• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Report on Comicseekers Long Box

465 posts in this topic

The fact is, the pics that he supplied are NOT respresentative of the books in the boxes. There is water damage. There is considerably heavier duplication than he advertised. Plenty of reason to return the books in my opinion.

Agreed. I'll post whether or not we come to a mutually agreeable resolution.

Ok, you can argue condition, number, series, etc., etc.

But wasn't his first statement untrue? Didn't he pay filter $100 a box?

He can sell them for a million a box if he can find a buyer for all I care, but why the need for the untruthful statement on his cost?

That is true. Though he also said that he guaranteed duplication of less than five. I can see missing this once, but three times? And NINE copies? And isn't a guarantee a guarantee regardless of whether or not you make a mistake? Regardless, the top sellers on these boards, bend over backwards to preserve their reputation, there is no excuse. That is IF, of course, he doesn't make it right.

It is also interesting that this can't be a simple mistake (or human error as he described it), if *everyone* had tons of water damaged books, *everyone* had multiples of multiples, *everyone* had low grades, etc. etc. etc. To me, this makes the most sense if this were someone who didn't know much about comics, thought they were worth something, and gave a bad description to the lot.

I have not received any sort of response from Sergio yet.

Prediction:

He'll disappear for 8 - 12 months. You won't hear from him & neither will anyone else. Then out of nowhere he'll show back up on the Boards, selling some semi-quality stuff. The cycle will then attempt a repeat.

I know his patterns.

Just trying to warn the multiverse.

Ooo...but luckily we have people here...like me!...who don't ever let stuff like this go...EVER....

You should ask me about Joe Petrilak sometime....

the top sellers on these boards, bend over backwards to preserve their reputation, there is no excuse.

Some of us small sellers go just as far...

(thumbs u

-slym

Yup. Absolutely, right. Didn't mean to imply otherwise. I'm fairly new here, but I've probably bought from 20 or so different sellers, all PERFECT transactions except this one. Lots of 'em little guys like you and me.

Unfortunately as a seller I've tried to sell to five people on that list. None of them came through with the deal. My batting average was very poor on here until my Golden Age sales threads last year.

the top sellers on these boards, bend over backwards to preserve their reputation, there is no excuse.

Some of us small sellers go just as far...

(thumbs u

-slym

Yup. Absolutely, right. Didn't mean to imply otherwise. I'm fairly new here, but I've probably bought from 20 or so different sellers, all PERFECT transactions except this one. Lots of 'em little guys like you and me.

:applause:

-slym

Thanks for this thread. A rational description of the books and excellent photos are appreciated.

I don't see a problem with 3 books having slightly more than 5 copies as it is a small percentage of the long box.

I do see a problem with:

Water damage, that comicseekers stated was not there, is clearly visible in the pictures.

comicseekers stating that he paid $150 for the books and Filter stating a much lower price. Granted comicseekers has claimed that he pulled out the moisture damaged books and that he is selling the 15 boxes for the same amount that he paid for Filter's 20 boxes. If so, that should have been disclosed in the auction text.

comicseekers' description of grades seems a tad overenthusiastic but you probably have grades mostly from VG to VF. Lots more VG than VF and the VF are all spoon.

Frankly, the books are junk and I suspect any book worth selling was culled long before comicseekers aquired them. I think comicseekers could have more honestly described the books and he certainly was incorrect about water damage.

Thanks for this thread. A rational description of the books and excellent photos are appreciated.

I don't see a problem with 3 books having slightly more than 5 copies as it is a small percentage of the long box.

I do see a problem with:

Water damage, that comicseekers stated was not there, is clearly visible in the pictures.

comicseekers stating that he paid $150 for the books and Filter stating a much lower price. Granted comicseekers has claimed that he pulled out the moisture damaged books and that he is selling the 15 boxes for the same amount that he paid for Filter's 20 boxes. If so, that should have been disclosed in the auction text.

comicseekers' description of grades seems a tad overenthusiastic but you probably have grades mostly from VG to VF. Lots more VG than VF and the VF are all spoon.

Frankly, the books are junk and I suspect any book worth selling was culled long before comicseekers aquired them. I think comicseekers could have more honestly described the books and he certainly was incorrect about water damage.

Agreed, the duplication was annoying but was expected, though he did guarantee not more than five. Of course the duplication was always in the titles. And the 1st tier stuff being EXACTLY fifty books, that just seemed a little fishy to me. It is totally a box of junk. But someone will get some use out of them if Sergio wont take them back.

I would return them. Simple as that. If the box was not exactly as represented, you are within your rights to send them back to him.

Hard times is not an excuse to lie and cheat.

Ive been following this mess and something struck me odd. Maybe someone can fill me in.The first time he was put on the probation he came on here and apologized and said how his life was in a shambles and he was left pennyless. O.K. where did he suddenly get the money to buy all these long boxes? And Dale Roberts hit it on the head. Theres no excuse for trying to pawn garbage like that off. Id give stuff like that away to kids at a garage sale actually.

DRX

This struck me as odd as well. Perhaps he bought these a while ago? (shrug) Filter81 can probably provide a date of sale.

Agreed, the duplication was annoying but was expected, though he did guarantee not more than five. Of course the duplication was always in the titles. And the 1st tier stuff being EXACTLY fifty books, that just seemed a little fishy to me. It is totally a box of junk. But someone will get some use out of them if Sergio wont take them back.

hm

(thumbs u

label8121.jpg

You guys definitely got boned. Not too many people rub me the wrong way here but he was one of them.

This is the most disturbing post you've ever made, Nikos... :sick:

:P

I just wanna know how many people "rub him" for him to have a large enough sample to be able to distinguish the wrong way from the right way.

C

Hey, I already know those details... I had your back!

:grin:

Didn't that transaction include a complete set of VALIANTs???

:devil:

-slym (apologises for the in-joke)

Yes, A COMPLETE Valiant collection....except for Unity Red.

(it's not a joke without a punchline....)

And stop spelling "apologizes" like a Limey! lol

You guys definitely got boned. Not too many people rub me the wrong way here but he was one of them.

I just wanna know how many people "rub him" for him to have a large enough sample to be able to distinguish the wrong way from the right way.

C

And where exactly is "here" as used in his post? Was he POINTING while typing? :sick::sick:

(insert obligatory Greek joke here)

:boo:

C