• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is New Mutants #98 the next Hulk #181?

259 posts in this topic

i got my copy in a pack of random comics sold at costco. i don't know what my grandma paid for that package of comics, but she got me one every month for about 6 months. they were all second tier titles. no uncanny x-men or amazing spidey. i can't remember if they were strictly marvel or not, but if not it would explain where i got my aquaman comics.

I want everyone to know that Pedigree Comics is going to auction off a CGC 9.9 copy of New Mutants #98 next week if any of you are interested.

Thanks for putting that up there. It's actually my book. Been in my safe for a few years now and I just consigned it with Pedigree. It is perfectly centered and the case is perfect. the character has been my favorite for almost 20 years now. I just love his overall design and personality. Thanks for any bids placed by anyone on the forums in advance! :)

I want everyone to know that Pedigree Comics is going to auction off a CGC 9.9 copy of New Mutants #98 next week if any of you are interested.

Thanks for putting that up there. It's actually my book. Been in my safe for a few years now and I just consigned it with Pedigree. It is perfectly centered and the case is perfect. the character has been my favorite for almost 20 years now. I just love his overall design and personality. Thanks for any bids placed by anyone on the forums in advance! :)

I love Deadpool too :cloud9:

Should bring a great price! :popcorn:

Wish you luck!

Wish you luck!

Thanks. The Auction started Yesterday and will end in 10 days. Lots of nice books up on Pedigree right now too. Interesting to see what breaks sales records this month.

Wish you luck!

Thanks. The Auction started Yesterday and will end in 10 days. Lots of nice books up on Pedigree right now too. Interesting to see what breaks sales records this month.

Anyone want to take a guess how much this issue finally sells for? http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=29000 I mean it's almost at $4,000 Now! :o

Wish you luck!

Anyone want to take a guess how much this issue finally sells for? http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=29000 I mean it's almost at $4,000 Now! :o

The book is super mint. I went and bought a fire/water proof safe just for this book. I've had other books like daredevil 1 9.2 hulk 181 9.6 iron fist 14 9.8 spidey 50 9.4 ff 48 9.6 and tons of others but this is the one that pushed to to say "its about that time I buy a safe" I was just so attached to the character. I too think this will be the marvel/dc modern many will want to own. He's a cool character, has a good look and his personality is so different from the rest of the pack and that makes him stand out. I've had several 9.8 copies and as a matter of fact, I bought the first one ever available and had a bidding war for it that ended with a dealer trying to sniper bid me at the last second. Instead of placing 1 large bid, he tried several times and lost it. He emailed me and said "wow, how much was your max bid?" and I just told him.. a lot.. :) I wonder what the sales record for this will be at auction's end..

Hey,I just when to Pedigree Comics,And the New Mutants #98 CGC 9.9 is almost at $5,000 with two hours to go :o

That's just crazy - but good for the seller.

:applause:

if you thought that was crazy, check in now- $12k and still hasn't closed. 25 bagger for the seller in 4 years- that's like putting seed $ into google. congrats.

Hey,I just when to Pedigree Comics,And the New Mutants #98 CGC 9.9 is almost at $5,000 with two hours to go :o

if you thought that was crazy, check in now- $12k and still hasn't closed. 25 bagger for the seller in 4 years- that's like putting seed $ into google. congrats.

Dude,I knew a CGC 9.9 copy would go for alot,but $12,250 :o

Its great for the seller,but I'm worry about the buyer :insane:

That has just exceeded the ridiculous level beyond any reality.

I like the character like any other fan, but THAT book for so much? Come on!

That has just exceeded the ridiculous level beyond any reality.

I like the character like any other fan, but THAT book for so much? Come on!

I love Deadpool as much as any other fan,but come on $12,250 for a CGC 9.9 :screwy:

I got home and when I went to look at the auction end price, I almost had a heart attack. I was hoping to to see it reach a decent amount but that exceeded what I was even dreaming for. The bidding war was crazy at the end. Apparently, there were quite a few people gunning for it. I'll be sorry to see it go but for what it pulled in, I'll learn to deal with it. :)