• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flash: Rebirth

15 posts in this topic

Ever since the summer hit, Ive only picked up recent GL and GL Corps books if Im close to an LCS...and Im a Marvel collector. The only Marvel books Ive purchased, (excluding HCs) since the buying the last issue of that Secret Invasion fiasco, has been Cap #600 and Cap: Reborn #1. So that says a lot.

Ive been out of the loop a bit and was wondering if this has lived up to the hype. Haven't heard much since all the hoopla about Barry Allen coming back.

If any could throw in their 2c on this...

I'm on the other side of the fence. Unless it picks up soon, I'm about to dump it. It's been massively disappointing.

I was looking at Wizard today (been a LOOONNNNGGG time) and they were showing the variants being the top bread-winners right now. Unless something great comes out this, I just don't see it.

Pat

Johns is probably getting stretched too thin right now with the whole Blackest Night event to keep on track. In addition, they might be waiting for some of the BN events to occur in order to weave them into the Flash Rebirth story line.

That being said, I think it is more difficult making Barry Allen the most relevant Flash now since Wally West has had a 20 year run in that role now. Bringing back Hal as the main GL was much simpler because he was still the quintessential GL in the eyes of fans and his replacement was not overly successful (sorry Kyle Rayner fanboys).

I am not sure it is Johns - had seen at least one interview with Ethan Van Sciver saying that he is working slower than he expected.

What worries me a bit is that there is a planned BN:Flash issue which should come out after the 6th issue of the Rebirth series and if they keep pushing them back, all might end up in a strange order.