• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"CGC employees are not allowed to..."

804 posts in this topic

Looking at this from a host to guest perspective, as guests on these boards we are invited into CGC's home and some act like spolied brats complaining about: the meal, the way the table was set, not enough food, food is too hot, too cold, we had to drive far to get here, I hate fish, whens desert, etc.

Improper etiquette...to say the least.

Looking at this from a host to guest perspective, as guests on these boards we are invited into CGC's home and some act like spolied brats complaining about: the meal, the way the table was set, not enough food, food is too hot, too cold, we had to drive far to get here, I hate fish, whens desert, etc.

best post in a long while! :acclaim: nicely done. (worship)

OK...next time I'll remember to say "Thank You Sir May I Have Another"...

Jim

Jim

(thumbs u

These boards serve multiple purposes. One important one is as a PROMOTIONAL TOOL for CGC's services. These boards generate a tremendous amount of buzz about CGC, their products and their services.

CGC's business would suffer if these boards were shut down. A lot of the criticism directed towards CGC and how they handle their business affairs has come from concerned collectors who want them to get better at what they do......who don't want them to fail. Consider me a member of that group.

CGC sells trust. CGC wants you to have confidence in the trustworthiness of their product and in their procedures. It is fair game for collectors (ie current and potential CUSTOMERS) to ask questions.

This is about business. This is about money. This is about concern about public perception.

Alan (pedigreeman) is one of the most serious collectors I know. He is a very smart guy and so far from being a trouble maker it's ridiculous.

I hope CGC does handle this. I hope this is taken as a warning and not just another annoyance generated by boardmembers with nothing better to do. I have my doubts.

Jim

anim15.jpg:cloud9:

These boards serve multiple purposes. One important one is as a PROMOTIONAL TOOL for CGC's services. These boards generate a tremendous amount of buzz about CGC, their products and their services.

CGC's business would suffer if these boards were shut down. A lot of the criticism directed towards CGC and how they handle their business affairs has come from concerned collectors who want them to get better at what they do......who don't want them to fail. Consider me a member of that group.

CGC sells trust. CGC wants you to have confidence in the trustworthiness of their product and in their procedures. It is fair came for collectors (ie current and potential CUSTOMERS) to ask questions.

This is about business. This is about money. This is about concern about public perception.

Completely understood but with anything and everything there are boundaries. All I am saying is that they get crossed a little more often then they should.

Completely understood but with anything and everything there are boundaries. All I am saying is that they get crossed a little more often then they should.

I would rather have a some bruised feelings once in a while in return for a clearer understanding of how things work. We got a better understanding. We might not like it, but it was information that would never have been offered voluntarily.

Personally, as paying customers and strictly as a good PR move....I would like to see CGC vastly more transparent in their operations. Collectors here and elsewhere pour bags of money into CGC products. Those products sit in their collections, very often as investments. I do think the customers have a right to ask for clarification about their concerns when they arise.

Anyway, CGC gave their answer, as best they could. Nothing much left to be said.

so much so, that it would appear that their continued involvement in Comics General issues may cease altogether. I think it's safe to say that the Boards themselves will remain intact, but any involvement on the part of CGC in any official capacity (except for continued moderation) will no longer take place.

:(

All because of a move by a board member. Seriously. Unfreakin real. Borock and the gang are great guys and great contributers to these boards, but because someone felt the need to make a classless move.. we lose a handful of great and knowledgeable guys.

Not you MK but, now everyone who was complaining about all the conjecture going on is now going to speculate that CGC will stop participating in the forums? :screwy: Then everybody gets angry over something that may or may not happen. People point fingers, :blahblah:

Maybe I've glossed over it but I just continue to get the feeling that this thread's real purpose is to get clarification of CGC policy on selling/slabbing by employees. Like Red Hook pointed out, CGC sells trust. When your customers are asking for information that increases that trust, I find it hard to figure out those who lambast the people asking.

I would rather have a some bruised feelings once in a while in return for a clearer understanding of how things work. We got a better understanding. We might not like it, but it was information that would never have been offered voluntarily.

Personally, as paying customers and strictly as a good PR move....I would like to see CGC vastly more transparent in their operations. Collectors here and elsewhere pour bags of money into CGC products. Those products sit in their collections, very often as investments. I do think the customers have a right to ask for clarification about their concerns when they arise.

It's like the guy in the line at the airport screaming at the gate agent that his flight was cancelled and what is she/he going to do for them. I can guarantee very little will be done. I can't tell you how many time that has happened in front of me and the agent said "If I could I would, but there are no other seats on any flights leaving tonight". I walk up ask if she could do anything for me and presto a seat appears because I was not yelling, screaming and demanding she do it.

Again I agree with you but their are ways of asking.

And when someone crosses those boundaries they get suspended or expelled... :makepoint:

Outside of the way this thread started, some very valid questions were asked about CGC. No Board is a shiny happy world when you're talking about a hobby in which people are passionate about. CGC has a place at the table in this hobby. As a result they get showered with praise in some corners...but they also have to answer the tough questions when asked. Can't take the good and ignore the bad. If you do, trust in the company falls and it appears as if they have something to hide...

No company operates in an unquestioned environment...the good ones are able to answer those questions in a confident and straightforward manner...

Jim

It's like the guy in the line at the airport screaming at the gate agent that his flight was cancelled and what is she/he going to do for them. I can guarantee very little will be done. I can't tell you how many time that has happened in front of me and the agent said "If I could I would, but there are no other seats on any flights leaving tonight". I walk up ask if she could do anything for me and presto a seat appears because I was not yelling, screaming and demanding she do it.

Again I agree with you but their are ways of asking.

Well, it's not like the guy in the airport, because I'm not screaming, and I'm not threatening anything. Alan began this little sojourn with some private pms, as I understand. Not pushy at all. Alan's not that type of guy at all. All I'm saying is that CGC obviously decided they had less to lose by taking their current position, than by getting into a full explanation. And that's that.

And when someone crosses those boundaries they get suspended or expelled... :makepoint:

Outside of the way this thread started, some very valid questions were asked about CGC. No Board is a shiny happy world when you're talking about a hobby in which people are passionate about. CGC has a place at the table in this hobby. As a result they get showered with praise in some corners...but they also have to answer the tough questions when asked. Can't take the good and ignore the bad. If you do, trust in the company falls and it appears as if they have something to hide...

No company operates in an unquestioned environment...the good ones are able to answer those questions in a confident and straightforward manner...

Jim

Not always.

Then why did you not work for that when you were and "active" part of the committee?

Instead you spent your time having envy of FFB and got nothing done!

What would you like to see done?

Nothing is going to get done until or if CGC decides they want to. End of story.

Then why did you not work for that when you were and "active" part of the committee?

Everything you've been asking for.

So you think that if the Liaison Committee had gone to CGC and said, "Could you please clarify for us little folk what your policies are about employee buying, selling and submission of CGC books?", you would have gotten a nice little press release the next day, and gotten invited down for a tour?

I doubt you would have gotten anything more than you have.

And as an aside, try getting two lawyers together for a teleconference. Try herding cats.

Me? I'm always here (dammit).

Everything you've been asking for.

So you think that if the Liaison Committee had gone to CGC and said, "Could you please clarify for us little folk what your policies are about employee buying, selling and submission of CGC books?", you would have gotten a nice little press release the next day?

I doubt you would have gotten anything more than you have.

You'll never know unless you try. (shrug)