• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

cdpaoli again. The seller did disclosed it might look slightly trimmed. How does he know that, probably bought a trimmed copy and crack it open. hm

Trimming is all or nothing, there is no slightly :sumo:

What the seller might be trying to say is that it was a bad microtrim job that CGC detected. lol

I would think a SC22 9.4 would sell for more than a BB28 in 9.4. (shrug)

There is no such thing currently. Therefore B&B 28 in 9.4 continues to be the 3rd most valuable SA DC book, behind the 9.6 and 9.4 copies of Showcase 4.

Would a 9.4 SC #22 top a 9.4 SC #4 right now is the bigger question in my mind. With the emergence of the 9.6 I doubt that a 9.4 SC #4 would come anywhere close to its high price now.

FWIW, I expect SC #22 to eventually end up as #1 if the GL movie franchise does well.

Given that Showcase 4 predated 22 by three important years and is widely regarded as raising the curtain on the Silver Age, I'd say that Showcase 4 in the same grade will continue to elicit higher bids than Showcase 22. And I'm saying this even though Green Lantern is my favourite hero.

:blahblah:

Edited by Hepcat

cdpaoli again. The seller did disclosed it might look slightly trimmed. How does he know that, probably bought a trimmed copy and crack it open. hm

I saw the disclosure, but didn't see it was cdpaoli. I guess this is another handle he uses?

I took it as the seller wasn't sure if it was trimmed, but if it's really "him" then it likely was.

The concensus is that this is most likely a new Ebay Id of theirs from a satellite location,in northern cali...maybe a friend/family members unused ebay id,ect...but it smells of the said scammers...

Yeah...a scammer with a lot of alias. Hope his margins continue to shrink.

Trimming is all or nothing, there is no slightly :sumo:

What the seller might be trying to say is that it was a bad microtrim job that CGC detected. lol

A "bad job". lol The seller is wacking the census with new plods. I just don't trust plod census numbers anymore.

I saw the disclosure, but didn't see it was cdpaoli. I guess this is another handle he uses?

I took it as the seller wasn't sure if it was trimmed, but if it's really "him" then it likely was.

The concensus is that this is most likely a new Ebay Id of theirs from a satellite location,in northern cali...maybe a friend/family members unused ebay id,ect...but it smells of the said scammers...

Consensus, where? If there's a bulletin board with a list of these scoundrels please tell me I want to know :grin:

I would think a SC22 9.4 would sell for more than a BB28 in 9.4. (shrug)

There is no such thing currently. Therefore B&B 28 in 9.4 continues to be the 3rd most valuable SA DC book, behind the 9.6 and 9.4 copies of Showcase 4.

Would a 9.4 SC #22 top a 9.4 SC #4 right now is the bigger question in my mind. With the emergence of the 9.6 I doubt that a 9.4 SC #4 would come anywhere close to its high price now.

FWIW, I expect SC #22 to eventually end up as #1 if the GL movie franchise does well.

Given that Showcase 4 predated 22 by three important years and is widely regarded as raising the curtain on the Silver Age, I'd say that Showcase 4 in the same grade will continue to elicit higher bids than Showcase 22. And I'm saying this even though Green Lantern is my favourite hero.

:blahblah:

Showcase 4 has its' days in the 80's and 90's. It reminds me of Whiz #2. I'm sure 10-20 years from now, we can SC22 has its' time in 10's and 20's. 2c

Consensus, where? If there's a bulletin board with a list of these scoundrels please tell me I want to know :grin:

Ebay Fail thread in "General Section"

Great, just when I thought mine would be the only low grade slab on eBay :tonofbricks:

But your copy is priced well and to move. I bet with some resto removal, it might garner a 1.5 blue label grade (thumbs u

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Great, just when I thought mine would be the only low grade slab on eBay :tonofbricks:

But your copy is priced well and to move. I bet with some resto removal, it might garner a 1.5 blue label grade (thumbs u

Hope so, it would be nice to show my wife I can actually turn a profit with these comics she disapproves of so vehemently lol

Hope so, it would be nice to show my wife I can actually turn a profit with these comics she disapproves of so vehemently lol

I hope so. lol

Take it from me, it will never be enough lol

Ditto. The more you make, the higher her expectations go! lol

The problem is when you make a big sale she finds out how much you are really spending on "funny books".

That is why you should only "brag" about the reasonable sales. What she doesn't know can't be turned into shoes!

Ditto. The more you make, the higher her expectations go! lol

Then she'd want you to sell more. Why guys end up marrying women who don't share their interests is beyond me. Regardless of how hot they are, you know that won't last.

???