• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"CGC employees are not allowed to..."

804 posts in this topic

To be truthful, no I would not.

I honestly do not think there is any private business out there that broadcast to the public on how they conduct or operate their business. That would be suicide as others would mostly likely try to copy.

CGC would still make money if these forums were not here, if anything, these forums here, benefit us more than it does them. the forum only selling thread for example, how many members have saved listing and final value fees by selling here and not eBay or consignment site? trust me, this is not a symbiotic relationship, be nice to the hand that feeds you. yeah, you could call me a CGC defender, they've been nothing but class and nice to me.

I started my own Liason Committee, consisting of moi...

we know that we are unsure of who Mulder is, and who Scully is, though all signs point to Pirate...

We had an 'FU' match that went on for 3 pages...

Lots of posturing about what CGC should be doing, hoping and praying that they are watching this thread and clarifying their policy, just based on people talking about it on the message board...

ummm

not sure if I missed anything?

:angel:

Completely understood but with anything and everything there are boundaries. All I am saying is that they get crossed a little more often then they should.

I would rather have a some bruised feelings once in a while in return for a clearer understanding of how things work. We got a better understanding. We might not like it, but it was information that would never have been offered voluntarily.

Personally, as paying customers and strictly as a good PR move....I would like to see CGC vastly more transparent in their operations. Collectors here and elsewhere pour bags of money into CGC products. Those products sit in their collections, very often as investments. I do think the customers have a right to ask for clarification about their concerns when they arise.

It's like the guy in the line at the airport screaming at the gate agent that his flight was cancelled and what is she/he going to do for them. I can guarantee very little will be done. I can't tell you how many time that has happened in front of me and the agent said "If I could I would, but there are no other seats on any flights leaving tonight". I walk up ask if she could do anything for me and presto a seat appears because I was not yelling, screaming and demanding she do it.

Again I agree with you but their are ways of asking.

Well, it's not like the guy in the airport, because I'm not screaming, and I'm not threatening anything. Alan began this little sojourn with some private pms, as I understand. Not pushy at all. Alan's not that type of guy at all. All I'm saying is that CGC obviously decided they had less to lose by taking their current position, than by getting into a full explanation. And that's that.

No one said you were. My comment was not directed at one individual but it is the result or accumulation of attitudes over time.

trust me, this is not a symbiotic relationship

Of course it is. Otherwise CGC would have zero incentive to pay for server space, mods, ect and the boards would be shut down. They are a for profit company, not a charity, and garner tremendous benefits from having this place. Anyone who doesn't see the benefits of forming a community for their customer base doesn't know much about business.

Of course it is. Otherwise CGC would have zero incentive to pay for server space, mods, ect and the boards would be shut down. They are a for profit company, not a charity. They get tremendous benefits from having this place. Anyone who doesn't see the benefits of forming a community for their customer base doesn't know much about business.

Here is an example of how CGC benefits as nuch as we do. I have been putting books aside to send in Value Tier. Besides coming up with 30 books I also did not have $600-$900 to spend right now having books graded. Arex and I went in on the submission together. I seriosuly doubt that would have happened if these boards did not exist. We gain and CGC gains.

Of course it is. Otherwise CGC would have zero incentive to pay for server space, mods, ect and the boards would be shut down. They are a for profit company, not a charity. They get tremendous benefits from having this place. Anyone who doesn't see the benefits of forming a community for their customer base doesn't know much about business.

Here is an example of how CGC benefits as nuch as we do. I have been putting books aside to send in Value Tier. Besides coming up with 30 books I also did not have $600-$900 to spend right now having books graded. Arex and I went in on the submission together. I seriosuly doubt that would have happened if these boards did not exist. We gain and CGC gains.

It's not that we don't benefit from these boards. It's just that I don't believe hosting these boards is an act of altruism.

Completely understood but with anything and everything there are boundaries. All I am saying is that they get crossed a little more often then they should.

I would rather have a some bruised feelings once in a while in return for a clearer understanding of how things work. We got a better understanding. We might not like it, but it was information that would never have been offered voluntarily.

Personally, as paying customers and strictly as a good PR move....I would like to see CGC vastly more transparent in their operations. Collectors here and elsewhere pour bags of money into CGC products. Those products sit in their collections, very often as investments. I do think the customers have a right to ask for clarification about their concerns when they arise.

It's like the guy in the line at the airport screaming at the gate agent that his flight was cancelled and what is she/he going to do for them. I can guarantee very little will be done. I can't tell you how many time that has happened in front of me and the agent said "If I could I would, but there are no other seats on any flights leaving tonight". I walk up ask if she could do anything for me and presto a seat appears because I was not yelling, screaming and demanding she do it.

Again I agree with you but their are ways of asking.

Didn't you nearly cause a riot at the Post office this morning? :baiting:

I PMed pedigreeman and asked him if he was interested in the book. As a collector of one-of-a-kind pedigree books I know the thrill of adding a book to your collection that you really want. I was simply trying to help out a fellow collector get a book he advertised he was looking for. I have never listed any books for sale in the marketplace, nor do anything as a commercial dealer. I was just trying to help out another collector.

Nice response West.

I cannot believe Pedigreeman's move. First he starts this whole thread knowing he has this already print-screened, then waits for the apporpriate time to post it, hoping to drop a shocking bombshelll. What a totally classless spoon.

Did you PM West about this Pedigreeman? Did you PM him the same questiuons you brought up on the board/ If so it would be nice to see those "Private"

Alan is actually a great guy, but I agree that was kind of a move.

(thumbs u Very classless move on his part

Wow,

Sounds like a sting to me.You hook a brother up with a book and then he s.... on you.As was said a classless move(and that is being extremely kind)

D

This sounds like the perfect scenario why the Liaison Committee was created. To approach Steve and Co. with this issue to try and fill in whatever gaps there might be between what people perceive, and what is in fact reality.

But I know it's more fun to speculate, so I will shut up get back to work.

:busy:

Ze-

And what if Steve has already been asked to clarify? And has done so? But somebody is taking a straw-poll of how the customer feels about the issue?

Would that be OK with you? (shrug)

When my dad worked as a apraiser with the FHA he was unable to spectulate on houses.He was able to own the one we lived in.In my opinion this is the way it should be in the comic grading business.The graders shouldnt be able to sell comics.Even raw.

rantrant I think he should have been forced to sell his home and have his family live on the streets! :)

Alrighty then.There seams to be one in every crowd.

If CGC doesn't benefit from these forums....why don't they shut them down?

if that happened, arch and dena would be out of a job. :sorry:

Come on, you never saw CGC as a long-term career path for those two, did you?

If CGC doesn't benefit from these forums....why don't they shut them down?

if that happened, arch and dena would be out of a job. :sorry:

Come on, you never saw CGC as a long-term career path for those two, did you?

That didn't seem very nice.