• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I'd been HusTrucked again.

I missed getting HusTrucked on my last sales thread. It wasn't a big ticket item or anything. Trying to get a $100 set of books for $50 citing lower-grade similar Ebay sales as justification.

I'm kinda bummed that he didn't go in my thread and threaten to strangle my cat or molest my garbage can. My HusTruck story isn't as cool as everyone elses'.

Mine's pretty boring too.

One of my sales threads was closing down, he pm'd me saying he was interested in a few slabs. I say that's fine, you can have them for 20% off. THen he asked 'what else do you have', and gave me a list. I gave him a list and prices, with like a total of 20 books for more than $1000. He said that's fine, and asked for a lower price. I quoted him approximately 20%-25% off since I needed the space. We then negotiated for very friendly time payments. He then said he'd get back to me after he sold some stuff.

I'm like WTF are you negotiating time payments now if you can't pay yet? But its fine, we didn't strike a deal yet. So give him a couple months, and see that he's completed quite a few purchases here on the boards. Obviously, after I ask him a few months later he still says he doesn't have enough money. Not even to buy SOME of the VERY SPECIFIC BOOKS that were on his list.

All in all, no harm, no foul. We never struck a final deal. This isn't PL behavior, or HOS behavior, just the kind of stuff that makes you not want to deal with someone. His actions that have already been noted by others aren't isolated actions on top of millions of great transactions. He has a pattern of interactions that leave people with a bad taste, and they've passed the tipping point IMO. I'm don't think for a second that this person is the worst of the worst, but I also don't think that there's any chance for this person to become someone that people will feel comfortable dealing with here on the boards.

In my opinion, I think PL would make MORE sense, and all he has to do is sell 4comix a Hulk 181 OR show that he owns a HULK 181 with a cracked slab to get off the PL. If he can't satisfy those, then he stays on the PL, even if its indefinite, and it acts as a defacto Hall of Shame. If he never had the IH 181 or lied about the crack, then he's someone we dont' want to deal with anyways, and he's stuck in the PL FOREVER.

BUT as I don't think he ever had a IH 181, and tried to sell it (either foolishly OR fraudulently), HOS is just fine with me. This person is irredeemable for the purposes of selling comics on this forum, and I'm fine if we treat him as such.

I'll just say this - HS can go in the HOS - he's probably done just enough.

"These examples of fraud, deception and sociopathic behaviors are also coupled with HusTruck's violent history as well as homophobic comments made on his eBay profile ( if you don't read this, you're a homosexual) prove that he is a character lacking any moral fiber and deserving of the Hall of Shame. "

I'm not a fan of dragging the Internet to find actions/posts that have nothing to do with selling books on here.

Or are people now going to go on the HOS because they got into a fight with 3 guys 10 years ago?

On that basis - Kav will be close due to his assaulting a shopper in a supermarket checkout!

His personal thoughts and actions - away from completing sales - probably shouldn't be dragged into this. Unless the criteria for engaging in the sales forums have to include a spotless personal history.

I wish you would edit your post Justin, It just doesn't seem to be what we are talking about - which is the Probation List on an Internet comic forum.

Am I the only one that feels uncomfortable about what Hustruck did at school being part of the HOS poll rationale?

2c

Watch out, Hustruck knows (of) muay thai and jiu jitsu. meh

Apparently, he also has 8 friends that voted "no" for the HOS at this point.

Either that, or he has 8 accounts on these forums.

I have not voted yet, but I can see reasonable grounds for voting no, depending upon how you see the HOS and what you consider relevant evidence.

Some may decide that the only relevant evidence is that of dishonest business practices, deception and fraud, and weigh only that evidence when voting.

Some may consider his socially inept buffoonery sad and pathetic but not HOS worthy.

It is possible to take different positions on this.

I hear what you are saying and agree to an extent, but H chose to bring his ebay and instagram sales to the boards. No one went looking for them.

I'll just say this - HS can go in the HOS - he's probably done just enough.

"These examples of fraud, deception and sociopathic behaviors are also coupled with HusTruck's violent history as well as homophobic comments made on his eBay profile ( if you don't read this, you're a homosexual) prove that he is a character lacking any moral fiber and deserving of the Hall of Shame. "

I'm not a fan of dragging the Internet to find actions/posts that have nothing to do with selling books on here.

Or are people now going to go on the HOS because they got into a fight with 3 guys 10 years ago?

On that basis - Kav will be close due to his assaulting a shopper in a supermarket checkout!

His personal thoughts and actions - away from completing sales - probably shouldn't be dragged into this. Unless the criteria for engaging in the sales forums have to include a spotless personal history.

I wish you would edit your post Justin, It just doesn't seem to be what we are talking about - which is the Probation List on an Internet comic forum.

Am I the only one that feels uncomfortable about what Hustruck did at school being part of the HOS poll rationale?

2c

I wouldn't have included it (and don't really care what he did outside here). I think his multiple, continued failures here speak loud enough. But, I wouldn't say I'm uncomfortable with it.

I hear what you are saying and agree to an extent, but H chose to bring his ebay and instagram sales to the boards. No one went looking for them.

Exactly how I feel, well said.

He's been on my ignore list for a long time after posting a "take it" but never replied to PM's nor paid for the book.

I have no evidence to support this as I've long deleted the pm thread.

In here or anywhere his actions shows his true character. 2c

Has Half Sack came back to answer these charges. hm

I have 2 eBay id's

One to sell with and one to buy with

I closed down my account before to start a fresh selling account.

That is 100% in line with eBay rules

As for the PL nomination

According to the forum rules I have the right to refuse and cancel a transaction for any reason as long as I state that in my thread.

I wrote this at the bottom of my last 3 sales threads.

I reserve the right to cancel the transaction with anyone for any reason......to protect myself in case an unforseen circumstances arose.

So according to the forum rules the nomination is invalid and I should be taken off ASAP.

Comicdonna confirmed to me that as long as it was stated in the thread i have the right to cancel if I want to with no consequence.

I never asked for payment even though he insisted on sending it multiple times. Never once asked for payment upfront.

From last night/early this morning

I have 2 eBay id's

As for the PL nomination

According to the forum rules I have the right to refuse and cancel a transaction for any reason as long as I state that in my thread.

I reserve the right to cancel the transaction with anyone for any reason......to protect myself in case an unforseen circumstances arose.

So according to the forum rules the nomination is invalid and I should be taken off ASAP.

Comicdonna confirmed to me that as long as it was stated in the thread i have the right to cancel if I want to with no consequence.

I never asked for payment even though he insisted on sending it multiple times. Never once asked for payment upfront.

We need an update from him, but I don't think we'll get it.

I have 2 eBay id's

As for the PL nomination

I accidentally lied and the slab isn't damaged and I didn't actually send those photos they were on my instagram and I didn't try and drop ship the ebayer is a liar and just out to get me.

My prediction lol

I have 2 eBay id's

As for the PL nomination

I accidentally lied and the slab isn't damaged and I didn't actually send those photos they were on my instagram and I didn't try and drop ship the ebayer is a liar and just out to get me.

My prediction lol