• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I swear, more and more people have me on ignore.

Awesome.

-slym

I was told we should not do that to you, they said if I do I would either have to give up my first born or a copy of ASM 14. So I hid my copy of ASM 14. :whee:

Even though Menace has tons of issues to work through, there is NO WAY this is even close to HOS yet. There is a bloodthirsty, torch-bearing, Salem Witch Trials vibe around here lately. It is disconcerting.

It is my own fault for only popping in here to see what is going on, but the concept of going from a potential PL inclusion to having a vote for the HOS in a matter of HOURS is ridiculous.

face palm.

This.

When I see "He needs to go on the PL because he hasn't responded to my PM in 72 hours." That is freaking ridiculous. And I am someone who has full sympathy for those who are feeling frustrated.

The HOS is for the worst of the worst.

Even though Menace has tons of issues to work through, there is NO WAY this is even close to HOS yet. There is a bloodthirsty, torch-bearing, Salem Witch Trials vibe around here lately. It is disconcerting.

It is my own fault for only popping in here to see what is going on, but the concept of going from a potential PL inclusion to having a vote for the HOS in a matter of HOURS is ridiculous.

face palm.

This.

When I see "He needs to go on the PL because he hasn't responded to my PM in 72 hours." That is freaking ridiculous. And I am someone who has full sympathy for those who are feeling frustrated.

The 72 hours isn't the sum total of his delays and non-responses. It's the culmination of months and months of problems. The 72 hours was the time from the PM informing him of the PL discussion and giving him the mandated time to respond to the allegations and issues before a decision is made.

face palm.

This.

The 72 hours isn't the sum total of his delays and non-responses. It's the culmination of months and months of problems. The 72 hours was the time from the PM informing him of the PL discussion and giving him the mandated time to respond to the allegations and issues before a decision is made.

There does need to be an effort from Menace on this starting now. Sending the 2 pages so the process can continue needs to be made a priority. I am a fan of the PL while he cleans it up and this board needs timely updates. If he is going to throw his hand in the air and walk away now.......well I will no longer be standing in front of the pitchfork wielding mob.

face palm.

This.

There does need to be an effort from Menace on this starting now. Sending the 2 pages so the process can continue needs to be made a priority. I am a fan of the PL while he cleans it up and this board needs timely updates. If he is going to throw his hand in the air and walk away now.......well I will no longer be standing in front of the pitchfork wielding mob.

Basically, yeah. No one likes doing paperwork, it's not the fun part like hobnobbing with pros and seeing all the cool sketches, but it's integral to carrying the ball over the goal line. It's a shame that some really simple tasks are torpedoing what could have been a really positive experience for folks who laid their cash down.

He's going to need to put everything else aside and take care of business, right here and right now.

In case it wasnt seen, BLBComics got a ban (not a suspension) from the boards.

HOS is kinda moot at this point.

FWIW I think he still needs to be added, just for the sake of adding. Just because the mods got to him before this thread shouldn't negate his HOS status.

Of course, the other current mode of thinking is just letting it go now that he's no longer around. So, who knows...

In case it wasnt seen, BLBComics got a ban (not a suspension) from the boards.

HOS is kinda moot at this point.

FWIW I think he still needs to be added, just for the sake of adding. Just because the mods got to him before this thread shouldn't negate his HOS status.

Of course, the other current mode of thinking is just letting it go now that he's no longer around. So, who knows...

But if we just let it go, then we don't get the word out to boardies to stay away from him on e-bay. Sure, he won't be back to sell anything on these boards, but we still need to warn others about not dealing with him on e-bay.

But if we just let it go, then we don't get the word out to boardies to stay away from him on e-bay. Sure, he won't be back to sell anything on these boards, but we still need to warn others about not dealing with him on e-bay.

+1

New members or the uniformed need a heads up about this stuff. Then it's up to them if they want to do business.

agreed (that the HOS ceremony should proceed). I wonder if BLB will still be incented to complete his pulp transaction with Matt.

There's no incentive to complete the deal if we are nominating him to the HOS, the PL is the "make good" list for getting deals completed - we're a vindictive unforgiving bunch so escape from the HOS is unlikely.

Wasn't Jaybuck doing some sort of investigation or something on other issues?

I say if we're nominating him just for the "matt-plups" then it should be PL to maintain at least a little bit of incentive to get a deal done.

With the bridge-burning, banning etc..that has occurred, getting off the PL list is the only incentive left short of legal action.

If a Christmas miracle occurs & Matt comes on here Jan 1st & says "I got all my stuff", who changes their HOS vote?

agreed (that the HOS ceremony should proceed). I wonder if BLB will still be incented to complete his pulp transaction with Matt.

There's no incentive to complete the deal if we are nominating him to the HOS, the PL is the "make good" list for getting deals completed - we're a vindictive unforgiving bunch so escape from the HOS is unlikely.

Wasn't Jaybuck doing some sort of investigation or something on other issues?

I say if we're nominating him just for the "matt-plups" then it should be PL to maintain at least a little bit of incentive to get a deal done.

With the bridge-burning, banning etc..that has occurred, getting off the PL list is the only incentive left short of legal action.

If a Christmas miracle occurs & Matt comes on here Jan 1st & says "I got all my stuff", who changes their HOS vote?

Since he's been banned I don't think there's any incentive or disincentive to be had based on any actions of this board.

I can't imagine anyone's changing their vote given the display he's put on recently.

face palm.

This.

Chris,

You are a long-time Boardie and I understand your point and I respect you but at the risk of advocating reason to the pitch-fork wielding mob, I respectfully disagree. Perhaps my beliefs are no longer the social norm but I don't expect somebody to check their emails every 72 hours.

I can understand somebody who has only been on the boards a year not fully understanding the context of the probation list and the Hall of Shame. This is where we put the crooks, not the guys who don't meet our expectations for communication or customer service. That is what the feedback forums are for.

The idea that this went to a HOS vote is ridiculous and represents the worst of these boards in my opinion. That isn't a shot at you Chris.