• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best reads right now?

29 posts in this topic

I've been out of the comic game for a while now, and wondering what's being put out right now that's worth my time and $$.

A year ago, I was enjoying Daredevil. Still good?

Thanks.

cool someone else from BC (thumbs u

I love Brubaker writing Captain America. grab some trades and catch up. It's one title I always look forward to reading.

Was he writing DD when you were reading it?

Do you ever read DC or indies?

+1

My recommendations echo a lot of what's already been said.

- Green Lantern - probably the best superhero book out there now.

- Daredevil is still great, but not as good as it was last year.

- Iron Fist is good, but also slipping a little.

- Walking Dead is outstanding. Get the omnibus, set aside a weekend, and then start reading. Keep the lights on.

- The Goon is another winner.

- Fables is consistently good. I get TPBs only so every five or six months there's an evening of enjoyable reading.

I love Brubaker writing Captain America. grab some trades and catch up. It's one title I always look forward to reading.

Yeah, Brubaker was writing when I was reading it last. I'm a fan of Batman, and Spidey. I have a stack of bats and spidey issues to catch up on.

I enjoyed reading "Y the last man" while it was going.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

WALKING DEAD,

ECHO,

B.P.R.D.,

HELLBOY,

SWORD,

Brubaker's CAPTAIN AMERICA,

Brubaker's IMMORTAL IRON FIST,

OLD MAN LOGAN story arc,

and plenty of others I'm sure.

Vorhees and I have similiar taste. Concur with all of the above.

Especially with the Sword. This book is killer. Echo doesn't get the love it should either.

Invincible has been really solid too.

Though I'm a massive fan of Fables, the last arc isn't one I'd recommend starting with. Especially since it crosses over with a new series (that I think is over now?)

Scalped is an absolute must if you like dark Vertigo stuff.

Pat

Yeah, Brubaker was writing when I was reading it last. I'm a fan of Batman, and Spidey. I have a stack of bats and spidey issues to catch up on.

I enjoyed reading "Y the last man" while it was going.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

I think I'm gonna start reading spidey again as of issue 600. dropped it earlier this year. batman is always good.

I think I'm gonna go get the first walking dead trade just cause people are constantly recommending it.

I just cut my list back (again).

But, still have DD and Goon on the pull list.

Dropped Fables once it started crossing over with other titles (I'll go trade route there).

Dropped Batman, but did pick up the new Batman & Robin by GM. I'll give it a few issues.

Boys will be coming off next time.

Yeah, the GREEN LANTERN CORPS WAR stuff was good - I'm looking forward to reading BLACKEST NIGHT next year (when I can pick them up cheap as back issues).

And how could I forget the LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN and also THE BOYS.

Have fun!

JLA is right now, but James Robinson will be taking over soon. JSA will have new writers as well. Bill Willingham and Matt Sturges will begin writing with next issue(29).

I'm very interested in Willingham, an old favorite of mine (thumbs u And I picked up Cry For Justice, so ya, figure JLA should be interesting after that is over :)

And how could I forget the LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN and also THE BOYS.

Have fun!

I've read the first two volumes of LOEG and loved them. How is vol. 3. Last year I had trouble getting it here in Canada. Is that still an issue?

zzz Hiyo!

Now I know I have a "rep" (maybe) of being a pro-DC (kind of), but I would say the following...

Final Crisis Aftermath: Dance; Escape; Ink; and Run (DC)

Green Lantern (DC)

Green Lantern Corps (DC)

Jonah Hex (DC)

Secret Six (DC)

Vigilante (DC)

Project Superpowers, Chapter 2 (Dynamite Entertainment Comics)

The Stand, Stephen King: American Nightmares (Marvel)

Unknown Solider (Vertigo/DC)

... are some of the best comic reads out right now!

P.S.

I must though say that I am truly sadden by Mike Kunkel sudden departure from Billy Batson and the Magic of SHAZAM!... which was a really good series!