.

I had actually looked at several items he had for sale on eBay. Most were over-graded in my opinion, but there were a couple that looked pretty close to spot-on and I was tempted. Now that I'm aware of this issue with Matt and the issues BLB has had in the past, I'll be steering completely clear of his items from now on.

I know that doesn't really do anything to make Matt whole, but I'm thankful for the heads-up. Even though it sounds like BLB manages to take care of his eBay customers, I would prefer not to business with someone who has had this many issues.

I second a nomination for BLB to be put on the HOS permanently. Also a honorable mention in a new thread stating who not to buy from on eBay would be a good idea....have a list of a few already

That resides in Comics General.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6946559#Post6946559

-slym

Yeah...I thought this was an exclusive list of who not to sell to lol

Guess it could be a general eBay list...

Yeah that facebook group is insane.

I don't want to join is so I bookmarked it.

But it gives me mad respect for Steve B and Mark Zaid.

Dropping bombs like a Outkast song banned from American airwaves.

just too good.

(thumbs u

Edited by Worldsbestcomics

Even though Menace has tons of issues to work through, there is NO WAY this is even close to HOS yet. There is a bloodthirsty, torch-bearing, Salem Witch Trials vibe around here lately. It is disconcerting.

It is my own fault for only popping in here to see what is going on, but the concept of going from a potential PL inclusion to having a vote for the HOS in a matter of HOURS is ridiculous.

face palm.

This.

When I see "He needs to go on the PL because he hasn't responded to my PM in 72 hours." That is freaking ridiculous. And I am someone who has full sympathy for those who are feeling frustrated.

The 72 hours isn't the sum total of his delays and non-responses. It's the culmination of months and months of problems. The 72 hours was the time from the PM informing him of the PL discussion and giving him the mandated time to respond to the allegations and issues before a decision is made.

Chris,

You are a long-time Boardie and I understand your point and I respect you but at the risk of advocating reason to the pitch-fork wielding mob, I respectfully disagree. Perhaps my beliefs are no longer the social norm but I don't expect somebody to check their emails every 72 hours.

I can understand somebody who has only been on the boards a year not fully understanding the context of the probation list and the Hall of Shame. This is where we put the crooks, not the guys who don't meet our expectations for communication or customer service. That is what the feedback forums are for.

The idea that this went to a HOS vote is ridiculous and represents the worst of these boards in my opinion. That isn't a shot at you Chris.

Well I agree with the sentiment of having only positive "kudos", where exactly (besides here) can people place a complaint that is easily seen and understood? This thread has over 2000 pages now. Slogging through forums and messing with searches to find those few useful nuggets that are informative is quite taxing to someone computer literate, let alone someone who is not so much. Or someone who has never been part of a forum...

Even though Menace has tons of issues to work through, there is NO WAY this is even close to HOS yet. There is a bloodthirsty, torch-bearing, Salem Witch Trials vibe around here lately. It is disconcerting.

It is my own fault for only popping in here to see what is going on, but the concept of going from a potential PL inclusion to having a vote for the HOS in a matter of HOURS is ridiculous.

face palm.

This.

When I see "He needs to go on the PL because he hasn't responded to my PM in 72 hours." That is freaking ridiculous. And I am someone who has full sympathy for those who are feeling frustrated.

The 72 hours isn't the sum total of his delays and non-responses. It's the culmination of months and months of problems. The 72 hours was the time from the PM informing him of the PL discussion and giving him the mandated time to respond to the allegations and issues before a decision is made.

Chris,

You are a long-time Boardie and I understand your point and I respect you but at the risk of advocating reason to the pitch-fork wielding mob, I respectfully disagree. Perhaps my beliefs are no longer the social norm but I don't expect somebody to check their emails every 72 hours.

I can understand somebody who has only been on the boards a year not fully understanding the context of the probation list and the Hall of Shame. This is where we put the crooks, not the guys who don't meet our expectations for communication or customer service. That is what the feedback forums are for.

The idea that this went to a HOS vote is ridiculous and represents the worst of these boards in my opinion. That isn't a shot at you Chris.

I understand, and we're not talking HOS. At least I'm not. I am talking PL. The 72 hours is for the PL.

It's just that, in this situation, people were trying to get an answer for 5 months on refunds, etc. The first day that this was brought up in the probation area this guy responded and worked out the details of the refund he should have paid all those months before. It wasn't important to him to take care of it before the heat and pressure of this forum were applied.

He's not absentee, and it's not that he's not seeing the emails. He's here, he's watching, he WAS ignoring those requests. Now that the heat was applied he responded immediately. He's also posting to the boards.

And I am not talking about HOS for him. I am talking about PL which is where he belongs until he makes it right with everyone.

Given the context of this particular situation and the poster's presence during the evolution and revelation of the complaints against him, 72 hours is a very long time to get his response.

But if we just let it go, then we don't get the word out to boardies to stay away from him on e-bay. Sure, he won't be back to sell anything on these boards, but we still need to warn others about not dealing with him on e-bay.

+1

New members or the uniformed need a heads up about this stuff. Then it's up to them if they want to do business.

BLB was a member here when this deal went down, so he should be included like anyone else.

Where are we with the whole Menace situation?

thought I saw the OP who nominated him got a refund. let me dig and see...

nope cant find it anywhere. guess its still open.

Edited by Miraclemet

I think the original nominator was J DUB and he got his refund it's a post or two after this.

I think this was in reference to the unfulfilled obligations from his sketch opportunities offered on the boards and inability to complete the responsibilities that would get all those people the books for which they prepaid.

I think the original nominator was J DUB and he got his refund it's a post or two after this.

I think this was in reference to the unfulfilled obligations from his sketch opportunities offered on the boards and inability to complete the responsibilities that would get all those people the books for which they prepaid.

Yes, I was hoping that since JDub received his refund quickly after posting here that the paperwork would be sent to the artist just as quickly for the opp.

I guess if nobody nominates him for that then we wait for the inevitable mob. (shrug)

Exactly

Yes, I was hoping that since JDub received his refund quickly after posting here that the paperwork would be sent to the artist just as quickly for the opp.

I guess if nobody nominates him for that then we wait for the inevitable mob. (shrug)

If I remember correctly hasn't a mob already formed and started an HoS poll that is ticking down as we speak?

Member in question: NigelTufnel42 or Eric Adkins

Hi,

I have sold several books here already and always had a great experience.

The first two transactions with Eric has been awesome. but now the final 2 transactions we have are all flops.

He held books for 2 weeks the first time then changed his mind and he said I'll just buy your other book instead etc. Decided to change his order but evntually after another week decided he can't pay.

After 1 month, I decided to list some other keys and once again he saw it and decided to make an offer and to hold books once again. Now it has been almost 2 months of holding the book and he disappeared on me again.

I believe I have been very patient with it and just because he bailed on me the 2nd time I believe he should be a candidate for HoS.

I am also worried that he has another account so just in case his name is Eric Adkins. I could PM more details about him if you inquire but for now I am really disappointed and saddened.

Edited by bigboytoys

Not to take away from what appears as a real issue by bigboytoys but I have been away from the boards and I think that is being taken advantage of by some people because they think I won't be here to reply.

First off, ugh why am I doing this lol

TheMightyJohn your again lying directly, please produce the email you say I wrote. You harrassed Tony Daniel to the point that he had to send you your cover directly. I did my best in your instance and yet you lied, without any time given for a refund, and yet when you posted your attempt at a nomination I replied to your post with your full name Arron Lewis and you freaked out about posting your personal information.

I feel bad about not sending the book to John, but as you will see by our Facebook log which I will put here in full (well I hope I edited any bad words or remarks) I indicated I sent 'a package' which I thought included the replacement book. 6-5 I heard about it, 6-22 the book is sent to me, I indicate I will pack it and send it to John, along with what I believe was other books I needed to send to him. 7-26 we talk again, general chatter, I ask John about something on his Facebook page for something I am writing. I indicate I am yet again shipping things out but no mention that the replacement book has not arrived yet. 7-26 John asks me if I got his book back but doesn't ask if I sent his yet. So I have no idea at this point I did not send it yet. 9-2 and 9-3 we talk after he is at Dragon Con and he never mentions the book is missing.

I understand I dropped the ball by not getting the book out, I am however very easy to reach by phone, email or Facebook. I find PM's to be a VERY bad way to organize things and that led to some of these very delays in shipping that I as well as everyone else would like to avoid.

June 5

Jake Mackessy

6/5, 2:46pm

Jake Mackessy

hey bro!

i sent you the wrong book?

John White

6/5, 4:45pm

John White

Well, maybe an error. The top label says 9.8 but the front label says 9.6. was supposed to be a 9.8. I was going to call Mike in the morning to see what can be done if it was an error. Darrell can drop it off at the booth and have it changed if that is the case. will let you know later.

John White

6/5, 5:00pm

John White

Ok, I just learned something new. I was able to look up the cert# from the census online. It says it is supposed to be a 9.6. I can see how you easily mistook it for a 9.8 by top label though.

Jake Mackessy

6/5, 5:53pm

Jake Mackessy

i will get it fixed for ya i think i have anthe r9.8 here

i bet the 9.6 guy wont tell me he got a 9.8 accidentally lol

June 22

John White

6/22, 5:04pm

John White

Mail the book to:

Jake Mackessy 106 N Lilly St. Moscow Id. 83843

just making sure I have the right one

Jake Mackessy

6/22, 5:04pm

Jake Mackessy

hey brotha

this is the SSM right?

I have a 9.8 set aside here for you i think

John White

6/22, 5:05pm

John White

yeah

Jake Mackessy

Jake Mackessy

yea that is the right one

John White

John White

ok

Jake Mackessy

Jake Mackessy

ill get this packed and sent to you next week then

John White

John White

I will send it priority mail and will send over tracking info sometime tonight

anything new?

up coming?

Jake Mackessy

6/22, 5:08pm

Jake Mackessy

SDCC

my next two shows are gonna be small things im just doing not really taking subs

John White

6/22, 5:09pm

John White

sweet! I always wanted to go there

Jake Mackessy

6/22, 5:09pm

Jake Mackessy

im doing image expo

and then a small show in vegas

July 26

John White

7/26, 5:30pm

John White

any updates on the Medinas? just curious

Jake Mackessy

7/26, 5:34pm

Jake Mackessy

hey bro!

let me check and see if hes messaged me

John White

John White

np

any new and exciting going on? hopefully you have recovered from SDCC

Jake Mackessy

Jake Mackessy

not yet

got the comic con crud man

sick as a dog

John White

7/26, 5:35pm

John White

bummer

Jake Mackessy

Jake Mackessy

getting everything shipped out

bro your a geneticist?

John White

John White

haha no

Jake Mackessy

7/26, 5:36pm

Jake Mackessy

lol

John White

John White

I am in college now. My major is mathematics. Minors in computer science, secondary education

Jake Mackessy

Jake Mackessy

you have duck commander on there too

John White

7/26, 5:37pm

John White

I like to mess with people on here. I love Kilowog and that was his job before training lanterns

Jake Mackessy

Jake Mackessy

lol

well *****

im writing a book now

its got a lot to do with genetics

i was gonna have you consult haha

John White

John White

lol awesome

hm, let me think though, I know a ton of people.

I teach you about how to find the area of an object in the 6th dimension using calculus? ha

Jake Mackessy

7/26, 5:39pm

Jake Mackessy

wha

lol

John White

7/26, 5:40pm

John White

some things we learn in school are useless imo

John White

7/26, 5:46pm

John White

I have seen research done on AIDS using differential equations that was quite interesting

Jake Mackessy

7/26, 5:57pm

Jake Mackessy

yea i did a lot of impressive sounding stuff

that i have no use for now

cryogenic embryonic cell transfers

ive worked with one of three cloned animals...

well who knows how many cloned animals there is now

John White

7/26, 6:00pm

John White

for sure. My uncle is a micro-biologist. He has done crazy stuff for grant $ at IU.

his wife makes all the $ writing Biology text books

Jake Mackessy

7/26, 6:03pm

Jake Mackessy

i took a lot of science classes

John White

7/26, 6:04pm

John White

I bet

writing a book is a great way to make extra income

Jake Mackessy

7/26, 6:05pm

Jake Mackessy

its a comic that im writing actually lol

not much money there

John White

7/26, 6:06pm

John White

limited to 250? I will take a 9.8!

Jake Mackessy

7/26, 6:07pm

Jake Mackessy

lol

John White

7/26, 6:23pm

John White

what did Ioan Guffurd charge for a sig? do you remember

Jake Mackessy

Jake Mackessy

hmmm

$40 maybe

it was in durhams so i forget

why is he doing an appearance?

John White

John White

Dragoncon

Jake Mackessy

Jake Mackessy

i need to sell mine hahaha

******** hehehe

John White

7/26, 6:24pm

John White

yes you do!

Jake Mackessy

7/26, 6:24pm

Jake Mackessy

lol

John White

7/26, 6:25pm

John White

I am going to try and get one. 9.8 will be the problem. I am a 9.8 snob with celeb books

Jake Mackessy

Jake Mackessy

*poke*

i got some

John White

John White

really? did you not sell them in your thread?

Jake Mackessy

Jake Mackessy

nope

maybe someone asked about them lol

ive been so busy

John White

7/26, 6:26pm

John White

I understand

Jake Mackessy

7/26, 6:26pm

Jake Mackessy

ive got like...

well let me count...

about 300+ slabs in my living room

**** i own but havent taken pics of

or listed for sale..

John White

7/26, 6:27pm

John White

Wow, that is what I have in my collection. you need to move some inventory

Jake Mackessy

7/26, 6:28pm

Jake Mackessy

lol

i do

had to take everything off ebay

to make room for sdcc

i got a lot of 9.8 image expo books coming too lol

John White

7/26, 6:29pm

John White

btw did you ever get the Superior back I sent 9.6 baby variant

Jake Mackessy

Jake Mackessy

yep

John White

John White

did you see the stickers?

Jake Mackessy

Jake Mackessy

yea

luckily i owed someone a 9.6 so lol it was convienient

September 2

John White

9/2, 5:14pm

John White

man dragoncon was terrible this year.

I got a McKone 11 x 17 Capt Am but no one was finishing sketches really

September 2

Jake Mackessy

9/2, 9:52pm

Jake Mackessy

wha really?

September 3

John White

9/3, 1:45pm

John White

Brooks only did two all show, Conner one etc. Everyone was cherry picking so order in line didnt matter. Sucked!

Jake Mackessy

9/3, 1:46pm

Jake Mackessy

argh i hate that, makes waiting in line for nothing a possibility

John White

9/3, 1:46pm

John White

it really does. It it seemed to happen alot this weekend.