• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*BEWARE* JIM 98 NM 9.4 *TRIMMED*

22 posts in this topic

seller has this book advertised as NM 9.4, i actually won this book 4-5 years ago. when i received the book it looked funny to me, then i put it on top of another JIM copy and realised the bottom was cropped, not just trimmed but cropped. 893whatthe.gif i sent the book back for a refund, and of course the seller says he never rec'd the book. mad.gif checkout the link and the pic, and you can see how short the book is. LINKY DINKY

seller has this book advertised as NM 9.4, i actually won this book 4-5 years ago. when i received the book it looked funny to me, then i put it on top of another JIM copy and realised the bottom was cropped, not just trimmed but cropped. 893whatthe.gif i sent the book back for a refund, and of course the seller says he never rec'd the book. mad.gif checkout the link and the pic, and you can see how short the book is. LINKY DINKY

Looks like a ComicKeys special

Looks like a ComicKeys special

Everyone has to start somewhere. insane.gif

Supa, the Captain of the Ebay Police, 893applaud-thumb.gif its one of the JIM's I need thanks kudos and all that jazz. Can't believe they made you take down your about me page, where there any direct references to DD? Man they should make him take down those auctions that would be justice. makepoint.gif

I had a similar experience with a well known dealer (I won't mention any names). I bought a more expensive book from them, unrestored. When I got it, it was apparent that it had been trimmed. I contacted the dealer and told them the book was trimmed. The dealer took it back and refunded the money. I watched him sell it two more times on ebay, both times advertised as unrestored and no mention of the trimming. Both times it was returned. He then sent it to CGC, they graded it restored, trimmed and he sold it in the holder.

The picture looks like a really nice copy and I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to bid on it.

It is a shame that Ebay won't let you bid on your own auctions, isn't it?

The picture looks like a really nice copy and I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to bid on it.

It is a shame that Ebay won't let you bid on your own auctions, isn't it?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Dude,

Why are you blaming this guy for your stupidity. And how can you say that it's the same comic? The picture looks like a really nice copy and I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to bid on it.

Sam

This is such a weird coincidence. 'Dude' just happened to have made his first post in defence of one of keyword-spamming-Haytruck's other auctions! He sure must love that seller. Yup, a total shame Dude missed on the chance to buy all of Spammer's books, even the trimmed ones. I wonder if trimmed books are CGC ready? I'll bet Dude knows!

(What happened to maxcon5's missing 4 posts by the way, dude?)

Those would be the four posts where he jumps right into a string of homophobic insults. Apparently that was the only way he could think of to defend himself. Of course, mark/sam wasn't defending "himself." He was just sticking up for "thehaytruck."