• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 247 CGC 9.6

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone.

I just checked my PayPal account this morning.

$114.75 USD was placed on temporary hold from my PayPal balance due to a buyer's bank payment reversal on this book that I sold to him a few weeks ago (Batman 247 CGC 9.6).

I also supplied Canada Post's Tracking information to him earlier.

How is it possible for this to happen?

Can someone fill me in on what I may have neglected to do in this case as a seller?

Or is this just an investigation by PayPal and I'll get to keep the cash once they trace the Tracking info?

Would this have been started by the buyer somehow?

There's been no communication from the buyer so far.

Usually a temp hold is placed when the buyer opens a claim. I know of a few sellers who sent with tracking, it showed that the packagre arrived but they still lost on the buyers claim. Good luck to you, I hope it works out or that I am wrong and that paypal is holding it for some other reason.

Looks like the buyer started an "unauthorized purchase" claim.

Auction ended June 28th, buyer paid for it July 8th, I shipped July 11th (with Tracking)

Good advice, I will call PayPal and talk to a live body.

I'd hate to be out over $100 for this book.

In the meantime, I've placed CAPTAIN1980AMERICA on my blocked bidder's list.

Thanks for the advice.

I called PayPal.

They say the buyer did not place the claim but his financial institution automatically did probably because it's an old account.

Anyway, she told me to keep track of the shipment and when it gets delivered in about a week or so, I am to call PayPal again and they will release the full amount of the funds back to me.

The buyer will then need to take care of his negative PayPal balance on his end.

I've removed CAPTAIN1980AMERICA from my blocked bidder's list.

Looks like I panicked for nothing.....you can tell I don't deal with PayPal problems too much :)

Thanks again for your advice and comments, Boardies.