• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - So many celebrity deaths so quickly

20 posts in this topic

I can't ever recall seeing so many very famous people die so quickly, one after the other. These were not minor stars, these are (or were) extremely famous people.

Between June 23 and July 4 (11 days) all of these people died:

Ed McMahon (30 years on Tonight Show, plus Star Search, Publishers Clearing, etc.)

Farrah Fawcett (most famous poster of all time, most famous Charlie's Angel)

Michael Jackson (as famous as Elvis and the Beatles)

Billy Mays (most famous TV pitchman ever ..... by far)

Karl Malden (7 decade film career, 21 years as spokeman for American Express credit card)

Steve McNair (superbowl QB, 3 time pro bowl QB)

RIP people :angel:

There was another "b-list" celebrity that died recently...I forget his name but he was a comedian who did impressions mainly on the Tonight Show.

I've only heard of two of 'em.

Because the thing you call "football" is what we call "soccer"

You'd have to watch American TV to know Ed, Billy & Steve

And old movies to know Karl

Also died...

Drake Levin

Molly Sugden

Anna Morrow

Fred Travalena

Fayette Pinkney

Gale Storm

Jackie Washington

Sky Saxon

OK, these guys, I never heard of any of them, except I think Fred who was a comedian (I think)

Also died...

Drake Levin

Molly Sugden

Anna Morrow

Fred Travalena

Fayette Pinkney

Gale Storm

Jackie Washington

Sky Saxon

OK, these guys, I never heard of any of them, except I think Fred who was a comedian (I think)

Yep...he was the guy I was trying to think of that played on Tonight Show

Also died...

Drake Levin

Molly Sugden

Anna Morrow

Fred Travalena

Fayette Pinkney

Gale Storm

Jackie Washington

Sky Saxon

From Wikipedia....

Drake Maxwell Levinshefski (August 17, 1946 – July 4, 2009) was an American musician who performed under the stage name Drake Levin. He was best known as the guitarist for Paul Revere & the Raiders.

Mary Isobel 'Mollie' Sugden (21 July 1922 – 1 July 2009) was an English comedy actress best known for portraying the saleswoman Mrs. Slocombe in the popular British sitcom Are You Being Served? from 1972 to 1985. She later reprised this role in Grace & Favour, which ran from 1992 to 1993. Sugden appeared in many other television series, including The Liver Birds and Coronation Street.

Anna Karen Morrow also known as Anna K. Morrow (September 20, 1914 – July 1, 2009) was an American model turned film and television actress.

She appeared in such films as The Price of Fear, The Wrong Man and It Happened in Athens. On the soap opera Peyton Place, she played Mrs. Chernak. She appeared on various other television programs as well as onstage on Broadway in the play Red Gloves.

Fred Travalena (October 6, 1942 – June 28, 2009) was an American entertainer, specializing in comedy and impersonations.

Bronx, New York-born and Long Island-raised, Travalena moved to Los Angeles and developing a multi-faceted career with his characterizations of visible public figures.

His television credits began in the 1970s, as a regular performer on The ABC Comedy Hour and the Dean Martin Roasts. He had several voice credits on cartoons, as well as appearances on nationally-broadcast children's programs. Mr. Travelena made many guest appearances on game shows and dramatic programs in the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s. In the mid-1980s he hosted the game show Anything For Money, a game where contestants attempted to guess how much money it would take an ordinary, unsuspecting person to participate in a silly stunt. He appeared in the series premiere of the short-lived 1991 sitcom Good Sports with Ryan O'Neal and Farrah Fawcett.

Fayette Pinkney (January 10, 1948 – June 27, 2009) was an African American singer from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She was one of the original members of the female soul group The Three Degrees.

Josephine Owaissa Cottle (April 5, 1922 - June 27, 2009),[1] better known as Gale Storm, was an American actress and singer, who starred in two popular television programs of the 1950s, My Little Margie and The Gale Storm Show.

Jackie Washington (November 12, 1919 — June 27, 2009[1]) was a Canadian blues musician.

Born and raised in Hamilton, Ontario, Washington became Canada's first black disk jockey in 1948, at CHML in Hamilton. His first release as a solo blues artist was Blues and Sentimental in June 1976. In addition to his own albums, Washington appeared on recordings by Duke Ellington, Lionel Hampton, Joni Mitchell and Gordon Lightfoot. He had also been a regular performer at many Canadian folk and blues festivals, several of which have named awards in his honour.

Sky "Sunlight" Saxon (August 20, 1937[1] – June 25, 2009) was an American rock and roll musician who was best known as the leader and singer of the 1960s Los Angeles garage rock band The Seeds.