• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manufactured Gold

2,576 posts in this topic

If Matt were to refuse, I see no reason why CGC shouldn't publicly denounce what he's doing the same way they did when Ewert was trying to pass off restored books as unrestored, and the same way they did when Comic-Keys was doing the same.

The difference is that Matt isn't submitting the books. The customer that paid Matt to restore his/her book is submitting it. Once Matt restores a book and ships it back to the customer, he has no idea if that customer is going to submit the book to CGC, and therefore can't be accused of trying to pass off restored books as unrestored. If you think about it, Matt has no obligation to send the labels in at all.

Why is Matt the only person people are pointing fingers at? confused-smiley-013.gif

I assume you're asking that in a general sense, and not directing it at me. I'm not pointing a finger at Matt at all. I don't have a problem with Matt.

Nope not directed at you, just a general question. Why is it that when something is suspicious about a book, the first name that pops up is Matts?

Again not directed at you, so anyone feel free to answer.

Why is Matt the only person people are pointing fingers at?

If this was being directed at me, then I think I need to reword my previous posts. I certainly don't mean to point fingers at Matt at all. He's restored a few books for me in the past, he's always been very pleasant to deal with, and always been willing to answer any questions I have on the subject of restoration. I have absolutely nothing against Matt at all.

What I was trying to say above was that IF Matt is performing restoration that is continually getting past CGC undetected, then there is a problem that should've been addressed by both Matt and CGC prior to now. But as I said, I don't believe for one second that this is happening.

These books are being put in blue labels because that is where CGC feels they belong.

If Matt were to refuse, I see no reason why CGC shouldn't publicly denounce what he's doing the same way they did when Ewert was trying to pass off restored books as unrestored, and the same way they did when Comic-Keys was doing the same.

The difference is that Matt isn't submitting the books. The customer that paid Matt to restore his/her book is submitting it. Once Matt restores a book and ships it back to the customer, he has no idea if that customer is going to submit the book to CGC, and therefore can't be accused of trying to pass off restored books as unrestored. If you think about it, Matt has no obligation to send the labels in at all.

These comments are worded as a statement of fact. Will Matt not submit his clients books directly to CGC if they request him to do so?

I really have no idea, and was wondering if this is a policy that Matt has.

These books are being put in blue labels because that is where CGC feels they belong.

Didn't Matt himself say if he submitted a disassembled book CGC would PLOD it.

So who should I blame? Matt for submitting his funny books, or CGC for not caring it was worked on?

Ze-

Nope not directed at you either flowerred.gif

Just a general statement.

Matt provides a service. Different people sent him books to be serviced and I dont think he is the only one out there. It just seems that every time I read about a book that has been worked on and resubbed, fingers are usually pointed in Matts direction.

How about pointing fingers at someone else and finding out who is the submitter/s for once 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

These comments are worded as a statement of fact. Will Matt not submit his clients books directly to CGC if they request him to do so?

Matt will submit books for customers if they'd like. Whether he submits them "directly", or through his cousin in Fresno, I have no idea. In fact, I have no idea if he has a cousin in Fresno.

Does anyone know if Susan will submit books to CGC for customers after she's worked on them?

Matt will submit books for customers if they'd like. Whether he submits them "directly", or through his cousin in Fresno, I have no idea. In fact, I have no idea if he has a cousin in Fresno.

Does anyone know if Susan will submit books to CGC for customers after she's worked on them?

I'm confused. You made the following statement:

"The difference is that Matt isn't submitting the books. "

Then you followed up with :

"Matt will submit books for customers if they'd like. "

In other words.....there is no "difference"? confused.gif

Regardless of whether Matt submits a book for a customer, or the customer submits it him or herself, the big difference is that Matt doesn't own the books. Nor does he make the decision as to whether to send it to CGC. Danny and Jason did own the books, and did decide to send them to CGC. Seems like a big difference to me.

Regardless of whether Matt submits a book for a customer, or the customer submits it him or herself, the big difference is that Matt doesn't own the books. Nor does he make the decision as to whether to send it to CGC. Danny and Jason did own the books, and did decide to send them to CGC.

But what about the books he does own that he works on & submits? confused.gif

I'm not trying to compare him to Ewert or Danny, I'm just pointing out that your comments were presented as a statement of fact...and were in essence untrue.

Regardless of whether Matt submits a book for a customer, or the customer submits it him or herself, the big difference is that Matt doesn't own the books. Nor does he make the decision as to whether to send it to CGC. Danny and Jason did own the books, and did decide to send them to CGC.

But what about the books he does own that he works on & submits? confused.gif

I'm not trying to compare him to Ewert or Danny, I'm just pointing out that your comments were presented as a statement of fact...and were in essence untrue.

Have any of the books in this thread been traced back to having been purchased by Matt before the resto took place, or sold by Matt after the resto was done? Do we even know if Matt submits books that he owns and has worked on? If not, I'm not sure why you're asking the question.

Are you suggesting that Matt doesn't own any of the books he works on & submits to CGC?

Now you're just being silly... flowerred.gif

I'm sure Matt submits books he's pressed and wants to sell on eBay. But if you're talking about books he owns and restores, why would Matt waste the $$ submitting them to CGC? If he wants to sell such a book, he's certainly more qualified to detail what work was done, because he did the work. What does he need CGC for?

Do we even know if Matt submits books that he owns and has worked on? If not, I'm not sure why you're asking the question.

Yes, he does.

And he claims that if you ask him what was done to a book before he submitted it, he will give you the precise details.

yeahok.gif