• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manufactured Gold

2,576 posts in this topic

Bob has not yet been paid in full for the books, and until he is I will not be paid for them. Bob was careful to inform me of his occasional reliance on time payments from well-established customers, so it did not come as a surprise and I am OK with the time payment aspect. The surprise is seeing a bunch of the books for sale on other web sites in fresh holders with higher grades, and it is more than a little ironic that should a couple of them sell quickly, the proceeds will help the resubmitter make his time payments.

If you haven't been paid and are PO'd at the whole situation, why don't you just ask for your comics back?

I know I would be beside myself that someone manipulated and is trying to flip one of my comics before I was paid in full... screwy.gif

Jim

Bob has not yet been paid in full for the books, and until he is I will not be paid for them. Bob was careful to inform me of his occasional reliance on time payments from well-established customers, so it did not come as a surprise and I am OK with the time payment aspect. The surprise is seeing a bunch of the books for sale on other web sites in fresh holders with higher grades, and it is more than a little ironic that should a couple of them sell quickly, the proceeds will help the resubmitter make his time payments.

If you haven't been paid and are PO'd at the whole situation, why don't you just ask for your comics back?

I know I would be beside myself that someone manipulated and is trying to flip one of my comics before I was paid in full... screwy.gif

Jim

If I understand Namisgr's post correctly, title/ownership to the books has transferred, even though payment in full has not been received yet, with his prior consent. I don't think he'd be entitled to demand the comics back unless the buyer defaulted on the payment terms.

Jim

If I understand Namisgr's post correctly, title/ownership to the books has transferred, even though payment in full has not been received yet, with his prior consent. I don't think he'd be entitled to demand the comics back unless the buyer defaulted on the payment terms.

That's how I read it as well, because Bob Siman was explained the terms of consignment and was fully aware of the potential for time payments and agreed to it. I'm sure Storms has only been paid in part, and somehow I doubt they said to Bob Storms first, hey, I'm pressing these books and putting them on C-Link before I pay you.

Pressed Amazing Spiderman update:

The books recently purchased from me that have been pressed, cracked, upgraded, and listed on the Link remain unsold. As a heads-up for everyone, the ASM 72 has been listed on Pedigree. This 9.4 book has an asking price of $650, and was purchased from me as a 9.2 for $200 (ironically, by a time payment to the Blazing One, so I have yet to be paid for the book). It was part of the same CGC resubmission as upgraded versions of my ASM 21, 46, 68, 86, and Annual 3, as well as an ASM 5 that did not get a grade bump.

That's just plain brazen. What a pair.

If the Mad Thinker ever got into comic collecting this sounds like a scheme he'd come up with!

foreheadslap.gif

1) Buy 9.0/9.2 comics from Blazing Bob on time payments.

2) Crack them out (!!! Before paying for them !!!) and get them pressed/cleaned/God knows what else.

3) Re-submit them to CGC for 9.4/9.6 grades.

4) Sell them for 300% profit and pay off the time payments.

5) Laugh at the fools! Ma-ha-ha!

Jim

That's how I read it as well, because Bob Siman was explained the terms of consignment and was fully aware of the potential for time payments and agreed to it. I'm sure Storms has only been paid in part, and somehow I doubt they said to Bob Storms first, hey, I'm pressing these books and putting them on C-Link before I pay you.

I'd just start spreading the rumor these comics were some of JE's micro-trimmed books!

devil.gif

Pressed Amazing Spiderman update:

The books recently purchased from me that have been pressed, cracked, upgraded, and listed on the Link remain unsold. As a heads-up for everyone, the ASM 72 has been listed on Pedigree. This 9.4 book has an asking price of $650, and was purchased from me as a 9.2 for $200 (ironically, by a time payment to the Blazing One, so I have yet to be paid for the book). It was part of the same CGC resubmission as upgraded versions of my ASM 21, 46, 68, 86, and Annual 3, as well as an ASM 5 that did not get a grade bump.

That's just plain brazen. What a pair.

If the Mad Thinker ever got into comic collecting this sounds like a scheme he'd come up with!

foreheadslap.gif

1) Buy 9.0/9.2 comics from Blazing Bob on time payments.

2) Crack them out (!!! Before paying for them !!!) and get them pressed/cleaned/God knows what else.

3) Re-submit them to CGC for 9.4/9.6 grades.

4) Sell them for 300% profit and pay off the time payments.

5) Laugh at the fools! Ma-ha-ha!

This is why I seriously doubt Storms would be happy about this.

I'm pretty sure Judge Judy would rip a few new ones if this got to her courthouse.

Not if there were no complaints about the structure of the actual deal: there certainly don't appear to be.

Obviously. No complaint,no case.

poke2.gifBut if the original owner did object,even at this late date,I think JJ would back him all the way.

I'm pretty sure Judge Judy would rip a few new ones if this got to her courthouse.

Not if there were no complaints about the structure of the actual deal: there certainly don't appear to be.

Obviously. No complaint,no case.

poke2.gifBut if the original owner did object,even at this late date,I think JJ would back him all the way.

"If it doesn't make sense, then it isn't true." cloud9.gif

Well...that's a pretty terrible deal then if those are the consignment terms. The consignee is being put in a position of watching his goods being sold by a third party before being paid. He might as well just consigned the comics to the buyer instead of Bob and eliminated the middle man. As well as exerting a little more control in regards to the comics...

It's like selling your car on time payments to a guy who modifies it to run in this weekend's demolition derby in the hopes of winning the grand prize to help pay off the balance.

Though I don't think this'll be answered I'll ask anyway...Bob...has this situation happened before with consignment items?

Jim

Won't answer your statement?

I'm so pissed off reading this *spoon* from you guys I'm beginning to wonder why I even stay on these boards. None of you ever give a good customers books before he's paid in full? I've known this customer over 10 years. He made a deposit and if he defaults I will pay Bob out of my own pocket. And quite frankly having "how I run my business" discussed on the boards is a bit uncalled for. In almost all cases of timepayments I have the books until they are paid for. In this case I "trust" the buyer will pay when he states. If the books weren't pressed this wouldn't even be discussed.

As for declaring this on my website what would you like stated.

Consignment books could be up for sale on another site in higher grades before you are paid for your books.

Jim

I'm very surprised that the books would be shipped to the buyer before full payment. That doesn't make much sense. I thought with time payments the books were put on hold (safekeeping them for the buyer) until the last payment was received and then the books were released. I'm confused. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm so pissed off reading this *spoon* from you guys I'm beginning to wonder why I even stay on these boards. None of you ever give a good customers books before he's paid in full? I've known this customer over 10 years. He made a deposit and if he defaults I will pay Bob out of my own pocket. And quite frankly having "how I run my business" discussed on the boards is a bit uncalled for. In almost all cases of timepayments I have the books until they are paid for. In this case I "trust" the buyer will pay when he states. If the books weren't pressed this wouldn't even be discussed.

Thank you for clearing it up, Bob. thumbsup2.gif

Any succesful business treats their best customers best Bob, you have nothing to explain here. thumbsup2.gif

Any succesful business treats their best customers best Bob, you have nothing to explain here. thumbsup2.gif

ditto

As for declaring this on my website what would you like stated.

Consignment books could be up for sale on another site in higher grades before you are paid for your books.

First...I never asked you to declare anything on your site... screwy.gif

And you didn't answer my question anyway nor did I expect you too. I was wondering if this situation has occurred before with items consigned to you...but I understand if you didn't want to answer...

It's not a question of your business practices...it's the way someone has used those practices, completely out of your control, and has essentually used another member's comics to make a buck before said member has been paid in full for the merchandise.

And this situation has been discussed before with non-pressed books when a Forum member was trying to flip a comic he bought from another member before even getting the comic in their hands. The situation here has nothing to do with the pressing and everything to do with someone using others goods to pad their pockets before those items were fully paid for...

Don't be pissed off at the messenger...be mad at the one who put you in the middle of this mess...

Jim

I don't have to be mad at the person since he's not the one posting about the transaction on the boards.

I can be mad when you make a statement that I probably won't answer something.

But god forbid I don't answer "BIG JIM". I have never had this happen before but then again I don't have a lot of CGC forum consignors. I also don't pay once a month, I pay when the books are sold and Bob has gotten checks from me when I stated I would send them.

Lastly as Bob has already stated he knew this was a time payment arrangement and when he would be paid. And if they were in the same holder on another site or ebay I'm sure none of you would have even cared.