• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MileHighComics......

38 posts in this topic

I think that's a prog in the CGG boards, like the spoon-filter... I think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120444780384

Yep, I just C&P'd my ASM auction, and it shows up like you see it.

(thumbs u

-slym

Gotcha. I thought it was something that if I clicked to eBay through a CGC link that it would somehow get a percentage of the sale to CGC or some such, the way some sites link to Amazon and get a kickback. But now that I think about that, it doesn't make sense.

this mile high place sounds like the store in my town - Graham Crackers .. you need to be crackers to pay those prices for that . Im not a 9.8 whore or anything but I dont think anything in thier store is better than 7.0 or less . Mile High watch out you have competition.

i love, love, love the fact that those dumbfudges call every listing "comics book."

it makes it real easy to filter them out of results

These are handy tips folks :gossip:

Where I come from we usually write those down somewhere.

Wow! That IS a good tip... I usually wade through that .

To be fair that book could easily be pressed into a 8.0/8.5 lol

Still wouldnt be worth more than $50 :P

Actually its worth almost $100 as is. I think price almost doubled if you could get 8.5. I don't remember what Steve B said. The bottom line was it wasn't worth messing with. Although the book presents very nice. The main defect is a back cover crease that barely, barely breaks color.

what price did you have on it? $75?

maybe he's got a 10x multiplier built in to his pricing system

To be fair that book could easily be pressed into a 8.0/8.5 lol

Still wouldnt be worth more than $50 :P

Actually its worth almost $100 as is. I think price almost doubled if you could get 8.5. I don't remember what Steve B said. The bottom line was it wasn't worth messing with. Although the book presents very nice. The main defect is a back cover crease that barely, barely breaks color.

what price did you have on it? $75?

maybe he's got a 10x multiplier built in to his pricing system

Yep. Got it in trade in Knoxville the week before Heroes and now its primetime in Denver. I wonder where the other 4 slabs are? It is a nice copy though, definitely not $750 nice, but it looks like a 9.0 on the front, just that back cover.............

i'm sure charles is factoring in eye appeal in his pricing "model."

if i had only had the balls to ask him wtf he's thinking on his pricing when he was pillaging your booth :frustrated:

if i had only had the balls to ask him wtf he's thinking on his pricing

My guess is it's the old "ask 100 women if they'll have sex with you" law of averages. 99 of them will likely slap your face, but that one that doesn't...

if i had only had the balls to ask him wtf he's thinking on his pricing

My guess is it's the old "ask 100 women if they'll have sex with you" law of averages. 99 of them will likely slap your face, but that one that doesn't...

...might just marry you

GATOR, who got lucky a long time ago

Do they r eally over grade their books?

a better question to ask is "do they really grade their books? "

GATOR, who once bought a NM from them missing half the back cover

Did Gator eat Cal???

lol

-slym (talks in the 3rd person a lot as well...) hm

I did eat a few arbie's roast beef sandwiches for lunch hm

GATOR, who is not sure who he is anymore