• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

Yeah...I looked at it. Look close at the spine and lower left area. Lots of spider webs !!

Still nice but not an 8.0.

Yeah...I looked at it. Look close at the spine and lower left area. Lots of spider webs !!

Top and right edges are cut off in the pic...not a good sign...

I am pretty sure I chronicled my search for about the last year or so, for a nice VF or better SC 22... I am, by my nature, a DC man, and when it came to SA keys, I was just more drawn to sc 22 than sc 4 (likely for affordability)...

in my search, I noticed a TON of fr to g/vg copies, but didn't see all that many vg or better copies for sale... so, as my personal search continued, I started picking up any nice vg or better copy (speculating, if you will)... and, well, that part of the story is fairly well chronicled here on the boards (I think I bought and subsequently sold about 14+ copies)...

what also has been alluded to, was that I finally was able to procure that VF copy I was after... I paid STRONG for it, but I felt it was a book that had no place to go but up and gosh darnit, I had been making offers on this copy for dern near a year (each offer higher than the last)...there always seems to be a point at which a "sale" will happen

I had the book pressed and was prepared to send to CGC... today, I sold it for a sum of money that, well, really boggles my mind...

it is no secret that any book I collect or own, I will make available (at the right price)... for me, collecting is as much about the hunt and pursuit, as the acquisition... I applaud those that can hang onto books forever, but when you spend the kind of money some do on certain books, well...you have to realize they are a tangible asset...

with this sale, I no longer am a member of the sc 22 club, but I hope to be again soon :wishluck:

Congrats on the sale.

The buyer must really know his grading. It would be difficult for me to ever buy a book of such worth unslabbed for fear of it coming back a much lower grade than expected or even worse PLOD.

Did you attach any sort of "guarantee" to the book?

I am pretty sure I chronicled my search for about the last year or so, for a nice VF or better SC 22... I am, by my nature, a DC man, and when it came to SA keys, I was just more drawn to sc 22 than sc 4 (likely for affordability)...

in my search, I noticed a TON of fr to g/vg copies, but didn't see all that many vg or better copies for sale... so, as my personal search continued, I started picking up any nice vg or better copy (speculating, if you will)... and, well, that part of the story is fairly well chronicled here on the boards (I think I bought and subsequently sold about 14+ copies)...

what also has been alluded to, was that I finally was able to procure that VF copy I was after... I paid STRONG for it, but I felt it was a book that had no place to go but up and gosh darnit, I had been making offers on this copy for dern near a year (each offer higher than the last)...there always seems to be a point at which a "sale" will happen

I had the book pressed and was prepared to send to CGC... today, I sold it for a sum of money that, well, really boggles my mind...

it is no secret that any book I collect or own, I will make available (at the right price)... for me, collecting is as much about the hunt and pursuit, as the acquisition... I applaud those that can hang onto books forever, but when you spend the kind of money some do on certain books, well...you have to realize they are a tangible asset...

with this sale, I no longer am a member of the sc 22 club, but I hope to be again soon :wishluck:

Congrats on the sale.

The buyer must really know his grading. It would be difficult for me to ever buy a book of such worth unslabbed for fear of it coming back a much lower grade than expected or even worse PLOD.

It's also a trust issue.I would buy from Rick because I trust him as a person,and his grading skills.Congrats on the sale :applause:

Top and right edges are cut off in the pic...not a good sign...

Nice high grade copy you don't see very often. From what I can see, I would not grade it a 8.0...but it looks like a very strong 6.5. For the $900 price, the seller knows what he or she has.

;)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

The HA copy says "From the Gary Keller collection."

Anyone have info on this?

Is it the Gary Keller who was a production assistant and letterer for Marvel Comics (according to wiki)?

If it was, then it just goes to reinforce the notion that even Marvel staffers actually prefer DCs. :roflmao:

Is it the Gary Keller who was a production assistant and letterer for Marvel Comics (according to wiki)?

If it was, then it just goes to reinforce the notion that even Marvel staffers actually prefer DCs. :roflmao:

Whoa Ryan...don't go too far.

He just knows what he´s writing about! Marvel staffers secretly prefering DCs is not a big secret. They just know what´s really cool :cool:

Congrats on the sale.

yes, I guaranteed it would grade at least 8.5 and be unrestored (thumbs u

Congrats on the sale.

It would be a great buy for under 30k (thumbs u

Congrats on the sale.

Solid!

How was the centering on the book if you can recall?

Just trying to stir things up a bit, and it looks like I did not succeed. :tonofbricks:

Just trying to stir things up a bit, and it looks like I did not succeed. :tonofbricks:

I'm not quite sure the power ring can penetrate webbing.... hm

Congrats on the sale.

It would be a great buy for under 30k (thumbs u

:gossip: think north

Congrats on the sale.

Solid!

How was the centering on the book if you can recall?

after the press, just about perfect (thumbs u