• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I was a respected board member once...(takes a drink)...tough racket

You know it friend..its counting the money that wears you down...I kept tellin' em "send me 100s" and they keep sending 20s, it used to be there was more respect, ya know?

As someone else said last evening, mental illness is pretty ubiquitous. To think that a lot of us don't understand it or haven't experienced it is a bit naive (in my opinion).

I said that it looks like the majority doesn't understand. Average Joe Public.

Of course there are people who are going to know about it.

Let's clarify something. No one went out and harassed someone with a mental illness. It's not like Chip was walking down the street minding his own business and members of the CGC Boards Gang harassed him.

:news: Chip is not the victim here. :news:

Chip stole on the CGC Boards.

Chip lied on the CGC Boards.

Chip manipulated members of the CGC Boards.

This wildly_fanciful_statement about some level of sensitivity should be used with Chip because he COULD have a mental illness needs to stop already. The only reason it's being discussed is that YOU Roy and YOU Red brought it up and continue to bring it up. Everyone else is just content calling Chip a liar, cheat and a scammer.

You can post about me and harass me all you want trying to intimidate me.

In fact I had dreams lst night about you posting everyone with your crusade. lol

The facts remain that

1) I disagree with the majority about the possibility of mental illness in this particular situation based on my personal experiences and

2) I don't disagree with you that Chip should be punished for his actions.

Sorry if I don't fall in step with everyone on point 1.

Roy, is this really the sword you want to fall on? It's over, just back away from the computer.

Being the board patron saint of lost causes isn't going to do you any favors.

Andy, I don't see it as a sword to fall upon.

If anyone really wants to follow what I've been trying to say all I'm disagreeing with the majority about on is the degree of mental health involved in this situation. Nothing else.

Everything else I agree with.

If someone wants to put me on a list for disagreeing with them on mental illness after all of the goodwill I've poured into this place over 12 years I can't stop them.

Roy, is this really the sword you want to fall on? It's over, just back away from the computer.

Being the board patron saint of lost causes isn't going to do you any favors.

But...are you respected enough to say this Andy? :jokealert:

I said earlier in this mess of a thread that if Chip is truly mentally ill time will tell, and while not a direct victim I have been affected by this to the tune of $200.00. I wont go off on Chip about it, but I know I voted yes for him being elected to the HOS.

For the most part people have been civil, some have gone overboard. It would be nice if they now used their vote to speak. Regarding Roy's support of Chip I can see his side of the story, but when you find yourself in a deep ditch the best course of action is to just stop digging.

It really just pisses me off that you continue to use mental illness as a defense or excuse or reason to tone down vocal outrage against Chip.

It's insulting to those that do have a mental illness. Also, you post as if you're the expert in the matter because you had experience with mental illness. Just as chrisco stated - :news: you're not the only one. :news:

I'll stop harassing and intimidating you though with my hurtful words. :foryou:

I don't want to have any hard feelings with anyone and I regret if anyone has any hard feelings with me.

It wasn't my intention.

I have a busload of kids waiting on me and I've spent enough time on here.

I hope everyone has a good New Year.

Justin, stop bullying Roy.

FWIW, I understand your position Roy. I just happen to disagree as there's no factual evidence to back up your assumption that mental illness is playing a part.

I'm not a well respected boardie so I'll go back in my hole.

And while some may feel the CL as was in poor taste, it brought new information to light, which was the only intended outcome.

I'll say this: I've done several deals with Roy and would not bat an eye at buying from him again. Always feel he's fair and honest. Other this his crossover skills, he's ok ??

:foryou:

I don't know what Chip's mental health is but I do know his actions. From my vantage point he has been in and out of trouble on the boards ever since I can remember. He seems to not have the ability to walk away by himself so I think a ban will force him to move on and allow us all to move past his numerous issues also.

Just because a majority disagrees does not mean that a majority doesn't understand. I have weighed Chips claims of mental health obstacles and depression and still do not believe that it excuses a twenty plus year span of deplorable behavior. And on the off chance that it does, it does not mean that we should subject ourselves to it.

No one is getting banned! :D Nothing is happening other than someone potentially being added to a list that may have consequences on someone's ability to buy or sell.

All this discussion over being added to a list with not ramification. Thought HOS members got a ban on top of being on the list.

Justin, stop bullying Roy.

FWIW, I understand your position Roy. I just happen to disagree as there's no factual evidence to back up your assumption that mental illness is playing a part.

I'm not a well respected boardie so I'll go back in my hole.

And while some may feel the CL as was in poor taste, it brought new information to light, which was the only intended outcome.

I'll say this: I've done several deals with Roy and would not bat an eye at buying from him again. Always feel he's fair and honest. Other this his crossover skills, he's ok ??

:foryou:

If all this discussion is about whether it was proper to post a fake craigslist to gather some intel, I think that there was no problem with it in these circumstances. It wasn't being done for harassment, but rather to find out information.

No. The HOS/PL is a community run list. CGC has nothing to do with either.

Right. CGC does not ban HOS members. I'm sure many would like if that was the case, however their stance has always been they will not get involved in Marketplace disputes.

Being on the HOS does not preclude one from selling/buying on the boards either (although most of us have disclaimers that "we" will not sell to HOS members).

It's strictly there as a warning to potential buyers/sellers that a particular individual has a history of "difficulties" in the marketplace.

Except for the poll I have tried to stay out of this. The facts are the facts, regardless of the mental health issue.

I don't care about his mental state, but I do care that he has proven to be a liar, manipulator,thief.on these boards as well as a proven history of the same on other boards.

Try to stay focused on the facts everyone, not whether he may or may not have mental health issues.That's not the point here.

Roy, I have the utmost respect for you, you are a kind soul. That's a good personality trait to have, but Chip has overstayed his welcome here. Instead of trying to manipulate the people here, he should have tried to get his life together and taking care of his daughter.

Edited by oakman29