• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official San Diego Comic Con Thread....Final Count, who is going!

155 posts in this topic

Hey John,

I will be stoping by your booth to pick up the books i spoke to Bob about on preview night, but dont let me spend too much money because i will need something for the rest of the weekend :grin:

Does the convention center have any kind of storage space like lockers?

Wondering how to deal with hauling around the exclusives...

No.

Hotel room really the best bet or in the trunk of your car.

They also have an onsite shipping center where you can ship stuff to your home. This is the best option if you fly to the con and don't want to lug a bunch of boxes onto a plane for the return trip.

Does the convention center have any kind of storage space like lockers?

Wondering how to deal with hauling around the exclusives...

No.

Hotel room really the best bet or in the trunk of your car.

They also have an onsite shipping center where you can ship stuff to your home. This is the best option if you fly to the con and don't want to lug a bunch of boxes onto a plane for the return trip.

absolutely correct, the only thing I would add...ship it during the show and do not wait until Sunday night. Sunday night is when all the dealers are shipping home also and can be a long long wait in line! (thumbs u

Yeah, and expect to pay extra for the bubble wrap and shipping supplies. For other shows, I would fold up a Priority Mail flat rate box in my luggage, print off a return label from usps.com for a flat rate box from the con to my address (you'll have to register with usps.com to be able to do this), and then pack it and have my hotel front desk ship it out the last morning of the show. (Either bring tape or borrow it from your hotel) But if you have a LOT to ship, yeah, this won't work. Definitely DO NOT WAIT until Sunday afternoon to ship stuff out.

There are several coat checks outside the exhibit hall that I used during the day. Let's say I bought a ton of Hasbro but physically couldn't carry it all around. For $2 or $3 per bag, I can leave it at coat check 'til 7 pm or so, then I haul it to my car after the show ends for the day. Or haul it to the FedEx center to ship out. You may want to go to fedex.com and get your own account, so at least your shipping rate will be a little less than retail. You still have to pay an extra fee to use that shipping center to drop off a package, but the discount from having your own account can help offset it.

If you are thinking of getting or buying posters at the show, BRING YOUR OWN POSTER TUBE. You can rarely count on buying or getting one at the show, so come with it. Or find the Bill Cole booth and buy a big mylar to carry them flat onto the plane for the ride home.

Ugh, all this thought of lugging around is the reason why I try to get there at the crack of dawn every morning so I can park my mobile locker (aka the car) underneath the convention center. :)

Joel