• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Anyone notice if all the Showcase 22 hype is spilling over to GL1, and impacting the price for nice copies thereof?

Sure but it started almost two years ago...now it seems to have leveled off.

The last sale for a 7.0 was late last year for over $2K. (shrug)

Where was that?

kryptospidey :gossip:

I believe Clink had a 7.0 go for $2200 or so as well last fall.

Anyone notice if all the Showcase 22 hype is spilling over to GL1, and impacting the price for nice copies thereof?

I miss the days when you could buy a 9.4 GL 1 for $18K. :cry:

That's one sweet copy you sold last year Tim...of course not $18K.

I miss the days when comics were 12 cents lol

Yes, definitely.

I think it's affecting SC23 and 24 also. Anyway high grade 10cts DC are so rare, they MUST be valuable. It's crazy to see AF15 so expensive when you see the number of copy going around

DC rules :headbang:

Yes, definitely.

I think it's affecting SC23 and 24 also. Anyway high grade 10cts DC are so rare, they MUST be valuable. It's crazy to see AF15 so expensive when you see the number of copy going around

I think I might test the waters with a 7.0 GL #1 on eBay to see what the current market is. hm

The current rise on SC22 (pricier) may just do that. SA DC key's prices and supply dwarfs Marvel, so I would think so. Now, Batman and Superman is back in the limelight, the DC enterprise is going out in full force.

Huh?! Don't you mean that both the supply and prices of Marvel Silver Age books dwarf those of DC? Is not the supply of Marvels higher as are the prices?

???

The current rise on SC22 (pricier) may just do that. SA DC key's prices and supply dwarfs Marvel, so I would think so. Now, Batman and Superman is back in the limelight, the DC enterprise is going out in full force.

Huh?! Don't you mean that both the supply and prices of Marvel Silver Age books dwarf those of DC? Is not the supply of Marvels higher as are the prices?

???

Supply of Marvels are higher and many more are over $100K.

Yes, definitely.

I disagree because there are 40x as many AF 15 buyers than SC 22.

This one happen to be price in means. Did you notice his other books are price out of line and very high. He price the SC22 5.0 out of line with the OSPG and happen to be near FMV.

Yep...saw that.

Old label 5.0 with cream just might be a CR/OW 5.5 and a steal at $3600 hm

Well, if the final price was for an actual sale, then it was a steal at only $3600. lol

This one happen to be price in means. Did you notice his other books are price out of line and very high. He price the SC22 5.0 out of line with the OSPG and happen to be near FMV.

Yep...saw that.

Old label 5.0 with cream just might be a CR/OW 5.5 and a steal at $3600 hm

Well, if the final price was for an actual sale, then it was a steal at only $3600. lol

Could be a steal at $4K, $5K.

:jokealert:

At some point...this beast has to cool off. lol

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Anyway high grade 10cts DC are so rare, they MUST be valuable. It's crazy to see AF15 so expensive when you see the number of copy going around

That's why I continue to add to my DC comic collection. I don't mind paying for short supply, but I really resent paying the prices caused by high demand.

:makepoint:

Edited by Hepcat

Anyway high grade 10cts DC are so rare, they MUST be valuable. It's crazy to see AF15 so expensive when you see the number of copy going around

That's why I continue to add to my DC comic collection. I don't mind paying for short supply, but I really resent paying the prices caused by high demand.

:makepoint:

Your awesome collection more than make up for the high price demand stuff.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Yes, definitely.

GL is my favorite DC character and I'm not trying to belittle the significance of Showcase 22, but I would buy 10 copies of AF15 before I purchase my first Showcase 22. Spidey just has more appeal for me, and there's no substitute because nothing else really satisfies.

1. I don't buy multiples of books unless I find a copy in distinctly better condition. Therefore if I already owned one of either of those books in a condition that was satisfactory in every way, I'd be looking to buy a different book.

2. Putting price aside, Amazing Fantasy ranks way down on the list of Marvel comics I'd like to own. Amazing Spider-Man 1 has more aesthetic appeal than Amazing Fantasy 15 in my eyes. I just don't like Jack Kirby's rendition of Spider-Man on the cover of AF15. And was the origin story of Spider-Man from AF15 not reprinted in its entirety in Amazing Spider-Man 1?

???

Edited by Hepcat

Yes, definitely.

GL is my favorite DC character and I'm not trying to belittle the significance of Showcase 22, but I would buy 10 copies of AF15 before I purchase my first Showcase 22. Spidey just has more appeal for me, and there's no substitute because nothing else really satisfies.

I think your board name kind of gives away where your allegiances lie. :baiting: