• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I don't think he cared for the Craigslist "entrapment". More so the person who perpetrated it.

I'm not a huge fan of that either but it did clearly show that he's constantly online constantly watching for deals, and he can find funds when required. A far cry from ignoring boardies and not having enough money to ship what was paid for.

No excuse for it really and I think it was pretty telling he didn't even try to give one. Total hand in the cookie jar moment and the final straw for a lot of people.

It's ludicrous that people can make fun of the guy, poke him in the eye, call him names and talk smack about him...

Let's take the board players out of the scenario for a moment and substitute someone like... Lance Armstrong, instead.

I can hear your ludicrous defense now, "He's a cancer survivor and has been through a lot, the personal attacks are unnecessary and makes you all look bad".

Uh, no - because he survived a major illness it does not give Lance Armstrong a license to be a liar, cheater, bully, and manipulator. And once his true nature is revealed, it's only natural that people will express their utter frustration over the egregious situation (and the damage done).

Be a "dove" all you want but please realize that as long as you perpetually fly over our house, continuing to squawk and poop on us, your presence will understandably draw ire.

You said that you don't care about that at all, however. How ironic.

Clearly you have a Chip on your shoulder - get over your sanctimonious self.

I don't think he cared for the Craigslist "entrapment". More so the person who perpetrated it.

I'm not a huge fan of that either but it did clearly show that he's constantly online constantly watching for deals, and he can find funds when required. A far cry from ignoring boardies and not having enough money to ship what was paid for.

No excuse for it really and I think it was pretty telling he didn't even try to give one. Total hand in the cookie jar moment and the final straw for a lot of people.

For me, the only significance of the craigslist incident is that it shows he is spending his time on Craigslist when he should be spending his time doing something else: mainly shipping books, looking for a job, etc. The posting itself was clearly for over $1000 worth of easily sellable figures. (And I know almost nothing about star wars except that you can barely give away the power of the force figures). He should not have been searching craigslist, but once he was I don't fault him for trying to buy a quick flip of 10x in value. The trap would have been more damning for me if the asking price had been a more substantial, and therefore difficult to acquire, amount of say $500 or $1000.

For me, the only significance of the craigslist incident is that it shows he is spending his time on Craigslist when he should be spending his time doing something else: mainly shipping books, looking for a job, etc. The posting itself was clearly for over $1000 worth of easily sellable figures. (And I know almost nothing about star wars except that you can barely give away the power of the force figures). He should not have been searching craigslist, but once he was I don't fault him for trying to buy a quick flip of 10x in value. The trap would have been more damning for me if the asking price had been a more substantial, and therefore difficult to acquire, amount of say $500 or $1000.

There were no POTF figures advertised in that lot. POTF are on 92 backs... 65 Backers are the run of the mill ROTJ cards. Chip would have known that because he is a well versed SW collector who no longer posts on Rebelscum for a reason I might add. They were advertised as "not to beat up" (sic) There was nothing in there that would have been worth near $1000 from that advert.

There were no POTF figures advertised in that lot. POTF are on 92 backs... 65 Backers are the run of the mill ROTJ cards. Chip would have known that because he is a well versed SW collector who no longer posts on Rebelscum for a reason I might add. They were advertised as "not to beat up" (sic) There was nothing in there that would have been worth near $1000 from that advert.

Then I stand corrected. 45 vintage figures and a millenium falcon aren't at least $1000? What would you estimate the value of that hypothetical lot?

The value is irrelevant.

He was "too busy" to respond to people that bought from him almost 2 months ago with nothing to show for it, but was able to pounce on a craigslist ad.

He was "fired" from his job and didn't have the means or the time to ship out all those orders, but could set aside time to correspond and potentially meet and purchase a Star Wars collections, which would require even more time, effort, and shipping to part out and sell.

The relevance of the craigslist incident is that it showed he was, again, lying to all the boardies here and, until threatened with negative action here, could not be bothered to respond or perform on his responsibilities.

It's great that you wanna give Chip leeway to make a score on craigslist, but he's doing it with boardie money that he says he doesn't have to ship those boardies items out, with time that wasn't available to keep his promises on this forum.

The value of the phantom SW collection is a distraction to what his actions mean in the grand scheme.

The value is irrelevant.

He was "too busy" to respond to people that bought from him almost 2 months ago with nothing to show for it, but was able to pounce on a craigslist ad.

He was "fired" from his job and didn't have the means or the time to ship out all those orders, but could set aside time to correspond and potentially meet and purchase a Star Wars collections, which would require even more time, effort, and shipping to part out and sell.

The relevance of the craigslist incident is that it showed he was, again, lying to all the boardies here and, until threatened with negative action here, could not be bothered to respond or perform on his responsibilities.

It's great that you wanna give Chip leeway to make a score on craigslist, but he's doing it with boardie money that he says he doesn't have to ship those boardies items out, with time that wasn't available to keep his promises on this forum.

The value of the phantom SW collection is a distraction to what his actions mean in the grand scheme.

I already noted that the significance of the craigslist ad was that he was searching craigslist rather than fulfilling his responsibilities. That is not a good thing. You can't however say the value of the phantom lot is irrelevant. If the lot is worth $300 and will take time to sell then that is far more damning than if the lot is worth $1000 and can be flipped immediately. Neither is good, but the value does have significance. The former makes fulfilling his obligations more difficult by tying up more money and time. The latter potentially makes it easier to fulfill some of his life obligations.

And once again, so I am not seen as a Chip apologist, I think there is more than enough evidence for HOS. The hypothetical star wars treasure trove just makes for some interesting discussion material.