• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where are the good guys in this hobby

19 posts in this topic

Just curious, as a new member in the hobby, instead of bashing the dealers whom you deem to be bad and shed a negative tone on the hobby, why not discuss the "good guys" of the hobby for all of the new and future collectors so that we have good experiences and continue to collect and better the hobby for all. I am sure other collectors would love to hear from their fellow brethren.

Just curious, as a new member in the hobby, instead of bashing the dealers whom you deem to be bad and shed a negative tone on the hobby, why not discuss the "good guys" of the hobby for all of the new and future collectors so that we have good experiences and continue to collect and better the hobby for all. I am sure other collectors would love to hear from their fellow brethren.

I'm a big, BIG fan of me. I love me. I rule. I think you'll find that most everyone here agrees... I'm pretty damned great.

Just remember: to become a member of the Church of Khaos you must tithe 15% of your collection. See your clergyman for details.

There's a thread on these forums that did exactly that. Anyone got a link?

I give a thumbsup2.gif to HeritageComics.com as they are usually spot on when it comes to grading unslabbed books, and a thumbsup2.gif to mycomicshop.com as they are always having sales on Marvel or DC (just depends which week it is) and that's great when you're trying to fill in your back issues to complete a run, and their service and selection is superb. Their grading isn't too bad either.... 893applaud-thumb.gif

In case you're wondering (or just stupid): Yes, I am way better than him.

Who? And yes.....I'm stupid. flamed.gif

You guys are making quite an good impression on the newbie... foreheadslap.gifmakepoint.gif

Good impression? After 3904 posts.......I'm not fooling anyone. Not even a "newbie". tonofbricks.gif

In case you're wondering (or just stupid): Yes, I am way better than him.

Who? And yes.....I'm stupid. flamed.gif

You guys are making quite an good impression on the newbie... foreheadslap.gifmakepoint.gif

I'm totally better than this guy, too. cool.gif

Think you're better than me? sumo.gif

Doug Sulipa at Comic World - stand up guy.

and.....although greggy isn't a dealer...he dabbles. Never had a problem with a comic I got from him.

lighthouse - never dealt with him, but trying to put a deal together. (Thinking maybe if I stroke him a bit here, he'll sell me those books cheap)

soooo....he's a good guy too. grin.gif

Never dealt with me???????

Geez....

Between my Overstreet deal, my imaginary sets of 1602, and the Ultimate Spider-Man trades that just happened to fall off a truck as it drove by my house, I thought I had dealt with just about everyone here... foreheadslap.gif

Oh well, I forgive you...

Look for my new trade paperback post on Wednesday... Bound to be some good stuff there...

Or maybe it's just good to be bound... I can never remember... Maybe Khaos knows... tongue.gif

hi.gifflowerred.gif

HighGradeComics.com

Metropolis

Four Color

ComicLink

Harley Yee

Jason Ewart

Heritage

Ebay

Various wonderful Forumites that post in the Marketplace... thumbsup2.gif

I'll add Superworld. Good grading, prices and friendly customer service.

acclaim.gif

I'm a big, BIG fan of me. I love me. I rule. I think you'll find that most everyone here agrees... I'm pretty damned great.

sign-funnypost.gif

To quote Homer Simpson, "It's funny cause it's true!" 27_laughing.gif

Personally, I have had NOTHING but bad luck buying unslabbed comics from Heritage. The first unslabbed book I ever bought from them was a low-grade Action Comics 18. When the book arrived, it turned out to be a front cover to Action Comics 18 taped onto an interior of Action Comics 24 with a back cover from some third random book. The second book I purchased from them unslabbed was a Green Lantern 3. I knew it was low grade when I bought it, but when it arrived the cover was completely separated from the rest of the comic and four interior pages were missing.. None of this was mentioned in the auction listing!

When it comes to slabbed, high grade books though No one, anywhere, has a better selection than Heritage in my opinion! I spend probably 75% of my yearly comic book budget with them, but from now on only on slabbed books!

I would also highly recommend comiclink. The prices are a bit high sometimes but the customer service over there is excellent and shipping times are very fast.

I almost bought a book from Metropolis once but to be perfectly honest found the people who work there to be a little rude..

I haven't dealt with anyone else on the list but if you live anywhere near Rochester, NY I would definitely recommend Wonderland Comics. They are just a local store and don't have anywhere near the inventory of some of those names listed but everyone there is really nice and everything is always priced very low!

The problem with this question (as I've learned) is that you'll find that a great deal of this is subjective... some people have good experiences with some, others have had horrible experiences with the same dealers.

Plus, it's also partially regional who you deal or come in contact with the most...

As for the "good guys"... I've found there are many guys who aren't really bad people, but I wouldn't do any business with them for other reasons....

Good Guys:

Ted Vanliew (arguably the friendliest dealer in comics) www.superworldcomics.com

Bob Storms www.highgradecomics.com

Metropolis www.metropoliscomics.com

Gary Platt

Gary Dolgoff

Zen Comics

Mark Wilson

Doug Sulipa

Lighthouse (of Boards fame)

Michael Carbonaro

... and these are just a few.... there are a lot of good guys in the hobby.

sign-funnypost.gif

To quote Homer Simpson, "It's funny cause it's true!" 27_laughing.gif

To re-quote Homer Simpson, "It's funny cause it's not me!" ... wait... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif