• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

not till it is cgc graded, don't want to jinx :wishluck:

Got my 7.5 re-graded guys. I'm antsy about the prospective (future) grading fees on this book!! I only paid $85 bucks for the Expresso service!

It graded a 7.5 OW/W same as before...thank goodness for that !!!!!

Keep in mind that I've got raw scans galore of this puppy inside and out!

Got my 7.5 re-graded guys. I'm antsy about the prospective (future) grading fees on this book!! I only paid $85 bucks for the Expresso service!

Well, at least it also had a chance of grading higher and higher page quality. lol I guess the next revised census will show another 7.5. Thanks for letting all of us know. Yeah, do you have a scan of it? :hi:

Well, at least it also had a chance of grading higher and higher page quality. lol I guess the next revised census will show another 7.5. Thanks for letting all of us know. Yeah, do you have a scan of it? :hi:

hm that depends, if he´s sent the old label to cgc or not. Did you?

Yes, I sent in the old label. It's in transit to me. I'll post scans when it arrives.

Here's my latest baby from C'link. I swear it looks like a 7 !!

87201.jpg.9576eb60567e2fff7a2935a23ed8e7ce.jpg

Yes, I sent in the old label. It's in transit to me. I'll post scans when it arrives.

Here's my latest baby from C'link. I swear it looks like a 7 !!

That's good you sent the old label...so there is not an invisible 7.5 around. Very nice SC23! Well done!! We both are missing a SC24 with nice pages!!! (shrug)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

I am pretty sure I chronicled my search for about the last year or so, for a nice VF or better SC 22... I am, by my nature, a DC man, and when it came to SA keys, I was just more drawn to sc 22 than sc 4 (likely for affordability)...

in my search, I noticed a TON of fr to g/vg copies, but didn't see all that many vg or better copies for sale... so, as my personal search continued, I started picking up any nice vg or better copy (speculating, if you will)... and, well, that part of the story is fairly well chronicled here on the boards (I think I bought and subsequently sold about 14+ copies)...

what also has been alluded to, was that I finally was able to procure that VF copy I was after... I paid STRONG for it, but I felt it was a book that had no place to go but up and gosh darnit, I had been making offers on this copy for dern near a year (each offer higher than the last)...there always seems to be a point at which a "sale" will happen

I had the book pressed and was prepared to send to CGC... today, I sold it for a sum of money that, well, really boggles my mind...

it is no secret that any book I collect or own, I will make available (at the right price)... for me, collecting is as much about the hunt and pursuit, as the acquisition... I applaud those that can hang onto books forever, but when you spend the kind of money some do on certain books, well...you have to realize they are a tangible asset...

with this sale, I no longer am a member of the sc 22 club, but I hope to be again soon :wishluck:

I am pretty sure I chronicled my search for about the last year or so, for a nice VF or better SC 22... I am, by my nature, a DC man, and when it came to SA keys, I was just more drawn to sc 22 than sc 4 (likely for affordability)...

in my search, I noticed a TON of fr to g/vg copies, but didn't see all that many vg or better copies for sale... so, as my personal search continued, I started picking up any nice vg or better copy (speculating, if you will)... and, well, that part of the story is fairly well chronicled here on the boards (I think I bought and subsequently sold about 14+ copies)...

what also has been alluded to, was that I finally was able to procure that VF copy I was after... I paid STRONG for it, but I felt it was a book that had no place to go but up and gosh darnit, I had been making offers on this copy for dern near a year (each offer higher than the last)...there always seems to be a point at which a "sale" will happen

I had the book pressed and was prepared to send to CGC... today, I sold it for a sum of money that, well, really boggles my mind...

it is no secret that any book I collect or own, I will make available (at the right price)... for me, collecting is as much about the hunt and pursuit, as the acquisition... I applaud those that can hang onto books forever, but when you spend the kind of money some do on certain books, well...you have to realize they are a tangible asset...

with this sale, I no longer am a member of the sc 22 club, but I hope to be again soon :wishluck:

Cha-ching !!!

Cha-ching !!!

I almost feel dirty lol

Cha-ching !!!

Let me guess 30k plus? If it is...indeed Detective27kid had sold a SC22 for a record!!! :golfclap:

Congrats Rick. If it was a 9.0, sure it went through the absolute roof.

If it was an 8.5, then I'm also sure it was absolutely ridiculous.

There are predictions out there that this book will be approaching ASM 1 levels... in terms of value.

Demand for this book is truly through the roof right now.

Cha-ching !!!

I almost feel dirty lol

:signfunny:

There are predictions out there that this book will be approaching ASM 1 levels... in terms of value.

my "gut" is it will hit 9.0 from cgc (it was priced as such)... if the new owner will allow me, I will happilly reveal the sale price...stay tuned

indeed...I know I was not quite "veracious" but hungry when I was going after this copy, but the new owner was quite aggressive and that was what it took

Gator.. It feels as though you are a founding father of the SC 22 club.. your membership is indeed for life I am sure. But if you feel left out I gottao SC#22 for ya.. lots of fading and water damage but hey.. if it makes you feel any better..

SC22 5.0 and up prices are very comparable to ASM1...but not quite there yet. The Mound City copy will be the next leg up for high grade SC22 (6.0+). (thumbs u

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Cha-ching !!!

I almost feel dirty lol

Scrooge0002.jpg

Would you happen to have pix of that 9.0 copy Rick? WOuld love to take a glance at it
indeed I have scans...and I had planned to post once graded (though, I was not 100% sure I would)...after all, folks know I like to share the majority of the books I buy, but there are some that, well, are just for "me"... this may or may not have been one of those, but that point is moot right now...

the new owner is a registered member of these boards, I believe :baiting:

Would you happen to have pix of that 9.0 copy Rick? WOuld love to take a glance at it
indeed I have scans...and I had planned to post once graded (though, I was not 100% sure I would)...after all, folks know I like to share the majority of the books I buy, but there are some that, well, are just for "me"... this may or may not have been one of those, but that point is moot right now...

the new owner is a registered member of these boards, I believe :baiting:

We may know and speculate by the census or we may never ever know if the owner keeps it raw....but would definitely be exciting to glance. Detective27kid have seen and own many copies, but was only able find three copies above a 6.0 which truly explain the rarity of high grade copies. Currently, SC22 currently does not exist in 9.2 or better and if no ever copies ever exist for the next five to ten+ years...all members with high grade copies will be well rewarded in the long term.

(thumbs u