• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best reads right now?

29 posts in this topic

JLA is right now, but James Robinson will be taking over soon. JSA will have new writers as well. Bill Willingham and Matt Sturges will begin writing with next issue(29).

I'm very interested in Willingham, an old favorite of mine (thumbs u And I picked up Cry For Justice, so ya, figure JLA should be interesting after that is over :)

I was pleasantly surprised with Robinson's Cry For Justice. Green Lantern's response is something I could actually foresee in real life.

I hope JSA improves with Willingham. I just hope it's more Fables than Shadowpact. Shadowpact was okay but got really dull toward the end of his run. I'd hate to end such a long run of JSA.

Pat

DEAD @ 17 AFTERBIRTH by Josh Howard is a good follow-up to his DEAD @ 17 series of mini-series... nice fun reading material with great artwork too. UNCANNY X-MEN has been enjoyable to read, especially the issues with Greg Land / Jay Leisten artwork.

And how could I forget the LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN and also THE BOYS.

Have fun!

I've read the first two volumes of LOEG and loved them. How is vol. 3. Last year I had trouble getting it here in Canada. Is that still an issue?

The BLACK DOSSIER is QUITE the read. You'll surely get your money's worth. As a fellow Canuck I can feel your pain. I did get a copy from LCS several months ago. It should be available to you through normal retail outlets now.

VOL. 4: CENTURY PART I was AWESOME!!!!

My copy of the Black Dossier still sits on the shelf, unwrapped and waiting to be read. Might save it as a Xmas treat to myself.

And then I'll read Century once that volume has finished.

My copy of the Black Dossier still sits on the shelf, unwrapped and waiting to be read. Might save it as a Xmas treat to myself.

It's a little freaky. :eek: I read through half of it in a book shop when it came out.

Wow, no mention of the current Thor run......I'm really digging it, loved the encounter with Stark after Civil War and the cloning gaff.

.....remember Tony you are just a man in a metal suit and I am the God of Thunder.....after he IMP's Tony's armor...sweet stuff.