• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX unrestored ----> CGC restored??

156 posts in this topic

Here are pictures of a submission I made last year. I posted this in May when someone else had a question similar to yours.

pgxgrades.jpg

And here are the books.

adventure337.jpg

adventure334.jpg

hero1.jpg

avengers53.jpg

jla41.jpg

If I would have picked one that I thought would get a 9.6 it would have been the JLA 41.

I'm not saying all PGX books grade higher. I have many that are graded 9.0 and would probably get a 9.0. Some might go down. So these were cherry picked from my PGX books that I had picked up over the years.

Wow! I'd say you hit the jackpot, considering that PGX books are only valued at about 2/3 CGC books. (At best.) So you probably paid less than half price with these books even factoring in resub. Well done!

This is the PGX book I cannot wait to have in a CGC case, even if it is a 9.8 example.

Not a large-value book at all. Just one of my favorite covers with an old-time Batman.

Batman_bgb10.jpg

Even if this had originally been a CGC (not PGX) 10.0, I sincerely doubt it would come back a 10.0 again if you had it regraded - lightning doesn't really strike twice in the same place, you know :)

In regards to PGX specifically, they hand out 9.9's and 10.0's on Moderns like they were going out of business - I've had several 9.9 PGX books come back as 9.6's from CGC. A good example is the Sandman #19 error edition:

- CGC has graded 167 copies, with 121 of them being 9.8's, and nothing higher

- PGX has graded 24 copies, with 14 of them coming back 9.9's, and 2 coming back 10.0's

Nuts.

Sense were talking PGX I have two 9.9 Eagle Judge Dredd Comics #2, #7 Both look very sharp. Now I dont know if they would get a lower grade from cgc, but at least my comics are in VERY nice & sturdy cases! :grin: I would like to say from my past dealings in submitting pgx to cgc have been modern books only & CGC always bumps them up a grade point or two.( and the pgx books were submitted as raw when sent to CGC)

God, what an idiotic name "Platinum Mint"...totally and utterly without meaning.

They might as well have called it "Battery Mint" or "Deoderant Mint" or "SunnyD Mint"...or some other totally random word that has absolutely no meaning to the item at hand.

There are few things I despise more in this world than institutionalized mediocrity and lameness.

Sense were talking PGX I have two 9.9 Eagle Judge Dredd Comics #2, #7 Both look very sharp. Now I dont know if they would get a lower grade from cgc, but at least my comics are in VERY nice & sturdy cases! :grin: I would like to say from my past dealings in submitting pgx to cgc have been modern books only & CGC always bumps them up a grade point or two.( and the pgx books were submitted as raw when sent to CGC)

I'm willing to wager the CGC grading cost of these books that if you do submit them to CGC, they will not come back as 9.9's.

Should it be called "Paris Hilton Mint"....?

How about naming grades after chicks and their "mintness"?

"Megan Fox 9.4"

Megan-Fox.jpg

"Rachelle Leah 9.6"

rachelle-leah-fhm.jpg

"Scarlett Johansson 9.8"

scarlett_johansson.jpg

"This chick 9.9"

teresa-palmer-20071029015230814_640.jpg

And for Roy: "Naomi Watts 10.0"

039.jpg

Megan Fox is a Qualified 9.4 because someone drew all over the cover with a sharpie.

A "Trailer Park 9.4", if you will. :eek:

Megan Fox is a Qualified 9.4 because someone drew all over the cover with a sharpie.

A "Trailer Park 9.4", if you will. :eek:

I figured I'd allow tramp-stamping in grades up to, and including 9.4.

"Megan Fox 9.4" Angelina Jolie wannabe

Megan-Fox.jpg

"Rachelle Leah 9.6" Kim Cattrall wannabe

rachelle-leah-fhm.jpg

"Scarlett Johansson 9.8" I concur

scarlett_johansson.jpg

"This chick 9.9" Jenny McCarthy wannabe

teresa-palmer-20071029015230814_640.jpg

And for Roy: "Naomi Watts 10.0" Sharon Stone wannabe

039.jpg

Fixed that for you. (thumbs u

1) "This chick" looks nothing like Jenny Mc Carthy.

2) Angelina Jolie now has 2 dozen kids, so she's done. Time for her to pass the mantle.

3) Sharon Stone? How dare you. Naomi can actually act, and earned her roles without bruising her knees.

Should it be called "Paris Hilton Mint"....?

"Megan Fox 9.4"

"Rachelle Leah 9.6"

"Scarlett Johansson 9.8"

"This chick 9.9"

And for Roy: "Naomi Watts 10.0"

Great idea. Also to indicate restoration we could refer to a star that has had tons of plastic surgery like Elizabeth Taylor.

So a 9.6 restored would be Rachelle Leah with a Elizabeth Taylor.

How could we indicate pressing?