• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THREAD CLOSED...

18 posts in this topic

First :takeit: in the thread rules.

Payment methods: PayPal, money order, or check (must clear first).

Shipping: In the U.S., 5.00 (USPS w/ Delivery Confirmation); outside of U.S, we'll work something out.

ASM #36/477...9/11 tribute.

NM-/NM

Was 70.00...

now 55.00 :news:

Triple signed: John Romita Sr., John Romita, Jr., and Bill Straczynski.

Bought from the credible jonjesper here on the boards.

ASM36_477FC.jpg

ASM36_477BC.jpg

New Mutants #98...SOLD.

1st appearance of Domino & Gideon...and, oh yeah, Deadpool.

Previous owner: fellow boardie, nik.

Reason for back cover blurriness: the Punisher was blowing through so much product, it was hard to get a clear look. :whistle:

NM-

NM98FC-1.jpg

NM98BC-1.jpg

G.I. Joe, "A Real American Hero" #21 (as opposed to those fake ones...folks reporting to have served in the military when they really didn't, is, apparently, not that uncommon :sumo:)

1st appearance Storm Shadow; an issue with no words. Wasn't there a Miami Dolphins vs. NY Jets game in the '80s without any announcers? :shrug: Is my metaphor a stretch? Joe would've kicked all their azzes. :sumo:

VG/FN...SOLD.

GIJ21FC.jpg

GIJ21BC.jpg

Iron Man & Sub-Mariner #1...SOLD.

In honor of a fellow boardie currently on a coerced vacation (:gossip: though admittedly he wouldn't be caught dead with this mid-grade copy).

This book is nearly as old as the hills. Forty years in the wilderness. +1. Cal has elaborated on why Iron Man #1 and Sub-Mariner #1 can't hold a candle to this issue, but I can't recall the details. :whistle:

VG/FN

This issue gave me fits when trying to grade it. It presents wonderfully, I'd say VF- at worst, but a half-hearted tape pull on the front cover (through Sub-Mariner's left forearm) qualifies for one of these: :frustrated: And, then, on the inside front cover there is a 1 3/4" piece of tape on the edge. Totally unnnecessary. :frustrated: :frustrated: However, if you haven't owned a copy of this issue or want to re-capture it, this really is a nice copy otherwise. Heck, for the cost of a mere 10 moderns. :whatthe: And its former owner, cd4ever, would endorse pulling the trigger since the X-Men and Aquaman are wholly absent from this issue.

IMSM1FC-1.jpg

IMSM1BC-1.jpg

Detective Comics #359...SOLD.

1st appearance of Batgirl. :luhv:

As you can see, this is an easy 9.6, with an outside shot at 9.8. :kidaround:

Bought as a VG- from a fellow boardie, but I'll play it real safe and say GD+.

18.75 (Current Guide value).

As can be seen from the scans, someone, excited by Batgirl's million dollar debut, spilled their beverage. This was 1967, and the summer of love was fast approaching so you can't really blame the original owner (or whoever the culprit was).

On a more serious note, the large stain on the cover goes to the inside cover and slightly affects the edges of the 1st and 2nd pages; back cover: major staining along right side which is visible in scan. There are also rusty staples with migration to the centerfold. Also, a 1/4" spine split at the bottom is present. The cover and centerfold are secure, though, and it's a great example of a beat but complete copy.

D359FC.jpg

D359BC.jpg

Iron Man & Sub-Mariner #1.

In honor of a fellow boardie currently on a coerced vacation (:gossip: though admittedly he wouldn't be caught dead with this mid-grade copy).

This book is nearly as old as the hills. Forty years in the wilderness. +1. Cal has elaborated on why Iron Man #1 and Sub-Mariner #1 can't hold a candle to this issue, but I can't recall the details. :whistle:

VG/FN

This issue gave me fits when trying to grade it. It presents wonderfully, I'd say VF- at worst, but a half-hearted tape pull on the front cover (through Sub-Mariner's left forearm) qualifies for one of these: :frustrated: And, then, on the inside front cover there is a 1 3/4" piece of tape on the edge. Totally unnnecessary. :frustrated: :frustrated: However, if you haven't owned a copy of this issue or want to re-capture it, this really is a nice copy otherwise. Heck, for the cost of a mere 10 moderns. :whatthe: And its former owner, cd4ever, would endorse pulling the trigger since the X-Men and Aquaman are wholly absent from this issue.

IMSM1FC-1.jpg

IMSM1BC-1.jpg

:takeit: I had to...

Iron Man & Sub-Mariner #1.

VG/FN

IMSM1FC-1.jpg

IMSM1BC-1.jpg

:takeit: I had to...

:winnah:

SOLD!

Thanks, porcupine. :hail:

Detective Comics #359.

As can be seen from the scans, someone, excited by Batgirl's million dollar debut, spilled their beverage. This was 1967, and the summer of love was fast approaching so you can't really blame the original owner (or whoever the culprit was).

On a more serious note, the large stain on the cover goes to the inside cover and slightly affects the edges of the 1st and 2nd pages; back cover: major staining along right side which is visible in scan. There are also rusty staples with migration to the centerfold. Also, a 1/4" spine split at the bottom is present. The cover and centerfold are secure, though, and it's a great example of a beat but complete copy.

D359FC.jpg

D359BC.jpg

:takeit:

Detective Comics #359.

D359FC.jpg

D359BC.jpg

:takeit:

:whatthe:

:winnah:

SOLD!

Fatherhood comes but the Mac Man won't be denied the low grade keys. :lol:

Seriously, congratulations on y'all's precious bundle of joy. :applause:

P.S. Any chance those stains and rusty staples will press out? I promise not to disclose! lol:grin:

:think:

Send it to Hooksy... :baiting:

No waffles for me--I had a bagel and coffee for breakfast! :roflmao:

(Sorry Hooks--Mindworm made me say that :grin: )