• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM My Green Lantern #1

29 posts in this topic

Does the bottom staple have rust?

Good spot, it does look dark with maybe a touch of migration. I'd go for a 5.0 if that bottom staple isn't rusty. Definitely no 6.0 though.

I bought this book from Metropolis as a 6.0 and i think is not quite that.A bit dissapointed so I wanted to see what you guys had to say on it..

Thanks for any opinions

Metropolis is known for overgrading their own books.

Be careful buying raw books from them. BaltimoreLauren has a HORRORstory to tell about buying from them. She purchases an Archie comic in Metro 5.0 or 6.0 (can´t remember), sent it to cgc and it came back a 1.5 with brittle pages.

I´m sure this isn´t always the case, but their books always turn out to be lower than they grade them.

Very nice book though (thumbs u

Glad to see you got the book you wanted Jerry (thumbs u

Thanks man,looks like i may have gotten a bit scrwed on the price a bit..i have contacted thm to see what they are gonna do 4 me on it

I bought this book from Metropolis as a 6.0 and i think is not quite that.A bit dissapointed so I wanted to see what you guys had to say on it..

Thanks for any opinions

Be careful buying raw books from them. BaltimoreLauren has a HORRORstory to tell about buying from them. She purchases an Archie comic in Metro 5.0 or 6.0 (can´t remember), sent it to cgc and it came back a 1.5 with brittle pages.

I´m sure this isn´t always the case, but their books always turn out to be lower than they grade them.

Thanks on both statements.I never bought from them and i dont think i will again.Cant give this book a 6.0 even on a generous cgc day..

Thanks for any opinions

It's been an equally-split hit-and-miss in my experience with them. I've returned several to them with no hassle at all. The books I still have that they graded strictly are gorgeous, at least. Hope you're albe to work something out - I hate being let-down with a new purchase so can sympathize.