• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Hado,

I have to say, I wish I have a friend like you on these boards.

I have to hand it to Hado. He is showing much more care than Solarcadet has shown for himself.

:applause:

Hado is a good guy. I am not for sure what SolarCadet did to earn that friendship but he should consider himself extremely lucky.

Hado,

I have to say, I wish I have a friend like you on these boards.

I have to hand it to Hado. He is showing much more care than Solarcadet has shown for himself.

:applause:

Hado is a good guy. I am not for sure what SolarCadet did to earn that friendship but he should consider himself extremely lucky.

Hopefully, Hado doesn't get burned by him, the friendship and support he has shown him has been admirable.

Branget, is this the apology you're looking for?

Yup. (thumbs u

And I'm lost as to why people are so adamant he should stay there. I won't ever be dealing with him but I do not feel he is a threat to the boards. An individual_without_enough_empathy or lowlife? Sounds like it but I don't see that as giving me the right to ban him from selling. (shrug)

Which was no longer offering free shipping when he dropped the price but forgot to change the first post.

The book was offered at the takeit price after this whole mess, but was declined.

It doesn't matter if he "forgot" to change the first post.

The stand-up thing to do, as an honest, ethical businessman, is to honor your listed prices and policies. Does it suck to have to eat the loss? Yeah, it does, but that's the "price" of doing business.

And after all the "scaminess" of the whole situation, who in their right minds would want to deal with this type of seller?

Like they say, "you never get a second chance to make a first impression."

And in solar's case, his first impressions made him look like a deceitful, untrustworthy person. Add the whole mess with lying about his dad, and you have an individual who most people don't want to have anything to do with.

Just making sure the whole situation is understood while people vote.

What I find interesting is that the warnings mention HOS/PL.

Maybe I'm just arguing symantics, but wouldn't having SC on the PL accomplish the same goal while keeping the integrity of the HOS for the big time offenders?

I'm not sure why you care so much? You obviously can still get your books from him, HoS or not. (shrug)

I still don't know why the poll was started to get him out of the hall? Did I miss the pages of discussions where multiple boardies felt he shouldn't be in the H.O.S.? Or are we just going to start random polls every few weeks to remove everyone from the H.O.S. People say the H.O.S. is a joke, and as long as people buy and sell to those on the list it is. It's also a joke as long as polls are started to remove people from the list when there was no public outcry for the person's removal in the first place.

SolarCadet requested to be in the HOS (or dared us to place him there) and should not be removed until he requests it via an apology.

And with about 10 more people with proof he has done good business and certainly changed any doubters that he will not scam or shill anyone

The apology would suffice for removal from the HOS. Anyone wronged in a transaction can nominate him for the PL.

Wha? Either he belongs in the HoS or he doesn't. What difference does it make if he posts an apology?

No. This wasn't something where he says "I'm sorry" and he is off of any list. His dismissal of everything has shown right now he is not to be trusted, along with LYING ABOUT HIS FATHER DYING DURING A TRANSACTION.

How does someone say "My bad about lying. Not sure what happened there" and be taken serious??!!

Because none of that is HOS worthy to me. The tipping point was him daring to be placed on the list and not caring. It still doesn't make it worthy to me but I have no issue with him there. If he came on and apologized that would be a step in the right direction and isn't that the goal? The remaining transactional issues can be dealt with through the PL.

To tell you the truth, the goal of the HoS is to warn Boardies about sketchy dealers. It's not punishment, and the path to get off the list...well, by the time someone gets on there, we really should be past thinking about how they get off. If we're hung up on how solarcadet gets off the list (and I'm not saying we are), then perhaps he shouldn't have been added in the first place. The HoS is not a PL for the extra naughty who need double spankings. It's a BEWARE, DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE list.

Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in lol

Hado pulled you back in. So let's keep that story straight.

Which I apologized for. I think it took a lot to apologize wether you accept it or not.

Do you mean your apology or solarcadet's?

His, I'm Canadian, we apologize for everything

lol

No. This wasn't something where he says "I'm sorry" and he is off of any list. His dismissal of everything has shown right now he is not to be trusted, along with LYING ABOUT HIS FATHER DYING DURING A TRANSACTION.

How does someone say "My bad about lying. Not sure what happened there" and be taken serious??!!

Because none of that is HOS worthy to me. The tipping point was him daring to be placed on the list and not caring. It still doesn't make it worthy to me but I have no issue with him there. If he came on and apologized that would be a step in the right direction and isn't that the goal? The remaining transactional issues can be dealt with through the PL.

Apologizing is always a great start - when you mean it. Coming on today and once again starting off like this is a joke is probably not a good approach.

Then making it sound like the lie about his father was something he revealed to everyone, when he didn't. Joe caught him at the lie.

My joke about good ole dad died was my black humor. I wasnt hiding it.

Then talking like the HOS situation was all due to a lynchmob, rather than his own actions.

The lynchmob jumped all over me and began the battle of shaking and HOS voting.

So yes. The apology would be the way to go, along with a recognition of his mistakes. Solarcadet just cannot help stepping all over himself.

Yup. (thumbs u

And I'm lost as to why people are so adamant he should stay there. I won't ever be dealing with him but I do not feel he is a threat to the boards. An individual_without_enough_empathy or lowlife? Sounds like it but I don't see that as giving me the right to ban him from selling. (shrug)

As has been shown/rubbed in our face, being in the HoS doesn't ban anyone from buying nor selling.

-slym

Hado pulled you back in. So let's keep that story straight.

Which I apologized for. I think it took a lot to apologize wether you accept it or not.

Do you mean your apology or solarcadet's?

His, I'm Canadian, we apologize for everything

No. We sure ing DON'T

Yup. (thumbs u

As has been shown/rubbed in our face, being in the HoS doesn't ban anyone from buying nor selling.

-slym

It significantly hinders the ability to run a viable sales thread. (thumbs u

humor and sarcasm aside,

i apologize for all these problems leading uop to HOS...

if some come on here and say i am not sincere then what can i do?

im only a collector, i have no intention as a dealer to make profit or push public sales threads.

What I find interesting is that the warnings mention HOS/PL.

Maybe I'm just arguing symantics, but wouldn't having SC on the PL accomplish the same goal while keeping the integrity of the HOS for the big time offenders?

I'm not sure why you care so much? You obviously can still get your books from him, HoS or not. (shrug)

I still don't know why the poll was started to get him out of the hall? Did I miss the pages of discussions where multiple boardies felt he shouldn't be in the H.O.S.? Or are we just going to start random polls every few weeks to remove everyone from the H.O.S. People say the H.O.S. is a joke, and as long as people buy and sell to those on the list it is. It's also a joke as long as polls are started to remove people from the list when there was no public outcry for the person's removal in the first place.

SolarCadet requested to be in the HOS (or dared us to place him there) and should not be removed until he requests it via an apology.

And with about 10 more people with proof he has done good business and certainly changed any doubters that he will not scam or shill anyone

The apology would suffice for removal from the HOS. Anyone wronged in a transaction can nominate him for the PL.

Wha? Either he belongs in the HoS or he doesn't. What difference does it make if he posts an apology?

To tell you the truth, the goal of the HoS is to warn Boardies about sketchy dealers. It's not punishment, and the path to get off the list...well, by the time someone gets on there, we really should be past thinking about how they get off. If we're hung up on how solarcadet gets off the list (and I'm not saying we are), then perhaps he shouldn't have been added in the first place. The HoS is not a PL for the extra naughty who need double spankings. It's a BEWARE, DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE list.

Which takes quite a bit for me to say, as you know. (thumbs u

He probably should not have been added but like I said he almost requested it.

humor and sarcasm aside,

im only a collector, i have no intention as a dealer to make profit or push public sales threads.

:roflmao:

Apologizing is always a great start - when you mean it. Coming on today and once again starting off like this is a joke is probably not a good approach.

It's a start. When I see a start I like to encourage a finish. :)

Sounds dirty. lol

humor and sarcasm aside,

You started off not sincere today. Then with ever lol during a not-so-funny situation, you pour more fuel on the fire.

Hado should have let this sit for a while versus wanting to rush right back in. Your recent posts didn't help any. For forumites like Comicdonna or Sha to be disappointed and vote "NO" to you coming off the list says a lot.

But I truly hope your apologies are going down the right path.