• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

I was a player upto 20k (including bp), but since i had not connection, I didn't help it reach 23900...nice price...wasn't the book already pressed though (shrug)

(shrug)

to pay 23900 for a 8.0 that looks like an avg 8.0 one would "assume" they might have had some pressing thoughts about it ?

I was a player upto 20k (including bp), but since i had not connection, I didn't help it reach 23900...nice price...wasn't the book already pressed though (shrug)

(shrug)

to pay 23900 for a 8.0 that looks like an avg 8.0 one would "assume" they might have had some pressing thoughts about it ?

I just did not like the asthetics of the front cover (light transfer staining) in the blue grays. And some minute rusting of the staples.

But, it IS a rare 8.0, (thumbs u

Roy mentioned he seen the Savannah copy raw.

From what I saw a press wouldn't help the book. There was color breaking wear at the top edge as well as a decent crease through GL's lower foot that keeps the grade down.

I got the feeling that someone just wanted a reasonably nice copy of this book.

I think I posted my opinion on the grade here a few pages ago, but I do not feel it is even a low end 8.0 based on other books I have had graded/owned in the past with similar wear.......

Edited by kimik

(shrug)

Still very nice even if no possible potential.

Roy mentioned he seen the Savannah copy raw.

From what I saw a press wouldn't help the book. There was color breaking wear at the top edge as well as a decent crease through GL's lower foot that keeps the grade down.

I got the feeling that someone just wanted a reasonably nice copy of this book.

Same here. I felt the foot was the biggest flaw lol and the slight rusted staples was also a negative.

(shrug)

I just did not like the asthetics of the front cover (light transfer staining) in the blue grays. And some minute rusting of the staples.

But, it IS a rare 8.0, (thumbs u

We all think a like sometimes.