• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

As long as it came back an honest grade.....In my opinion it would be a better grade that what it received from cgg compared to alot of the other graded 22's out there for sale.....
with that fading, I would have a hard time calling it higher (shrug)

I was wondering if it was faded or the scan was not leveled correctly hm

Still looks very nice, just hope CGG didn't overlook any resto.

I think you mean PGX :gossip:

Yes, that OTHER company. (thumbs u

As long as it came back an honest grade.....In my opinion it would be a better grade that what it received from cgg compared to alot of the other graded 22's out there for sale.....
with that fading, I would have a hard time calling it higher (shrug)

I was wondering if it was faded or the scan was not leveled correctly hm

Still looks very nice, just hope CGG didn't overlook any resto.

I think you mean PGX :gossip:

Yes, that OTHER company. (thumbs u

. . . and more likely THEY would overlook it :cry:

Ya know, I just looked at the listing again. It's NOT PGX, it's an old CGC "World" slab ???

Had a bunch of us fooled. That's weird.

CGG(PGX) not CGC

I guess I gotta get my glasses checked (shrug)

that is my concern...how can a grading company, any grading company, give a grade better than VG on a book that extremely faded...I mean, there is no "greeN" at all, that I can see (shrug)

that is my concern...how can a grading company, any grading company, give a grade better than VG on a book that extremely faded...I mean, there is no "greeN" at all, that I can see (shrug)

Bought a Strange Tales Ann 2 in PGX 8.0. Broke it open and a one inch corner was missing on the splash page. No notes, no apology, just a total screwing without the kissing. doh!

Well, isn't he called Olive Lantern? :sick:

structurally the book looks nice, but that "olive" green ...nothing personal (I diss on my own books too!), but man o man I wouldn't want that copy 2c

Just a thought but what other pedigrees of SC 22 are out there?

:bump: anyone? Anyone?

Western Penn hidden somewhere out there. I imagine there has to be a Bethlehem copy also but out of sight out of mind.

The Western Penn 22, 23, 24 sold as a group for $1000 in 1988 to a west coast collector.

Tom

That is a bargain

Not in 1988 it wasn`t.

I saw the Bethlehem copies of 22 - 24 back in about 1996. I think the 22 was 8.0ish with the 23 and 24 much nicer.

The 24 was graded 9.0 by CGC. For some reason I thought the 23 was an 8.0.

Bought a Strange Tales Ann 2 in PGX 8.0. Broke it open and a one inch corner was missing on the splash page. No notes, no apology, just a total screwing without the kissing. doh!

That s****. :sorry: Every time I see a PGX book, I knock it down at least two grades.

Western Penn hidden somewhere out there. I imagine there has to be a Bethlehem copy also but out of sight out of mind.

The Western Penn 22, 23, 24 sold as a group for $1000 in 1988 to a west coast collector.

Tom

That is a bargain

Not in 1988 it wasn`t.

I saw the Bethlehem copies of 22 - 24 back in about 1996. I think the 22 was 8.0ish with the 23 and 24 much nicer.

Comiclink 23 copy 9.0,recent Ebay 9.0, and Bethlehem 9.0. That's must be all the 9.0's. hm

Man! Ive got to get myself a S22 finally. This thread is the only one that gets consistent action in the Silver forum! lol

Better do it now before the prices really take off next spring prior to the movie. :baiting:lol

structurally the book looks nice, but that "olive" green ...nothing personal (I diss on my own books too!), but man o man I wouldn't want that copy 2c

Agreed on the olive color. I think one of my previous 4.0s had the same issue. Structurally, a very nice book, but I even had people up here ask what the difference was between it and the color on my lowly 2.5. :sorry:

Edited by kimik

Tom

That is a bargain

Not in 1988 it wasn`t.

Comiclink 23 copy 9.0,recent Ebay 9.0, and Bethlehem 9.0. That's must be all the 9.0's. hm

Something doesn't make sense there.

Tom

That is a bargain

Not in 1988 it wasn`t.

My bad typo...I meant 24. It will be interesting to find more info or images of the Bethlehem 22 and 23.

Tom

That is a bargain

Not in 1988 it wasn`t.

"My bad typo...I meant 24. It will be interesting to find more info or images of the Bethlehem 22 and 23."

The 24 beth copy is in heritages archives..havent searched the 23,0r 22...

What was the Clink 24 9.0? can't find that.

Edited by kryptospidey

The Clink 22 9.0, 23 9.4, and 24 9.0 were owned by Robert Rogovin (Four Color Comics) and sold through Clink in Oct 07. I can say I am pretty sure all 3 books came from the same collector/collection as they exhibit similar defects. If you really want to differentiate would probably be easier to call the books something like the Four Color GL Showcase books as just saying Clink is probably confusing since they sell a million books a year or whatever.