• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what book is the Amazing Fantasy 15 from the modern/copper age?

130 posts in this topic

Wolverine Mini Series #1!

(worship)

^^

(worship)

^^

Next thing we'll have are prepubescent questions from noobs like :

"Who would win a fight between Cecil the Seaserpent and JoeCollector ?"

(worship)

^^

Cecil.

(worship)

^^

:roflmao:

(worship)

^^

hm tough question - on land or in the sea?

I'm hoping Deathmate #1 since I have ten mint copies I lucked into.

Which one is #1? hm

Probably not the ones I've got. I own 3 shortboxes of late 80's, what some might call "drek", that I purchased on an impulse, and to cherry pick some silver and bronze out of it.

Mine are shiny silver. Probably pretty rare (thumbs u).

Edit: On closer inspection, no number at all, it's the epilogue. Not nearly as eath-shattering. I'll pick Bloodstrike #1 instead, I've got too many of those too.

There will never be an Amazing Fantasy 15 from the modern age.

There are no more original characters to be had.

Not true--take a look at TMNT #1. That's an original book with an original cast of characters--it's just not from mainstream comics of the time. I've pegged this as the next Blue Chip club entrant for a number of reasons:

1. Extremely low distribution. Detective27kid and I have talked a bit over in the AF 15 Club thread in the SA Forum, and his main contention with AF 15 ever coming close to catching up with the Batman and Superman keys has to do with its common availability. TMNT #1, however, has a very small population. And then let's consider how many of the 3,000 books are still unrestored hm Not saying it'll ever come close to surpassing the Big 3, but I do think it'll earn itself a place in the clubhouse.

2. Mainstream Acceptance. Heck! How many of you knew there was a comic book that PRECEDED the tv show and toys? I know I didn't as a kid, but as an adult, this book became one that I knew I wanted to try to get some day. Supes, Bats, and Spidey are here to stay because they've transcended Geek Culture and moved into regular, mainstream Popular Culture and have staying power. I think considering the movies, tv shows, toys, video games, and comic treatments of the TMNTs, I think it's safe to say they've jumped through this hurdle pretty solidly.

3. Although this is an early CA book, it has already been in the market now for roughly 25 years so we have sufficient data to look at it and make some determinations on its prospectability as we might other books in this category. Bottomline, it's proven to be a solid performer in terms of value. I say this not to treat it like a stock, but instead to show that if this is a book you're looking to buy for your collection, you want to be smart about it.