• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Want to start collecting Capt America.....

11 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I have been following the current cap series and am completely in love with it. It has made me want to start collecting CAP comics..

Just wondering, what are the "good" runs... Im only familiar with the current series, but are there many good story arcs in the other series??

Thanks a ton,

Tyler

Where to start.... hm

There's all those great GA Cap's. Some were reprinted in Fantasy Masterpieces

There is also the run of Tales of Suspense, # 58-100

There's the Avengers run from # 4-58 (my own personal preference)

Then there's his SA series #101- 113 (my personal preference)

The current Brubaker series is very well written, and the previous series may not be up to what you are looking for, but there's great stuff to be found in the previous versions. (thumbs u

Captain America Comics 1-10...good stuff (thumbs u

Those first 10 issues can also be picked up in reprint form. Kirby goodness. :cloud9:

(thumbs u

Where to start.... hm

There's all those great GA Cap's. Some were reprinted in Fantasy Masterpieces

There is also the run of Tales of Suspense, # 58-100

There's the Avengers run from # 4-58 (my own personal preference)

Then there's his SA series #101- 113 (my personal preference)

The current Brubaker series is very well written, and the previous series may not be up to what you are looking for, but there's great stuff to be found in the previous versions. (thumbs u

Good thing about Volumes 2-4 is you can pick up very nice copies in dollar boxes . I just hit up my local shop and put those sets together for .50 cents for each book in NM

Pick-up the Essentials books for the Silver Age Cap to sample the stories and a couple of cheap readers from the same period to get a feel of the book with a cover, colour, ads and letters page.