• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

It appears to me that much of the anger towards Chip is from the charity thread and gofundme page

If that's the case then he's had a few months to fix his issues. That time has passed.

Voted.

Finally sending people items owed would've been good enough to get him off of the PL.

If you recall, it was the CL "entrapment" that was the last straw for people and pushed things towards HOS nomination. The charity thread and gofundme page are just pieces of the overall picture. There is no statute of limitations here for being a d-bag to your fellow boardies. People here have long memories.

I quickly became "not a fan" over the summer when I saw that he had engaged in the same behavior on other areas of the internet and moved on to a new one each time his nonsense was outed.

Forum members who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

I agree Buzz, sounds like almost an identical situation.

And that dates back to 1997! If you read through the entire history it's event after event of a similar nature. How anyone could read that and come down on the side of defending this guy is beyond me.

I've never had a problem with the guy personally, but this is something that can't go unchecked on these boards.

I wish there was a harsher punishment than PL/HOS for people like this. Voted.

Lethal injection? That's probably a bit harsh. Perhaps some time in the pokey?

Hotbox with me after I've eaten a few burritos.

:o

A hotbox is an air-tight room or vehicle that contains one or more pot-smokers smoking one or more joints. The exhaled smoke and the smoke coming from the joint, unable to escape, circulates and thus is breathed in and is not wasted. Smokers in a hotbox may find themselves totally *spooned* beyond the point of speech after about 30 minutes. Hotboxing is an event that requires some amount of planning, but ensures optimal weed usage.

Urban Dictionary

And that dates back to 1997! If you read through the entire history it's event after event of a similar nature. How anyone could read that and come down on the side of defending this guy is beyond me.

I've never had a problem with the guy personally, but this is something that can't go unchecked on these boards.

If you think about it, his negative online history essentially dates back to the beginning of online selling and the popularization of the internet. The internet and emails became popular in the mid 90s, ebay was created in 1995, Windows 3.1 1992.

If you think about it, his negative online history essentially dates back to the beginning of online selling and the popularization of the internet. The internet and emails became popular in the mid 90s, ebay was created in 1995, Windows 3.1 1992.

There were online complaints dating back to 1994.

Its just a pattern that has not changed. Considering how far back his reputation goes, I'm surprised he hasn't changed his name.

Its just a pattern that has not changed. Considering how far back his reputation goes, I'm surprised he hasn't changed his name.

Or at least alter it a little, like "Crisp" or "Puff" or "Pringle"

Or at least alter it a little, like "Crisp" or "Puff" or "Pringle"

:D

Yes...those are good choices.