• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"CGC employees are not allowed to..."

804 posts in this topic

The funniest part of this entire thread is that most people posting in it and screaming for clairification probably have no idea what their own employee manual says.

Here's a page from my employee manual:

duh.jpg

Sorta goes with this:

allselect1.jpg

:acclaim:

Hopefully there's another All Select #1 in my diapers!

The funniest part of this entire thread is that most people posting in it and screaming for clairification probably have no idea what their own employee manual says.

My manual says whatever my wife tells me it says. Subject to change at a moment's notice and sometimes not based on any iota of reality.

doh! Wrong manual, that's my marriage manual.

Looking at this from a host to guest perspective, as guests on these boards we are invited into CGC's home and some act like spolied brats complaining about: the meal, the way the table was set, not enough food, food is too hot, too cold, we had to drive far to get here, I hate fish, whens desert, etc.

Improper etiquette...to say the least.

Worst...analogy...ever.

How are we guests? On this board, perhaps... but in the larger picture, WE'RE paying for the meal...!! We pay all of the salaries of CGC employees. We provide the necessary funds for this board to even exist. If we're not getting what we paid for, which is impartial, objective third-party expertise and *professional* behavior on the part of CGC employees, we have every right to complain.

If this board didn't exist, the "complaints" and concerns being aired here would be voiced elsewhere. This just happens to be the most appropriate and centralized place to present them.

Don't chastise the "guest" if he's bringing the wine, the main course, the salad and the dessert.

Ever heard the old saw "the customer is always right"? Sure, in this case the customers are far-flung and in various opposing camps to some extent. But we're STILL the customers.

so much so, that it would appear that their continued involvement in Comics General issues may cease altogether. I think it's safe to say that the Boards themselves will remain intact, but any involvement on the part of CGC in any official capacity (except for continued moderation) will no longer take place.

:(

All because of a move by a board member. Seriously. Unfreakin real. Borock and the gang are great guys and great contributers to these boards, but because someone felt the need to make a classless move.. we lose a handful of great and knowledgeable guys.

Not you MK but, now everyone who was complaining about all the conjecture going on is now going to speculate that CGC will stop participating in the forums? :screwy: Then everybody gets angry over something that may or may not happen. People point fingers, :blahblah:

Maybe I've glossed over it but I just continue to get the feeling that this thread's real purpose is to get clarification of CGC policy on selling/slabbing by employees. Like Red Hook pointed out, CGC sells trust. When your customers are asking for information that increases that trust, I find it hard to figure out those who lambast the people asking.

Exactly. The notion that a "troublemaker" among CGC's customer base has somehow driven CGC employees off these boards is ludicrous. CGC created the problem at hand, and now some are trying to create the impression that CGC is the victim here? Laughable.

If CGC doesn't benefit from these forums....why don't they shut them down?

I would say we(collectors) benefit more then they ever would. :)

Then you are graphically displaying your ignorance of how marketing works, particularly in the online world.

If you really think CGC's motive for hosting these boards is entirely altruistic, you're in serious denial.

They may be a private company, but that doesn't mean they're a non-profit company... they're overriding objective, like any for-profit company, is to make money. Beyond is exactly right - if CGC didn't derive benefits from hosting these forums, they'd shut them down in a heartbeat.

Soooo,

I just got caught up this morning and what have I learned? That some things never change. doh!

Why is it that everytime a board member(s) catches something not jiving with a CGC policy or asks some good tough questions regarding a CGC policy, it always seems to trickle down that Steve B. is "frustrated"...with the wrong party!

It seems awful pouty to me for him to say that CGC employees will not participate in CG anymore over this. Sort of a "I'm taking my toys and going home attitude". So, what's so frustrating about this?

That Alan asked some good questions? That Alan exposed a CGC employee doing something Steve had previously said was a no-no? That now, to protect that employee, CGC will fall back to their FAQ section and trump out the "commercial" term, thus calling into question Steve's earlier statements? That when CGC employees make clarification statements it paints them into a corner to get picked apart when those statements get contradicted later by actual events and actions?

It really ticks me off. I don't owe anybody anything here and I feel free to say what I feel. I paid my $99 CS fee, so I don't want to hear any boo hoo from the CGC defenders on this one. I don't have to bend over and take it. If you guys want to, then good for you. (thumbs u

I like CGC as a company. I like buying the product. I want them to continue to be extremely successful. I don't think anything sinister is going on here. I do think a policy had been violated (even though it now seems to be evolving as I type). I don't think anyone needs to lose their head over it. I do think the questoions and concerns voiced are valid. I feel typing concerns here is just as reasonable, if not more, than calling CGC everytime I have concerns. That's great that some people like to call them for answers, but if everyone that has typed in this thread, or for goodness sakes viewed it, called, none of our books would ever get graded. To me, it's much easier to make one statement to all right here and I know they are very aware of this thread.

Also, I'm sick of people claiming instances of innappropriate behavior (by posters) or spouting conspiracy theories, etc. without ever quoting examples or who the heck they are talking about. I'm obviously not seeing what you are and it makes me a bit defensive as for all I know, you're meaning me and I would want to address it as would whoever else you might be citing would.

There's a difference when people say why they think this or that would not be good for public perception and here's why, then saying someone IS doing these things. I saw no one claiming anything other than a CGC employee trying to sell a slabbed book, which wasn't speculation, but fact.

I know some don't like rocking the boat or don't want to rub friends wrong. I know there are personal relationships involved. I know some don't think, even if the rules were violated, it's that big of a deal. Some don't like the way this all came about. That's fine, but IMO you shouldn't denigrate and attack those that raise valid concerns or ask tough questions or make them feel they shouldn't be able to voice themselves here because of those reasons.

rantrant

PS: A little PR could go a long way and I really hope that CGC will realize this one day.

Excellent summary of the situation.

Looking at this from a host to guest perspective, as guests on these boards we are invited into CGC's home and some act like spolied brats complaining about: the meal, the way the table was set, not enough food, food is too hot, too cold, we had to drive far to get here, I hate fish, whens desert, etc.

Worst...analogy...ever.

How are we guests? On this board, perhaps... but in the larger picture, WE'RE paying for the meal...!! We pay all of the salaries of CGC employees. We provide the necessary funds for this board to even exist. If we're not getting what we paid for, which is impartial, objective third-party expertise and *professional* behavior on the part of CGC employees, we have every right to complain.

If this board didn't exist, the "complaints" and concerns being aired here would be voiced elsewhere. This just happens to be the most appropriate and centralized place to present them.

Don't chastise the "guest" if he's bringing the wine, the main course, the salad and the dessert.

Ever heard the old saw "the customer is always right"? Sure, in this case the customers are far-flung and in various opposing camps to some extent. But we're STILL the customers.

:applause:

I'm standing by to see what the CGC employees are going to have to submit to.

Hopefully it isn't anything too harsh. :eek:

Your concern is such a transparent attempt to turn this whole issue around, it's pathetic. What you really mean to say is "see what happens when a few 'bad apples' start asking pertinent questions instead of simply kow-towing? The whole applecart is at risk of tipping over!"

Who else will hold CGC accountable? Oh, right, you don't care - as long as the gravy train runs through your personal trough, anything goes.

Then you are graphically displaying your ignorance of how marketing works, particularly in the online world.

If you really think CGC's motive for hosting these boards is entirely altruistic, you're in serious denial.

They may be a private company, but that doesn't mean they're a non-profit company... they're overriding objective, like any for-profit company, is to make money. Beyond is exactly right - if CGC didn't derive benefits from hosting these forums, they'd shut them down in a heartbeat.

I am in denial?

Dude, you don't know me or anything about me so don't preach to me how ignorant I am about how marketing works.

I'm standing by to see what the CGC employees are going to have to submit to.

Hopefully it isn't anything too harsh. :eek:

Who else will hold CGC accountable? Oh, right, you don't care - as long as the gravy train runs through your personal trough, anything goes.

metaphors were mixing in there at a pace i couldn't keep up with--my inadequacy i'm sure. do an old man a favor: tell me exactily what you accuse bedrock of here, if you don't mind.

I am in denial?

Dude, you don't know me or anything about me so don't preach to me how ignorant I am about how marketing works.

no, but he understands gravy trains and how they run thru troughs; ain't that enuff?

Worst...analogy...ever.

I will respectfully agree to disagree with you on this one.

Let me get this straight. Since we pay the salaries we have the right to act whatever way we feel to get our point across? I am fairly certain that CGC would do well if these boards went away.

Even though I pay them for a service, on these boards I consider myself a guest. If CGC decides to respond or not me jumping up and down or posting away won't change their way of thinking.

Do we have the right to ask questions? Absolutely. How we ask is just as important as what we ask.