• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

:applause:

Thanks for the update Jake. Sounds like you are working it all out. (thumbs u

Now, is there anyway to stop the silly HOS vote? Possibly being a month late on a sketch opp and having one mixup with a book is hardly HOS material. For those voting admission maybe you can start a deal with a current member of the HOS and see what being ripped off really feels like. (thumbs u

we are seeing it right here Jeff, let it play out.

+1

Apparently, 71% of the vote considers it a valid nomination. hm

Ridiculous :doh:

Another reason why popular vote is obsolete. Between this and "Jersey Shore" ratings we keep getting examples that there's no correlation between group agreement and "right".

^^

A bunch of wet behind the ears noob who whine when someone doesn't email in 24 hours. I see stock in pitchforks on the rise!

So we should have another vote to confirm the original vote? Just to make sure lol

So just wondering... Solarcadet's nomination ends tonight (link here http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7226675#Post7226675) but that whole thing got buried in about 70 pages of discussion about Menace and a few other items. Should we add another week to the vote? Just let it run out and add him? Not sure how to handle the situation. Thanks guys.

I say, wait until he comes back from his strike. Just so we can see the hilarity that will ensue.

-slym

It doesn't matter. HoS doesn't mean you can't post.

Ok regarding Medina... should I throw a creator under the buss? Would that be good for the SS program?

I heard it asked how many opps I am doing? One. Medina. Why you might ask because I don't want to put my name out there for anyone outside my own studio anymore.

Things have certain protocol that must be followed, I am not blaming CGC they took less than a day to get back to me with approval to send in less books. But that had to be done.

I can say that when it was brought to my attention that the scans were posted on the thread I had not even been told about it. I think I posted as much in the thread. Am I neglecting the opp? No but I am not getting updates, perhaps because so many others are messaging Angel at the same time so he assumes I will see them.

Edit: As updated in the SS room, the paperwork has been at Angels house but he was at La Mole in Mexico City and just returned home today.

It is not a matter of throwing the creator under the bus. I have an op going on right now that has been going on for about 6 months. I am hounding the artist to get his in gear and get done but I also relay updates to those involved. As the facilitator it is up to you to find the updates. The fact that other people saw the scans on Angel's facebook and then posted them shows that you were not following along. You cannot just sit back and wait and hope that the artist gets back to you.

Good Lord, that is so true!! Handling one on these things, you have to stay on top of and in touch with the artist, like daily.

Ok regarding Medina... should I throw a creator under the buss? Would that be good for the SS program?

I heard it asked how many opps I am doing? One. Medina. Why you might ask because I don't want to put my name out there for anyone outside my own studio anymore.

Things have certain protocol that must be followed, I am not blaming CGC they took less than a day to get back to me with approval to send in less books. But that had to be done.

I can say that when it was brought to my attention that the scans were posted on the thread I had not even been told about it. I think I posted as much in the thread. Am I neglecting the opp? No but I am not getting updates, perhaps because so many others are messaging Angel at the same time so he assumes I will see them.

Edit: As updated in the SS room, the paperwork has been at Angels house but he was at La Mole in Mexico City and just returned home today.

It is not a matter of throwing the creator under the bus. I have an op going on right now that has been going on for about 6 months. I am hounding the artist to get his in gear and get done but I also relay updates to those involved. As the facilitator it is up to you to find the updates. The fact that other people saw the scans on Angel's facebook and then posted them shows that you were not following along. You cannot just sit back and wait and hope that the artist gets back to you.

Good Lord, that is so true!! Handling one on these things, you have to stay on top of and in touch with the artist, like daily.

Except in this case, the artist has been finished for over a month, and it was the facilitator who "fell off the face of the Earth". doh!

Now, is there anyway to stop the silly HOS vote? Possibly being a month late on a sketch opp and having one mixup with a book is hardly HOS material. For those voting admission maybe you can start a deal with a current member of the HOS and see what being ripped off really feels like. (thumbs u

+1

Another reason why popular vote is obsolete. Between this and "Jersey Shore" ratings we keep getting examples that there's no correlation between group agreement and "right".

^^

A bunch of wet behind the ears noob who whine when someone doesn't email in 24 hours. I see stock in pitchforks on the rise!

So we should have another vote to confirm the original vote? Just to make sure lol

And didn't it take Menace 5 months, not 24 hours, to answer his messages? :tonofbricks:

+1

^^

And didn't it take Menace 5 months, not 24 hours, to answer his messages? :tonofbricks:

I wasn't referring to Menace, obviously, but bad communication does not a HOS'r make.

And yes, if this vote goes through there will likely be another vote to remove him. So much fun. :whee:

Which is actually a shame because not only does the HOS lose some integrity but those who may still feel wronged but do not make up the majority won't be able to stop his removal from the HOS. In the case of the PL the people who put him on take him off.

So now we are going the route of ridiculing people if they vote differently than what we would like them to vote, and especially if it involves a buddy?

Differing with the thought process of how the PL-HOS should be administered, and what standards should be upheld, is one thing. Just bashing on people to force them to back off is another form of telling people how to think and act.

Isn't that what a bunch of you supposedly rally against - telling people what to think and say?

So now we are going the route of ridiculing people if they vote differently than what we would like them to vote, and especially if it involves a buddy?

Differing with the thought process of how the PL-HOS should be administered, and what standards should be upheld, is one thing. Just bashing on people to force them to back off is another form of telling people how to think and act.

Isn't that what a bunch of you supposedly rally against - telling people what to think and say?

"I'm not." "Shhh." :roflmao:

And yes, if this vote goes through there will likely be another vote to remove him. So much fun. :whee:

Which is actually a shame because not only does the HOS lose some integrity but those who may still feel wronged but do not make up the majority won't be able to stop his removal from the HOS. In the case of the PL the people who put him on take him off.

The integrity of the HoS means nothing so long as you have people here who will buy from and sell to people on it 2c

Details please? I don't really see what you're talking about.

Who is debating for their buddy? (shrug)

When people get emotional they get a little :screwy:

There seems to be a general trend that new board members are all in favour of the HOS nomination. Not completely but a clear majority. How is pointing this out, assuming you are referring to me, telling people how to think?

So far we have 5 months to issue a refund and a month late on a sketch opp all with poor communication. I'm sure there will be a long list of people who will no longer submit through him but how is that the worst of the worst? lol

If the integrity of the HOS is allowed to deteriorate then we'll be having discussion on adding non-paying bidders before long.

This should really be his custom title. :gossip:

The integrity of the HoS means nothing so long as you have people here who will buy from and sell to people on it 2c

Which is where I am trending and the latest nominations are encouraging me to do so. (thumbs u

Nobody's gonna sway my vote. :sumo:

So this is that non-emotional approach you were talking about? doh!

I'm reading what you posted in response to people voting YES to the poll, and you are making it sound like they are all hate-mongers looking to put the world in the HOS. More than anything, it may be in this situation they reached a tipping point due to the length of time involved.

So rather than your quick response to pick a fight, maybe - and this may be a stretch for you - think things through why people are reacting the way they are.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled "BOSCO is a blue meanie" programming.

So this is that non-emotional approach you were talking about? doh!

I'm reading what you posted in response to people voting YES to the poll, and you are making it sound like they are all hate-mongers looking to put the world in the HOS. More than anything, it may be in this situation they reached a tipping point due to the length of time involved.

So rather than your quick response to pick a fight, maybe - and this may be a stretch for you - think things through why people are reacting the way they are.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled "BOSCO is a blue meanie" programming.

lol

You're hilarious. I suspect the yes crowd is mostly hate-mongers and I base this on the discussion here. Did they reach a tipping point? I'm sure they did but f things move along like they are then even their tipping point is not worth the HOS. I personally enjoy your hidden personal attacks. Troll on young padawan. lol

This.