• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHAT ~ Photobucket deleted my "offensive" comic book material?!

54 posts in this topic

So, I open up Photobucket this AM and in my 'newest uploads' I see this:

Archie271stock.jpg

:o ... :screwy:

I uploaded perhaps 5 items in the last week -- I'm really not (intentionally) a naughty boy, what could possibly have been soooo offensive that it violated their "terms of use"?!

It took some time to realize, it actually wasn't a new image at all, it simply showed as an 'updated' file due to their deletion of the image. It actually is an image that I've had for a very long time -- wanna know what it was?

Certainly comics related, a comic book cover in fact... it's a kids comic no less, nope it's not The Rifleman either. :eek:

Ok you have been warned...

It was Archie #271, the infamous "birthday present" discussion cover! lol

Clearly, a user must have complained about it, right? I tell ya, there are MANY worse things on Photobucket right now.

Honestly, the "Offensive" comics threads here on the Boards are always a hoot, and of course, are all unintentionally so which is the best part!

Therefore, could someone please re-post that issue since it has be irradicated from my saved images before it is erased entirely from my memory...

Otherwise I'll need to dig out my actual copy. :insane:

Thank you, that is all. -N :grin:

It's also what you name the files.

I had this little guy posted in Photobucket as "coffee_addict," which they deleted.

sFun_coffeeslammer.gif

Once I named it something else, they never bothered with the image again. So it must have been an auto-lookup for certain words that triggered a response because "addict" was in the description.

(shrug)

It's also what you name the files.

Yeah, I realize that, but I don't recall naming it anything other than "Archie #271"?

Besides, it's been in there for a long time...

I'm glad it's BACK now! :grin:

Yeah, photobucket keeps deleting my bananas having sex graemlin. foster-1.gif

I eventually wised up and changed the file name to something besides banana.

There's always this guy.

:roflmao:

ban-bf.gif

I still don't get it. Been staring at the picture for 20 minutes.
If you are being serious, send me a PM and I will explain.

They used to make the wrestling coach teach remedial sex ed at my high school, too. hm